Author Topic: 3.3.x stuff  (Read 9152 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
3.3.x stuff
« on: March 02, 2010, 09:21:10 AM »
Here's a megathread for reporting on stuff that happens during the 3.3.x lifecycle.

To start things off:

* Starting this week, there is a zone-wide 5% health and damage buff in ICC called Strength of Wrynn.  I don't know how you opt out of it if you want to.  It looks like this will go up to 30% over time.  No word on whether bonus threat is also multiplied.  The number of attempts for heroic-mode wing end bosses has increased from 20 to 35.

* We're expecting a 3.3.3 patch in the next few weeks; notes here

* In 3.3.5 (likely a couple of months off) we are expecting new raid content in Wyrmrest Temple.  More information here.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 3.3.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
# World Event Bosses

* Holiday bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder.
          o Players must use the Dungeon Finder or speak to special holiday NPCs in the world to queue up and access these bosses.
          o Upon accepting a queue for any holiday boss, the party will be ported directly to the necessary area for confronting that boss.
          o The previous summoning criteria for these bosses have been removed. Players can queue up for and fight each World Event boss as many times as they want for any standard loot that they may drop.
          o All rare holiday items (such as The Horseman's Reins) will have a chance of being found in holiday-themed loot troves which will drop once for each player in the party no more than once per day, in the same manner that doing the Random Dungeon daily quest will provide a specific reward the first time it is completed in a day.

This looks great :D
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 04:01:58 AM »
According to MMO-Champion:

Items

You can now exchange any Battleground Mark for a Commendation of Service (185 Honor).

THANK GOD IN HEAVEN. As with many of you, I am sure, I am sitting on a pile of AV and IoC tokens which are, y'know, totally useless since I refuse to farm tokens from every other BG in order to cash'em in for honor.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »
* Starting this week, there is a zone-wide 5% health and damage buff in ICC called Strength of Wrynn.  I don't know how you opt out of it if you want to.  It looks like this will go up to 30% over time.  No word on whether bonus threat is also multiplied.  The number of attempts for heroic-mode wing end bosses has increased from 20 to 35.

There's an npc at the instance you can talk to, though you need to warn people not to chat with him out of curiosity because I don't think there's a way to turn it back on.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
ICC nerfs, active now or at the next server restart:
    * In the Lord Marrowgar encounters, the boss will no longer reset threat after a bone storm and will now wait a small amount of time before attacking at the end of a bone storm.
    * In the Deathbringer Saurfang encounters, the boss is now less likely to cast Blood Nova on targets affected by Mark of the Fallen Champion.
    * In both normal and heroic versions of the 10 player Rotface encounter, the mutated infection ability will not be cast as quickly while the fight progresses.
    * In the 10- and 25-player heroic Festergut encounters, the malleable goo ability should no longer target pets.
    * In the Valithria Dreamwalker encounters, the duration of Emerald Vigor and Twisted Nightmares were slightly increased.
    * In the Sindragosa encounters, the duration of the instability debuff was slightly reduced.
The Rotface and Valithria nerfs seem to be the most significant.  Rotface's directly extends the soft enrage timer, and Valithria's makes it easier to roll stacks.  The Marrowgar nerf mostly eliminates a source of random death, since the fight was already pretty easy.

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 07:34:37 AM »
THANK GOD IN HEAVEN. As with many of you, I am sure, I am sitting on a pile of AV and IoC tokens which are, y'know, totally useless since I refuse to farm tokens from every other BG in order to cash'em in for honor.

Funny story how those are the tokens I require most... AV bores me to death and I always seem to lose IoC I do most of my pvp in small groups owning up AB and WSG and I'v since burned through my 100 that I started Wrath with :(

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 07:44:29 AM »
According to MMO-Champion:

Items

You can now exchange any Battleground Mark for a Commendation of Service (185 Honor).

For those disinclined to look it up, you are still better off turning in all 6 badges together than turning in individual badges.  Turning all 6 in provides 1489 honor -- 248 honor per badge.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 07:52:12 AM »
For those disinclined to look it up, you are still better off turning in all 6 badges together than turning in individual badges.  Turning all 6 in provides 1489 honor -- 248 honor per badge.

True! But, that doesn't take into consideration the time and likelihood of success inherent in obtaining badges from each BG.  Currently I can hit AV or IoC a dozen times each and win 75% of the time, and walk out with a sack full of badges for each.  Those badges are useless to me unless I go spend even more time in four other BGs which I hardly ever win in order to muster roughly the same number of badges. Also: this method allows me to NEVER QUEUE FOR STRAND OF THE ANCIENTS -- a benefit that, by itself, is worth the depreciated honor reward.

Seniummortus

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 07:55:01 AM »
Another thing to take note of is that this change occurs when badges become phased out of the system so really its honor you wouldn't be getting otherwise.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 07:33:26 AM »
Frozen Orbs will be an automatic greed roll in 3.3.3.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/15/12680047996-frozen-orbs-in-patch-333.html

(Caveat: Wryxian is an EU CM, but a definitive statement like this still has pretty high confidence attached.)

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 06:23:57 AM »
Some new notes on the 3.3.3 PTR. Notably:

* ICC buff (Strength of Wrynn) is going to apply to pets, and will increase the absorption of PW:S and Sacred Shield. Disco priests and BM hunters rejoice!

* Pact of the Darkfallen in the Lana'thel fight will tick for damage twice as often, but do half the damage per tick.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »
* ICC buff (Strength of Wrynn) is going to apply to pets, and will increase the absorption of PW:S and Sacred Shield. Disco priests and BM hunters rejoice!

Don't forget Unholy DKs! This should throw a wrench into what had been predicted to be best in BiS gear and once the buff had gone up in the past week.

Danrith

• Huntard Extraordinaire
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 05:17:14 AM »
Not just BM hunters ... even Marks/Survival get 10-15% of DPS from the pet.  Every buff helps!

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 10:15:24 AM »
* Pact of the Darkfallen in the Lana'thel fight will tick for damage twice as often, but do half the damage per tick.

This nerfs PoM a little bit and makes me sad.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Gellin

• Master Waffler
  • CotRR Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 10:20:25 AM »
So my felguard does more and my two fave specs get DPS increases (destro and demon). This makes me all giddy inside.
Current addictions ... Bioshock Infinite, Starcraft 2 and Mass Effect 3 (Single and Multiplayer).