Author Topic: Sunsetting DC Forums  (Read 342 times)

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Sunsetting DC Forums
« on: March 16, 2022, 11:55:17 PM »
Hey,

I chat a bit about this with Frank, but we're considering sunsetting the DC forums.  A lot of the discussions that normally happened here have migrated to Discord.  Discord isn't quite 1 to 1 yet with places for random chatter about other games, WoW and specific groups, but we're likely to start shifting that and creating channels in the same way as we have here.  As a result of this we're likely going to let this run out its course and encourage everyone to join the DC discord:

https://discord.gg/t6HV6GYD

Like I said, it doesn't have quite the variety of channels yet, but we're going to work at getting that done so things will be similar.  There hasn't been as much traffic here and many of us have other Discord communities we are apart of so it's just a bit cleaner and easier to migrate there.  Anyway, I invite everyone that's a part of these forums to join.  I'm not sure I have a timeline on how long these forums will be active, that's a Frank question.

That said, reflecting back on this community, it's kind of crazy.  Ellyee and myself founded it at the start of WotLK when Wildly Inept Pacifists decided to become its own thing and stop hosting Wildly Inept Raiding.  That was 14 years ago.  This community is almost old enough to drive.  We've seen raid groups come and go, but we've all stuck through it one way or another and pitched in to find raids, groups and help each other out.  ...as well as generally talk about gaming, rave about things we're playing that we love, complain and everything in between.  Here's to another 14 years on Discord or whatever else afterwards.  You all are an awesome group of people and are honestly the core reason why I still play this game.  Here's to another 14 years!  ....also I'm really curious how many guilds/communities have lasted this long.  There can't be that many.

Grace

Re: Sunsetting DC Forums
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
Well now I'm going to have to regularly check Discord now.
/highfive

"My hard exterior masks a soft, nougat-y center."
- Tinkerballa, The Guild

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 08:31:59 PM »
A big thank you to everyone who supported and made these forums possible for so many years!!

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 09:57:49 AM »
Well now I'm going to have to regularly check Discord now.

This. And learn how to search it for back discussions.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 01:16:09 PM »
Sad to see this go but not the post count is down a lot lately.
Andius(Ht60), Belandius(Pr60), Dalandius(War50), Drandius(Sh60), Elandius(R60), Vandius(M51), Deandius(DK60), Delandius(Drd60), Jinandius(Pal60), Shandius(Wk60), Kamandius(Mk50), Ishandius(DH56) Liandius(LF Pal(50) Venadius (Mk50), Klandius(Ht50), Diandius(R55) Mechandius (W55)

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 04:41:04 AM »
Yeah, thanks for all the memories!  Will miss this.

Abbi

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 04:43:36 PM »
I am at times amazed at the longevity of all this.