Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 4446 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2017, 08:38:02 AM »
I've largely seen speculation of August/September, but we have nothing concrete to base that on.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 03:26:38 PM »
wowhead weekly reports that allied race unlocks are account-wide, not faction-specific.  I believe this is based on what's observable in the UI on the PTR, not an official Blizzard announcement, so it could still change.  But as we understand things now, you shouldn't need to grind out Highmountain Tribe or Nightfallen rep and quest achievements on a horde character just to be able to unlock the creation of Highmountain Tauren or Nightborne characters.  (But any characters you create of those races must still be horde characters.)

Dark Iron Dwarves and Zandalari Trolls might be a different matter.  Not as much of the implementation of those races is visible yet, and it seems less likely that you'd even be able to do the unlocks for those races on a character of the other faction.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 08:48:25 PM »
BfA(*) testing is apparently about to begin, as there is a build available for downloads and the usual sites are datamining it.  mmo-champion is calling this an alpha, while wowhead is calling it a beta.  I think wowhead is in line with Blizzard as their recent class design post talked about upcoming beta testing.

The historical length of the testing period has increased with each expansion (if my notes and calculations are correct):

* BC: 95 days
* Wrath: 119 days
* Cata: 160 days
* Mists: 188 days
* Warlords: 224 days (85 alpha, 139 beta)
* Legion: 281 days (171 alpha, 110 beta; alpha began before December holidays)

But since we're evidently not having a period labeled "alpha", maybe we should expect the testing period to be shorter.

(*) Nobody can agree on what to nickname this expansion: "Battle", "Baz", "Bazeroth", or (from Taliesin and Evitel) "'froth".  "BfA" works okay in print but doesn't roll off the tongue.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:50:30 PM by Marco »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »
A relevant tweet in the "What do we shorten Battle For Azeroth to?" discussion:
https://twitter.com/frigbiscuits/status/956245023867179009

Personally, I think it's a winner.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2018, 02:51:13 PM »
A lot of alpha stuff is being datamined right now and mostly all I feel is playable fat humans and skinny humans when, Blizzard? WHEN????

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2018, 10:57:52 AM »
I see a upgrade option for Battle for Azeroth has appeared on the character select screen.
Given the anger people have felt about the changes to level having a 110 character boost shown as one of the three stand out point of upgrading is an odd choice.

Checking the site I learnt that : https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth

Pre-purchase: Game is expected to release on or before September 21, 2018.

Yes there is a pet for the collectors Edition.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2018, 11:53:22 AM »
If you can get through the interminable queue to pre-purchase, you should be able to do the short quest(s) to unlock a handful of the allied races now, meaning you can play several of the allied races now.

Hotspur

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2018, 12:00:17 PM »
I had several problems using a credit card directly, but using Paypal pointed at that same credit card worked just fine (a bit ago).

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2018, 12:03:36 PM »
Does anyone know if new character slots unlock with prepurchase or on BofA release?

Hotspur

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:10 PM »
"The team is is working to get 4 extra character slots out to everyone in the next few days, regardless of if pre-purchase or not."

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
"The team is is working to get 4 extra character slots out to everyone in the next few days, regardless of if pre-purchase or not."

Not sure if it is to do with this but none of my characters now show up on the character select screen.

Edit: Seems from the forum I'm not the only one with this problem!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:51:53 PM by **andius »
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2018, 02:09:18 PM »
No more PvP/PvE server distinction. Looks like if you choose to flag in the open world, you get sent to a version of the map with other flagged people?
From the dev Q+A today, it sounds like on RP servers, you will only share zones with flagged people from the same server (except as affected by people using cross-server group invites).  On Earthen Ring, this design probably means your zones will be pretty empty if you go out with your PvP flag on, which could be useful at times if you don't mind the possibility of a fight.  But it also means if you actually want to do world PvP on a regular basis, a server like ours might not be the best place to be.

Of course, as they seem to be gearing up to do more realm connections, they could connect us with an RP-formerly-PvP server, at which point the expected number of flagged people from the same server cluster in a zone might rise substantially.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2018, 02:14:05 PM »
A lot of the existing rp-pvp servers are on the Chicago datacenter and all except emerald dream are low pop, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
How might this affect the Wardens Tower and FFA PvP World Quests? I presently used World Quest Group Finder to assemble parties for the PvP dailies. Are cross-server group invites the norm; can an add-on activate them?

I can solo the Wardens Towers easily enough, but Black Rook Rumble might get tedious if I WQGF could only potentially invite people from Earthen Ring. On the other hand, the other FFA quests might become tolerable if I rarely encountered any other players there. 
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »
The thread about the problem is 167186 pages long and growing rather fast. I predict some emergencyplaned maintenance rather soon and it will not be quick.
If you have a raid planned for tonight I do not think your going :/