Author Topic: 7.3.x stuff  (Read 2994 times)

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 7.3.x stuff
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2018, 05:09:29 AM »
To get the authenticator backpack slots, you also have to enable SMS Protection.
And there may be a delay between adding the protection and getting your bag slots.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2018, 06:46:26 AM »
The maker of DBM posted a "not my fault" message this week. Blizzard released 7.3.5 with at least two major bugs, one involving audio (game sounds clip and stutter) and one involving video frame rate slowdown. The latter can be seen in pretty much any mod that tracks spell effects, including DBM and Weak Auras. The claim is that the bug is in Blizzard code so disabling these add-ons (as Support always suggests) will not improve performance in raid encounters.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:02 AM »
Yeah, Blizzard tweeted this:
We are continuing to investigate issues with performance in raids and are working to isolate and address them as quickly as possible. This is a top priority for us.
I didn't have any sound issues in mythic+ dungeons yesterday (I did have sound issues in raid Tuesday evening, but no frame rate issues), so these "issues with performance in raids" might be the ones the DBM author is talking about.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »
Looks like an eight hour maintenance block tomorrow just popped in to the Breaking News alert in the launcher. Curious to see what might be the cause of that. Usually dramatic bug fixes can be done in a hotfix or smaller patching process. Eight hours would seem to suggest to me some intense hardware reshuffling or something even more absurd like having to repush the patch.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
I'm not sure if this is true, but from some interview in the past I got the sense that during these long maintenance windows, they actually bring the realms up live but make them inaccessible to non-Blizzard employees, then do a bunch of manual testing to try to uncover problems which only manifest on live realms.  If they're doing that on a Friday, it means the fix for the raid performance issues (or something else) is invasive enough that they're afraid of breaking something worse.  (And the fact that realms came up at 7pm Tuesday instead of 1-2pm like in past patches means that things may have been initially broken worse than they were for us.)

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2018, 03:41:45 PM »
I know I'm way behind on this, but...  did this patch come with fancy new tools for rendering spheres or something?  So many balls!

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2018, 04:23:28 PM »
I'm sure you will all weep when you hear this bad news, but I wanted to let you know of the possibility:

Today, I had a legendary drop from a Blingtron 6000, of all places. I didn't know he could supply legendaries. Not only that, but it was an ilvl 1000 Emperor's Capacitor, which wowhead claims is the best single-target legendary for Windwalker Monks.

The bad news is that this is the seventh legendary that's dropped for Yungi. I've had trouble figuring out which ones would go best with which specs, setting them all up in Blizz's Equipment Manager, and making sure I had non-legendary alternatives. Two of them weren't optimal for any gear set when compared with my other legendaries, so they're parked in the bank until I delete them, I guess.

I warned you that you would weep for me.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2018, 04:26:44 PM »
Emperor's Capacitor is a really strong legendary. I use it on my WW. If you use your charges during Storm, Earth & Fire all your guys will do a big Crackling Jade Lightning, too.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:41 PM »
Anyone get a fairly sizeable patch today? Any idea what's in it?

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
I begin to suspect that the garrison missions which give you raid quest items are timed to encourage people to LFR on weekends.  Can someone who watches their garrison mission timers more closely confirm or refute this?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2018, 07:33:32 AM »
I got mine this week on Thursday.  I deferred it until Friday (after my second raid night) because the nether disruptor maxed me out on extra rolls.

The raid missions come in every other week, don't expire for nine days, and there's no expiration on the resulting quests.  You can run the mission any time this week and complete the quest any time next week with no loss in efficiency.

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »
But if you've already cleared the relevant boss by the time the quest completes, you might be able to upgrade your gear sooner by going LFR?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2018, 12:40:33 PM »
Ulduar timewalking is available for the first time this week, alongside Wrath timewalking dungeons.

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »
Does it drop the robot head mount?   ;)