Author Topic: Honor farming?  (Read 4786 times)

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: Honor farming?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 10:31:56 AM »
LOL!
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 11:08:12 AM »
I keep trying to get out, but they keep pulling me back in.

I'm going for Tabard of the Achiever. It turns out that it's faster to get three tabards (Private's Tabard. Knight's Colors, and Stormpike Battle Tabard) through PvP. The total cost of those tabards is 50K honor; at 10K/day that's five days of grinding.

To buy any of the Tournament tabards costs 50 Champion's Seals, which means 5 days of grinding per tabard.

Back to the Battlegrounds for five days!

And in another year we will see "Justicar Winston"...

Seriously, I considered it, because I'd like to have the Exalted title. But in grinding honor for the mounts, my rep meters barely moved for any of the factions. BG rep-grinding now seems as hard as honor-grinding is easy; the Justicar page confirms this.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
Seriously, I considered it, because I'd like to have the Exalted title. But in grinding honor for the mounts, my rep meters barely moved for any of the factions. BG rep-grinding now seems as hard as honor-grinding is easy; the Justicar page confirms this.

Yeah.  I've been trying to find a 40th faction for the exalted title as well.  But I've already run out of things to buy with honor and I'm not even to Honored with either the AB or WSG factions.

I suspect that getting the Justicar title from scratch these days is about as hard as getting "the Insane", but it used to be much easier so you'll see people around with title.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
You won't get Justicar any time soon by doing 20min games in the random BG finder. Back in the day, we got Justicar by dominating with a pre-made team of the same players playing every day. AB's would be 5 caps and over in ~4-5min and WSG would take ~5-6min.
SWTOR Characters: Republic - Zerana, Hedrak, Joanna, Delmond; Empire - Destro, Entropi, Pennance, Purgatori

Mr. Tring

• Party Pooper
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
I didn't come on the scene until partway thru TBC and I managed to get the title. It did take a lot of grinding but I made extensive use of the holiday to get extra rep. Most of the grind was done while I was still on Farstriders which had a slightly more favorable battlegroup so I'm sure that helped as well. With the changes to the time limit on WSG I'm sure that adds some additional complexity to things, unless you always get max rep for a win (which would be a change as rep used to be awarded per flag cap).

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »

Yeah.  I've been trying to find a 40th faction for the exalted title as well.  But I've already run out of things to buy with honor and I'm not even to Honored with either the AB or WSG factions.

I gave up trying to get Exalted via the PVP factions (except Stormpike, which I got ages ago because it used to be a guaranteed Alliance win mostly back in the day...); instead it's not too hard to solo farm DM north for Shackle Keys and tannins for Ogre Suit quest turnins.  Plus I can sell Ogre Suits for 20-25g on the AH afterwards. :)

-Andraax

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:49 PM »
I keep trying to get out, but they keep pulling me back in.

I'm going for Tabard of the Achiever. It turns out that it's faster to get three tabards (Private's Tabard. Knight's Colors, and Stormpike Battle Tabard) through PvP. The total cost of those tabards is 50K honor; at 10K/day that's five days of grinding.

To buy any of the Tournament tabards costs 50 Champion's Seals, which means 5 days of grinding per tabard.

Back to the Battlegrounds for five days!

Actually, only three days.

First, I discovered that I missed one other PvP tabard: Silverwing Battle Tabard, which costs 12.5K honor.

Then I discovered that both the Silverwing and Stormpike tabards are refundable, and just wearing one counts towards the achievement. So the recipe is:

- Earn 15K honor, which can be easily done in a single evening.

- Go to Silverwing Retreat, purchase the tabard, wear it, then sell it back for the honor refund.

- Go to Alterac Valley, purchase the tabard, wear it, then sell it back for the honor refund.

- Go to Stormwind and buy the Private's Tabard. Wear it. You've just counted a total of three tabards towards the achievement.

Then 1-2 more nights of PvP will get you the Knight's Colors.

I gather that most other tabards are not refundable in this way (including those purchased with Champion's Seals and Arena points). Cheesy hax FTW!
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

nurgh

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 01:44:46 PM »

I gave up trying to get Exalted via the PVP factions (except Stormpike, which I got ages ago because it used to be a guaranteed Alliance win mostly back in the day...); instead it's not too hard to solo farm DM north for Shackle Keys and tannins for Ogre Suit quest turnins.  Plus I can sell Ogre Suits for 20-25g on the AH afterwards. :)

-Andraax
Ogre suits are fun.

Vylin

• Mains Are For Casuals
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »
This past week I was able to farm enough honor for: Relentless Ring, Neck, Cloak, Belt, Boots, Wrist; Furious Legs & Chest.

I'll have to say...its really easy to get honor nowadays. Basically you can get fully PvP entry level ready in less than a week. I didn't go TOO hardcore either. Pretty rad!