Author Topic: MCU Thoughts (Spoilers Abound)  (Read 127 times)

Leah

• Boomcop Posse Friend
  • Professional Meter Maid
MCU Thoughts (Spoilers Abound)
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:50:45 PM »
I realize most of the conversations here, outside of WoW, have to do with other games but I'm still surprised the MCU has never come up in discussion. Are there are other diehards here or am I an island unto myself?

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: MCU Thoughts (Spoilers Abound)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
Are we talking MCU game or something else?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »
The Marvel movie series, probably.  I've watched most MCU movies in the theaters since Winter Soldier, and I think I've seen all of them except the Hulk one in 2008.  I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but they're always a good time.  Thor Ragnarok is probably my favorite.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:25:45 AM »
I'm curious to see how they'll move things forward after the end of phase 3 (or 4; I've lost count) with Spider-Man: Far From Home.

I also wonder how long it will be before the audience begins to suffer from superhero fatigue.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 09:14:56 AM »
I've seen them all. I have many thoughts. Mostly I think the filmmakers waste a lot of potential and don't actually understand what makes characters good (in the sense of enjoyable). Thor: Ragnarok, for example, was two movies kind of badly squished together that did a terrible job with two great female characters.

Leah

• Boomcop Posse Friend
  • Professional Meter Maid
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »
I was indeed talking about the films. Ragnorak is my favorite stand-alone film and Infinity War is a top ten all-time favorite altogether.