Author Topic: 9.1.x Stuff  (Read 178 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
9.1.x Stuff
« on: January 21, 2021, 09:30:27 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rouGKKoLhqQ&ab_channel=Taliesin%26Evitel

Tali gets all speculative with what might come in 9.1. Maybe late spring? Maybe visiting a new adjacent realm, particularly as the host site for the next raid?

Good point about having the covenant stories end... for now, but the structure allowing Blizz to tack more story content on to each covenant with patch releases. Of all the things I like about 9.0 so far, the "you don't have to wait for the end of the expansion to get end-story/lore content" is definitely on the list. I'd be happy to see more covenant story in 9.1, though I would like it to be less obscure and not gated behind non-obvious choices.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
Re: 9.1.x Stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 04:40:10 PM »
I feel like he missed the natural expansion to the loot system.  AKA keep using anima as the currency instead of introducing a new one, and gate the gear upgrades behind the expanded covenant quest.  And then just increase the anima rewards from raiding, M+, etc.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 06:19:55 AM »
I feel like he missed the natural expansion to the loot system.  AKA keep using anima as the currency instead of introducing a new one, and gate the gear upgrades behind the expanded covenant quest.  And then just increase the anima rewards from raiding, M+, etc.

This seems simple and obvious, but Blizzard has a terrible habit of abandoning systems/currencies and starting over at every possible opportunity.

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 07:36:42 AM »
Finally watched this, and I think Tali was far afield on some of those 9.1 next realm guesses.  Capitalist paradise Brokerland seemed like a reach.  The various ethereal/energy-beings-in-clothing we've seen before get some of their feel of being Cool Outsiders because we don't ever see where they came from.  If Blizz did it, it would feel like Mechagnome-land did-- kinda off the point.  Maybe as a later distraction/minor dungeon realm like Mechagon was, but not a place for main plot/raid.

Evitel seemed more on point-- more Death realms.  I was really surprised he didn't lead with or even mention the Drust-- that's a realm of the dead we've actually dipped toes into, recently, with an antagonist we didn't fully resolve.  I always figured Blizz had a raid in the pocket for it, but delayed it.  Even if Blizz did go for the Emerald Dream again, they'd need an antagonist, and given the Drust invasion currently, they'd be top of choice for that too-- but then, why not do their own place?

The one thing I hope for is more bright places, less super-dark.  My old eyes are really tired with the purple-on-dark-grey-on-black places, and having to lock myself away from any light to play.
Alliance: Fallowgrey L60 Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Bazwazzak, Troll Shaman / Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, Gnome Mage / Aerzulie KulT rogue