Author Topic: Wildstar  (Read 8548 times)

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Re: Wildstar
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2015, 08:30:44 AM »
It's been fun.  Levelling and questing I've been enjoying more than WoW, but it's likely because everything is fresh and new.  The classes all play differently and the style of the game is different.  The 'elite' mobs out in the world are considerably tougher than they are in WoW and the nature of how combat works makes it a lot more active and hands on.  You need to be aware of the various damage zones, but the game does a great job of clearly telegraphing where a heavy attack will land or what a damage zone is.  The thing they do that I really like is they let you customize the colors for these.  ...as a colorblind guy who gets caught up in reap on council...this is a welcome addition.  I could change the 'don't stand here' from red to something else if I was running a red/fire themed raid.

And while the raiding stuff is a bit more intense than WoW with regards to set raid sizes and attunements, there's a lot of just...stuff to do in the game if that's not your gig.  The house customization is really nice and there's some fun communities setup there with people creating fun spaces for RP or other things.  The path system is pretty fun for letting players kind of pick another way to progress and play the game.  Like jumping puzzles?  Become an explorer.  Like buliding stuff?  Become a settler.  Want to learn more about the lore?  BEcome a scientist.

But yeah, like Honor said I don't see myself getting super involved with the end game.  I wanna poke around with dungeons and adventures and if I pug a raid or find a super casual occasional run?  I'd do it, but it isn't going to pull me away from WoW and this community.  All my friends and stuff are here on WoW and I don't wanna leave that.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
I do love the shiphand missions. I actually get excited when I find one in a new zone.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2015, 02:01:40 PM »
Is the leveling experience changed from before? I enjoyed it a great deal but I did it on three characters already and was kind of looking to see new stuff in endgame.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2018, 07:57:14 PM »
Sic itur ad astra - the WildStar game service will close on November 28.

https://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2018-09-26-wildstar-signing-off-november-28/

They're going all the way back to July to refund peoples' purchases, which seems like a really nice gesture.