Author Topic: Warlock Tune-up  (Read 4682 times)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: Warlock Tune-up
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 05:52:14 AM »
you could pick up [wow]50469[/wow] and slough some hit there, and pick up [wow]49893[/wow]. Also, I'm sure the next tier piece you want to replace is the chest, right? [wow]50243[/wow] will lose some hit, too.

I know the boots are probably expensive, but those seem to be the most immediate way to get rid of hit.

Oh yeah, run HoR for [wow]Shriveled Heart[/wow]!
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 06:00:35 AM »
After the T10 robe, you'll be 90 hit rating over the 11% cap (I dunno if ANR is overflowing with draenei or not).  That's 2-3 pieces of non-hit gear; offhand, wrists, cloak, and boots should all have some good non-hit options, although I'm not familiar with the ICC25 drop table.  As Edalia noted, the cloak and boots have non-raid options available once you have the resources to throw at them.

Andy

• Infraction Champions Member
  • Tanking mandatory, spanking optional.
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »
Thanks gents.

I can't remember if ANR auctions off Primal Saronite, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

I'm also wonder if it is worthwhile to hold onto the T9 set bonus (+10% pet criticals), but from my own observations, I have never had an issue with Dark Pact dropping off (minus times of pet deaths and me not noticing).

Yeah, looks like I need a bunch more badges. And maybe some jaunts into ICC10.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
With the usual disclaimers about simulations and their dependency on particular gear sets and buff combinations, here are approximate values of the T9 and T10 set bonuses according to some Simulationcraft runs I did with my gear last December:

Destro: T9 2pc=260, T9 4pc=107, T10 2pc=123, T10 4pc=348
  Demo: T9 2pc=123, T9 4pc=117, T10 2pc=162, T10 4pc=368

The T9 2pc bonus is actually better for destro than demo because it translates to more personal criticals (Dark Pact uptime remains in the high 90s regardless).  The 4pc T10 bonus is the best set bonus for both specs.

Olli

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 08:49:39 AM »
I'll toss this in here since it's a demonology-related question. The EJ demo thread gives a formula for calculating DP uptime. I tried it with a few character-sheet crit values and it always came out over 99%, but I know my demon doesn't inherit my full crit. I have an addon that shows me demonic pact's uptime, and it usually gives me values around 94% when my demon is able to attack the whole time.
What I'm getting at here is whether me getting Focus Magic is helpful for Demonic Pact uptime, and I'm having a rough time finding the answer on EJ. My theory right now is that there's a talent that gives your demon 30% of your crit, so if I get a buff for 3% crit, he should get about another 1%...right? But then whether that 94% I'm seeing is accurate and would increase from that 1%, I don't really know. Maybe I really have essentially "capped" my uptime somewhere over 99% and the realistic value is because of something else (Obviously it's lower on fights where I pull him off, like "stop dps" on Putricide or Sindy's air phase, but it's not like I see 99% uptime on tank-and-spank either.) I could find a mage friend and attempt to test on a target dummy, but it'd take a fairly large sample size to show the effects of 1%.
I can't find data more recent than T9 content/gear for FM priority for mages. The chart I saw showed fire/frost mages benefiting the most (but who plays those in raids? <.<) and then shadow priests, and demo locks were somewhere in the middle. No reference was made to the effect of FM on DP.
This is getting math-y so I'm looking at Marco.   ::) ::)

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
The one reference I found says that the Imp does not benefit from Focus Magic on its master.

It also included a FM benefit list:

1. Frostfire-mage 300%
2. TTW Fireball mage 250%
3. Moonkin 250%
4. Shadow priest 200%
5. Elemental shaman 200%
6. Destruction warlock 175%
7. Arcane Mage 175%
8. Affliction warlock 175%

I believe the percentage is as compared to the default 150% damage a caster does on a crit without talents otherwise affecting it.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 09:53:16 AM »
I haven't paid much attention to the math on this one.  I doubt the marginal increase in demonic pact uptime from 1% additional pet crit chance adds up to much raid DPS, but that's mostly a guess.

Olli

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 10:10:51 AM »
Ghoselle, could you post a link to your reference?

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
Ghoselle, could you post a link to your reference?

http://tinyurl.com/2vmtdhg was the thread on the wow-europe forums -- he doesn't really have any info backing the imp not benefiting from FM.  Reading through it seems like he assembled the list by summarizing stuff read on EJ.

Andy

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010, 06:48:57 AM »
Only 20 or so badges away from a new Chest piece and the t10p4 bonus. In looking at the logs, I've moved towards the middle of the pack for DPS in ANR raids and still have some gear slots to upgrade. I'm hovering at 900-1000 haste rating w/o procs and just slapping on haste wherever it makes sense.

I'm pretty proud that my demonic pact buffs range from 380-560 SP, depending on how much stuff is proc'd when demonic pact reapplies. Is there a mod that tracks those buffs and how much they are applying for?

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010, 10:18:21 AM »
Only 20 or so badges away from a new Chest piece and the t10p4 bonus. In looking at the logs, I've moved towards the middle of the pack for DPS in ANR raids and still have some gear slots to upgrade. I'm hovering at 900-1000 haste rating w/o procs and just slapping on haste wherever it makes sense.

I'm pretty proud that my demonic pact buffs range from 380-560 SP, depending on how much stuff is proc'd when demonic pact reapplies. Is there a mod that tracks those buffs and how much they are applying for?

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/demopact.aspx  (I've never used it so I can't say how spiffy it actually is)

Olli

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Yes Andy, it's called DemoPact. It should track average values, number of times applied, and min and max values.

Andy

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »

Yes Andy, it's called DemoPact. It should track average values, number of times applied, and min and max values.

Sweeeeet.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 07:39:07 AM »
*kicks the mages out*

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2010, 07:54:55 AM »
The EJ Demo thread suggests that you only want to be casting Incinerate when Molten Core is up, otherwise throw shadowbolts. Is that what everybody does? Just want to get 'real world' confrimation is all.  :)
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester