Author Topic: Shadowlands 9.1  (Read 945 times)

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
Re: Shadowlands 9.1
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2021, 11:20:35 AM »
!!!!!! Kristin!  This means we can run the "I.....won't be doing that" dungeon again!

I actually really like that idea since running the same M+ dungeons gets pretty stale.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2021, 11:33:48 AM »
Things About Legion M+ Timewalking I Am Excited For, An Incomplete List:

* All end-of-dungeon gear dropping at Legion appropriate ilvl, not SL appropriate ilvl
* Blizzard not fixing it until after the TW event finishes.
* SL AoE caps meets Legion mob density.
* Pugs messing up the jumping at the beginning of Darkheart Thicket, pulling EVERYTHING
* Seat of the Triumvirate +15 keystones.
* Discovering that none of the WA/addons for the Court of Stars mini game work anymore, bricking everyone's key.
* Asking Kristin if she wants to do Neltharion's Lair

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2021, 12:57:38 PM »
Holy fuck I forgot about Seat.

TJ.  Let's get hammered and do that shit over.  Johnny can replace Jeff.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2021, 06:42:41 AM »
More details on Legion M+ timewalking from the PTR dev notes:

* Only Black Rook Hold, Eye of Azshara, Darkheart Thicket, Vault of the Wardens, Neltharionís Lair, and Court of Stars.
* You get a separate Legion keystone from Tah'sup (in the bank).
* Legion M+ runs count towards Great Vault M+ requirements.
* End-of-dungeon rewards are the same item level as regular M+ dungeons and can be upgraded with valor, but Legion items won't appear in the vault.

There is some risk that players will feel obligated to grind out specific Legion trinkets during Legion timewalking week, if they compare favorably to Shadowlands trinkets.

Also, AOE caps are being changed to "reduced damage beyond 5 targets", meaning they do full damage to five targets and reduced damage to all remaining targets in the area.  The notes don't say how much the reduction is or whether it depends on the number of additional targets.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ptr-915-development-notes/1082616

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2021, 06:49:05 AM »
My snap assumption was that they'd use the existing square-root drop-off mechanic that they already have in place for some abilities.

Very interesting that Wild Spirits wasn't explicitly called out as being changed to uncapped, but other covenant abilities were (Abom limb, etc).