Author Topic: 8.2.x Stuff  (Read 4309 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 8.2.x Stuff
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 12:00:12 PM »
The new mythic+ affix is available for PTR testing, and wowhead has an article up about it:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292179/season-3-mythic-affix-beguiling-details-and-information

Similar to Infested, Beguiling changes the way certain trash packs must be approached, with different packs affected each week.  It doesn't look like emissaries are added to pulls as liberally as infested mobs were in season 1, based on the Atal'Dazar example, but each one might cause more of a slowdown or more of a rethink in the trash-clearing strategy.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 10:52:55 AM »
8.2 has been announced for June 25.  Raid opens July 10.

If your neck is at level 50, I believe you will stop getting 2000 gold from bonus rolls (that don't award loot) when the patch drops, as you'll go back to getting AP in that case.  You might want to spend down to 0 or 1 rolls before the patch, as you'll have the two weeks before the raid opens to replenish that number.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t//201408/1

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 06:57:58 AM »
There's a new Mechagon comic linked from the launcher - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23021205?blzcmp=app

It's super weird because it starts off with "No one is immune from death—no one except the people of Mechagon". Excuse me? Like, literally NOBODY in WoW dies. Not you, not your followers, not random NPCs, mobs in the world, nor storyline characters. Literally, nobody.

There's also a countdown timer for Wow Classic release that as of this writing shows over 65 days.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 07:36:22 AM »
I think they're specifically talking about death from old age, since it's not like you can't kill a mechagnome with violence.  I think even dragons and elves have a limited natural lifespan, although it's very long compared to that of humans and orcs.

(There are also plenty of dead named lore characters, although the ones who come to mind died through violence.  Uther, Tiffin Wrynn, Varian Wrynn, Tirion Fordring, etc..)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 08:47:03 AM »
My attempt at a to-do list for 8.2:

* Flying (aka revered with Waveblade Ankoan and Rustbolt Resistance):
- Run the mainline quest chains to unlock the two reputations
- Explore the new zones, run side quests
- Get a Contract: Ankoan or Contract: Rustbolt Resistance
- Run world quests in Nazjatar
- Kill rares in Nazjatar (one-time 50 rep each, 40 rares but probably only some up each day)
- Do the public event in Nazjatar (150 rep)
- Do the warmode "Battle for Nazjatar" event when it happens every few days (500 rep, win or lose)
- Open treasures in Nazjatar to get Lesser Benthic Arcanocrystal and follow quest chain (500 rep, I think one per week)
- Defeat elite pets in Nazjatar (one-time 250 rep each, total of 3000 rep)
- Level up bodyguards (400 rep for each at level 5, maybe more at higher levels)
- Run the daily world quest in Mechagon (850 rep) and the pet daily world quest (75 rep)
- Run the daily Mechagon quests
- Defeat elite pets in Mechagon (one-time 250 rep each, total of 2000 rep)
- Kill rares in Mechagon (one-time 75 rep each, 36 rares)

* Ramp up new buffs and consumables:
- Gather new herb and ore on gathering alt (gathering will be faster with flying)
- Level enchanting, alchemy, and jewelcrafting to 175 as needed
- Get new recipes (can't find much information on how)

* Essences:
- Await theorycraft on the best essences
- Do weekly islands in case Worldvein Resonance is good

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2019, 04:16:57 PM »
I think they're specifically talking about death from old age,

I suppose that's right. But they could easily have said "...immune from age..." Just struck me as weird.

Fernia

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
Anyone know if we will land up with 8.2 rewards for the M+ chest tomorrow, or will it still be a 410 chest? 
Better rewards might motivate me to actually run something on Fernia tonight.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
Still 410 until the raid opens two weeks later.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 09:03:10 AM »
Servers are up.  (Maintenance was scheduled to go until 6pm eastern but they're early this time.)  Don't forget to update your UI mods.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 05:23:30 AM »
It appears that heroic warfronts are not actually in game yet. You can get the quest from the NPC but there doesn't seem to be any way to queue for it. We tried individually and with a group of 10 guildmates and no love. We tested having a person from within the group as leader and a person in the group but not the guild as leader - neither had any effect. We didn't see any clear statements in patch notes or blue posts as of last night. Slightly disappointing, though not surprising since it should give the same higher-level gear as the new raid.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
It appears that heroic warfronts are not actually in game yet. You can get the quest from the NPC but there doesn't seem to be any way to queue for it. We tried individually and with a group of 10 guildmates and no love. We tested having a person from within the group as leader and a person in the group but not the guild as leader - neither had any effect. We didn't see any clear statements in patch notes or blue posts as of last night. Slightly disappointing, though not surprising since it should give the same higher-level gear as the new raid.

From what I heard it was removed as the warfront was not giving credit for the quest. When they fix it, it should return.
Andius(Ht60), Belandius(Pr60), Dalandius(War50), Drandius(Sh50), Elandius(R60), Vandius(M50), Deandius(DK50), Delandius(Drd50), Jinandius(Pal60), Shandius(Wk60), Kamandius(Mk50), Ishandius(DH50) Liandius(LF Pal(50) Venadius (Mk50), Klandius(Ht50), Diandius(R50) Mechandius (W50)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 10:36:00 AM »
Being able to get the heroic warfront quest was a bug.  From recent hotfix notes:
Players can no longer receive the Heroic Battle for Stromgarde quest prior to its launch at the start of Season 3.
So it should be available on July 9 along with the normal/heroic raid and the Mechagon dungeon.
Also in those hotfix notes, for anyone who tried the jellyfish jumping world quest:
Queen Azshara is amused by adventurers' efforts facing her prized jellyfish during "Jumping Jellies" and has graciously cast a taming ward, making them easier to traverse.
We'll see what that means the next time it comes up.  (I completed it in the original incarnation, but it took dozens of tries.  I finally figured out that you had some air control via rotation, and that turning on RP walk made it a bit easier not to overshoot the next jelly.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23036677
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:42:15 AM by Marco »

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »
We'll see what that means the next time it comes up.  (I completed it in the original incarnation, but it took dozens of tries.  I finally figured out that you had some air control via rotation, and that turning on RP walk made it a bit easier not to overshoot the next jelly.)

I just cheated and glided to it after bouncing off the top jellyfish. Being a Demon Hunter has been an absolute blessing in that zone.

Fernia

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 06:51:47 AM »
I'm not sure what the current maximum sized bag is in the game, but i might need one for the gnome island.
There is so much junk filling up my bags.

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 09:23:07 AM »
I'm not sure what the current maximum sized bag is in the game, but i might need one for the gnome island.
There is so much junk filling up my bags.

On the plan for June 28th fixes:

Resources for Junkyard Tinkering in Mechagon can now be stored in Engineering bags and the reagent bank.

Alliance: Fallowgrey L60 Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Bazwazzak, Troll Shaman / Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, Gnome Mage / Aerzulie KulT rogue