Author Topic: World of Warcraft Classic  (Read 2748 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Re: World of Warcraft Classic
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2019, 04:46:08 PM »
I suppose it's unsurprising that the advent of classic has pushed up the price on WoW tokens substantially.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »
Yeah, after a bit of oscillation it seems to have gone up from around 145K to around 160K, and that 145K equilibrium is itself up from the 125K equilibrium of a few months ago.  I'd speculate that the jump mostly comes from people resubbing for classic using leftover Legion gold, which should eventually ease up as people either leave classic or burn through their gold supplies.

Yharon

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2019, 07:41:13 PM »
Did you lot ever create an Alliance guild for ER people on Bloodsail Buccaneers?  There are two Horde-side guilds that I'm aware of; Earthen Ring Remains and Resonance.
smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Kudger

• Adjective Noun Friend
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
So far I have to say that I am loving classic. I picked a Priest as that's what I played back then and am having a blast. The overall pace of the game is significantly slower than BfA but I'm honestly really enjoying it; I can hop on, play some music, and just relax as I quest and work on my professions.

Probably the most significant positive difference that stands out to me so far is how much friendlier strangers are and how much the game supports grouping up to get things done. Almost every play session I wind up running into people on the same quest, grouping up, and then we quest together and chat for the rest of my play session. Compared to BfA, the difference is pretty stark.

I also enjoy the old talent system that, when combined with the slower pace of leveling, makes every level feel significant. I had a more significant sense of accomplishment going from level 16-17 on Classic than I did going from 1-60 on my void elf in BfA.

Probably the biggest con right now is how crowded it is. Every so often I get to a quest that isn't designed for anywhere near the amount of people doing it at the same time, which can lead to spawn camping and draws out the quest for much longer than it was meant to be. I figure that will largely settle down as the "newness" factor of Classic dies down and fewer people make it to the higher levels.

So far, Classic is shaping up about how I expected it to, and I'm looking forward to continuing the journey.

On a more personal note, as a long time Classic supporter who was on the brunt of a lot of "Wall of NO" spam and harassment on the WoW general forums from people over the years, it makes me feel a bit vindicated to see Classic be as successful as it has been so far.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2019, 06:23:29 AM »
Blizzard announced free character moves for Classic realms.  The NA list is:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-free-character-moves-realms/284713/1

There are twelve source realms there, which I think is every one of the original 13 NA realms except for the RP realm (Bloodsail Buccaneers).

Every so often I try to experimentally log into Faerlina in the evening to see what the queue is like.  Yesterday evening the estimated queue time was three hours.  There's been no trouble getting into the RP realm, although its listed population does reach High on some evenings.

psthree

• Boomcop Posse Member
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2019, 02:30:13 AM »
Did you lot ever create an Alliance guild for ER people on Bloodsail Buccaneers?  There are two Horde-side guilds that I'm aware of; Earthen Ring Remains and Resonance.
So, Would love to find a Guild for me and the wife. Would prefer to be folks for DC as I've been with you all the most the past expansions.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2019, 07:50:46 PM »
Interesting stuff about layering in this blue post: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/realm-layering-update/320767

The implication is that Bloodsail Buccaneers is running with two layers (and we'll be able to know for sure in the realm list), as I think are all of the original name-reservation servers.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2019, 07:38:29 AM »
So, I'm surprisingly not playing because I've decided I love free time? But I ran into this kind of interesting retrospective on WoW in general now that Classic is out by Dan Olson/Folding Ideas and thought I'd post it here. It's for a more general audience rather than just for WoW players so it's not as nitty-gritty as we might like, but I thought the ultimate conclusions about game design and design preference between Classic and BFA were pretty sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RxQRswLAmI
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
Ion's latest video (which is otherwise about BFA) announced that in Classic, Dire Maul will become available next week (October 15).  This is being done separately from phase 2, so world bosses and the honor system won't be going live at that point.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2019, 10:19:22 AM »
My father, who's (re)playing Classic, told me that gold farmers are back, with a vengeance. He said prices on gold were pretty insane - like a USD or more per gold for a while. Anyone seen this?

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2019, 08:55:01 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo8ExFC6M2Y
Rhykker, quoting data from superdataresearch.com, claimed that Classic subscriptions effectively tripled the subscription revenue Blizz was getting from Wow. If I understand correctly, that means that about 2x as many people have Classic subs as retail subs. Even so it appears that Classic subs were below the surge that Blizz got when BfA released, however that's projected.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2019, 08:08:25 PM »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
Another revision to the phased content plan: AV, WSG, and elemental invasions will unlock on December 10.  The early introduction of AV and WSG might be a result of player complaints about the amount of world PvP generated by the honor system.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t//368940/1