Author Topic: AH offline subscription  (Read 1973 times)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
AH offline subscription
« on: May 19, 2010, 05:39:56 AM »
Anyone getting the AH subscription?  I'm curious about this segment of players.  My wild guess is that Blizzard is going after people who like to play with economies but have little to no interest in pve or pvp.

I'm wondering if 200 transactions/day is too low for serious players, and if they'll introduce tiers that allow more functionality and transactions.

I'm also curious how this'll interact with entire families playing.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Deren

• Bacon Bandits Member
Re: AH offline subscription
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 06:30:11 AM »
I will not.

This change seem that could have many factors.

Blizzard going after poeple that only loggin to play the AH. (We had one in EoE in villina)
  1) Blizzard get more money,
  2) Less lag on there servers (poeple not standing on major citys)

Or
This wasnt really wasnt a idea by blizzard, but are being funded for encomicals research,
 1) The Pirce tho small limits the poeple only to the ones really instressed in to getting into day trading.
 2) The 200 daily limit limits to a avg person trades per day. (Also stop bots from killing the market)
 3) They can see patterns vs many different servers.

its a good thing for blizzard in ether case so they probly can just be lump all togerther.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:57:50 AM »
Yeah, <Wild Hunt> had a person who really only played for the AH, too.  I'm sorta tempted to forward the announcement to him, but I presume someone already has.  :)

Huh, economics research.  Now that would be a fun rumour to start: Wall Street people are looking for new talent to recruit from the AH players.  :D
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Danrith

• Huntard Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:25:03 AM »
Anyone have a link to the specifics?  Are normal accounts being limited to 200 transactions per day, and you have to buy an AH subscription to go beyond that?  Or is the AH-only subscription limited to 200/day?

Personally, since I do not have time to farm for gold or mats, I have come up with a system on the AH that allows me to spend 30-40 minutes a day and make enough gold to supply my characters with what they need.  For this to work, though, I depend a lot on small profit, large volume transactions.  If I'm suddenly limited to 200/day, it will cripple my current AH plan and I'll have to come up with something else.  >:(  >:(

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:30:19 AM »
It's up on mmo-c.

Everything that currently exists, I believe, will stay the same.

For $3/month, you can use the new iPhone app to manage transactions, which has a 200 txn/day cap.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 07:31:37 AM »
http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/introducing-the-remote-auction-house/

that's got all the blue and some screenshots. It sounds like the 200/day limit is just through the mobile app/website.

I would consider this if I were doing more trading. For a while I was doing some heavy traffic glyph trading, but I was leveraging Auctioneer heavily.
o/\o

Jeir

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »
I am curious to see how this takes off as most people that play the AH use a mod or two to analyze the market prices and search for deals.  I don't see any of this type of functionality in the application.

I will probably try it out, but there are other ways to use your iphone (with no extra charge) to play the AH and still be able to use the mods.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 10:35:18 AM »
[8 year time skip]

This became free years ago, but is now being retired:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21655806

They don't say why.  They aren't retiring the whole armory app, so I can only imagine three possible reasons:

1. They want to make a structural change to the AH (like making it possible to buy partial stacks) and don't have a resource to update the app.
2. They decided it was too hard to keep it working in general.  I see one person in comments referring to the mobile AH as "a buggy mess" and another saying it was recently broken for months, so this might be it.
3. The access method used by the app became a vector for exploits.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:38:42 AM by Marco »