Author Topic: Professions and crafting in BfA  (Read 240 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Professions and crafting in BfA
« on: August 14, 2018, 05:46:07 AM »
So far I've started two characters, four professions. As expected, world resource nodes are highly used and harder to find, but gathering seems more interesting. Skinning in particular seems improved as you get multiple kinds of things (including what I expect are cooking resources) from skinning. And Engineering looks like it's getting some of its fun toys back, including bombs. Mostly these are useless in PvP but I've found them highly useful for melee characters to pull with - I used tons of land sharks and rockets for this in past expansions. We'll see what the blast radii are.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Professions and crafting in BfA
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 03:44:48 AM »
So far I've started two characters, four professions. As expected, world resource nodes are highly used and harder to find, but gathering seems more interesting. Skinning in particular seems improved as you get multiple kinds of things (including what I expect are cooking resources) from skinning. And Engineering looks like it's getting some of its fun toys back, including bombs. Mostly these are useless in PvP but I've found them highly useful for melee characters to pull with - I used tons of land sharks and rockets for this in past expansions. We'll see what the blast radii are.

I'm not sure it is that great with the more items coming from skinning, just gives more items to manage.
I see the following:

• [Hardened Tempest Hide]
  • [Tempest Hide]
  • [Coarse Leather]
  • [Calcified Bone]
  • [Blood-Stained Bone]
  • [Calcified Bone]
  • [Blood-Stained Bone]

Plus [Expulsom] which all gathers get, and [Sanguicell] which is my unlearned tab tells me is from Uldir.

These are all used by leatherworking.
Andius (Hunter 120),Belandius (Priest 120),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 113),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 113) Kamandius (Monk 114), Ishandius (DH 120) Liandius LF Paladin (32)

Oakshlane

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 04:35:33 AM »
FYi - I have an alchemist at 145. Can craft all flasks and now have the cauldron.

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 05:42:19 AM »
I can make ilvl 300 gear for lw if anyone has a toon they just can't seem to get luck with.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:10:30 AM »
Vantarus has:

Alchemy 132/150
* All recipes but cauldron
* The following recipes at three stars:

Potions
- Intellect
- Stamina
- Bursting Blood
- Replenishment
- Coastal Mana
- Coastal Healing
- Sea Mist (slow fall/water walk)

Flasks
- Endless Fathoms (Intellect)
- Vast Horizon (Stamina)

Cooking (135/150)
* Can make all recipes including feasts, except Heartsbane Hexwurst
* Three star recipes in:
- Loa Loaf (41 mastery)
- Mon'Dazi (41 versatility)

* Feast situation: I have a one-star recipe for the greater feast and a two-star recipe for the lesser feast.
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »
I finally got around to getting Kul Tiras herbing and Skinning. 

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
I'd like to check on something:

I continued Skinning and Leatherworking with Theadora. At this point, I've made ilvl 300 gear for myself. I'm still skinning, crafting shoulders, and scrapping for Expulsom (or whatever it's called).

The question is: Is there any point? I'm never going to do Mythics, which means I've never going to be able to make the ilvl 355 gear. I've seen no hints of recipes between ilvl 300 and 355. I can make fist weapons and bows, but the fist weapons are not as good as the polearms for Druids, and Druids can't use bows.

Apart from trivial items (scuba gear, which Druids don't need; drums for +10% haste, which I've never used since someone always casts before me; etc.) is there any point in fiddling with Leatherworking anymore?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 02:01:47 AM by Winston »
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 06:36:51 AM »
As a newly minted 120 I'm finding survivability difficult against packs of random world 120 mobs. I can pretty reliably handle 1-2 but the extra adds and fast spawn rates make things dicey (never mind the griefers who train lots of mobs onto me). I'm mostly questing as tank because the slower kill time is kind of balanced out by fewer deaths and not having to stop and eat after every fight. Amazing how much burnt food I'm consuming.

Anyway, better gear helps that. So even if you're just doing quest lines and WQ it's helpful to have better gear for less dying and quicker completion.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 08:09:55 AM »
Better gear is always nicer. My question is: Now that I've made the best LW gear that I've found recipes for with ingredients I'm likely to have access to, is there any point in sticking with it (e.g., scrapping LW shoulders for Expulsom)? Are there recipes for gear between ilvl 300 and 355 that I just haven't seen yet?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »
My understanding is that the base 300 gear recipes can sometimes proc epic 310 items, but other than that, no, not that I know of.

WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760