Author Topic: Mythic+ resources  (Read 279 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Mythic+ resources
« on: October 11, 2018, 08:59:36 AM »
I have been tanking a lot of mythic keystone dungeons lately.  Here are some resources I have found:

* https://mythicpl.us/ - this is a one-page informational web site with a mix of facts and advice.  It has the table of loot rewards for each keystone level, information about affixes, pointers to additional resources, and a bunch more.

* https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/9ix2yb/m_boss_cheese_strats/ - a reddit post with some quick tips for each dungeon.

* Angry Keystones addon - when you mouse over a mob, its tooltip will include how much it will contribute to the required trash percentage.  Also provides a timer display, and auto-places your keystone in the pedestal so you don't have to find it in your inventory (but still waits for you to confirm you want to start).

* Method Dungeon Tools addon - contains maps for each of the dungeons with icons for trash packs and patrols, and tools to put together routes through the trash.  Very fancy.

* http://keystone.guru/ - this is a very new web site for route-planning.  I find its interface confusing but perhaps it will improve.  I'm listing it here because I believe route-planning is better handled via web site than by addon, since routes can then be shared via links rather than export strings.

I think there is still room for a web site with in-depth dungeon-by-dungeon advice.  wowhead has some per-dungeon guides recommending trash routes but they aren't easy to read (they tend to use screenshots rather than maps).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:49:42 AM by Marco »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Mythic+ resources
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 08:17:56 AM »
* http://bestkeystone.com/ and http://mplus.subcreation.net/ - these sites both use public data to rank the dungeons by how easy they are to complete with this week's affixes.  (They also rank classes and compositions, which is probably more useful for people putting together pugs.)  bestkeystone.com has the simplest presentation.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 08:31:13 AM »
I think there is still room for a web site with in-depth dungeon-by-dungeon advice.  wowhead has some per-dungeon guides recommending trash routes but they aren't easy to read (they tend to use screenshots rather than maps).
wowhead just added a collection of better trash route guides, accessible via the mythic+ drop-down.  It still uses a series of screenshots, but they appear to be more carefully annotated than guides I looked at before, with tips on each set of trash.  There are also import strings for Method Dungeon Tools.  (This is where I think a web-based service like keystone.guru would work better if it had equal quality to the addon; you'd be able to just click and look at a map view.)  It doesn't look like these guides address teeming, and they don't have precise routes for the variations on Waycrest or Freehold, but they do handle both the alliance and horde versions of Siege of Boralus.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 09:03:07 AM »
Another useful resource is this article series on wowhead by the Method player Jdotb.  Each article usually comes out shortly after the weekly reset and talks about the current week's affixes and any recent changes.  You can see which dungeons (in his opinion) will be easiest and hardest for the current affixes, and what the trouble points are likely to be in the harder ones.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=288771/jdotb-bfa-q-a-10-recent-affix-changes-underrot-and-tol-dagor-timers
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:06:14 AM by Marco »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 11:54:19 AM »
In season 2, the Infested affix at +10 will be gone, to be replaced by the Reaping affix.  The general idea is every 20% of trash completion, a wave of ghosts arises from the trash you killed and charges the party.  Here is a clip:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AliveSpinelessSpaghettiOpieOP

Here are notes on the effects.  Numbers are likely prone to changing but the general design is probably set.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/comments/aefyuv/effects_of_the_reaping_affix/

From the clip, the ghosts don't trigger sanguine.  I don't think we know about explosive, volcanic, or REVIVAL!tic.  (If they trigger explosive that will likely be hotfixed, as that would be comically terrible.)  Probably they are the worst in combination with grievous, as they hurt the tank pretty badly and do significant raid damage besides that.  Carrying food (like Seasoned Loins or Grilled Catfish, both usually cheap on the AH) seems wise on grievous weeks.

Right now the +100% spawn seems to do nothing if you have already killed the final boss.  You can also de-aggro the ghosts by wiping or exiting combat; they will return to the trash they came from, have a large aggro radius, and will join in with the next wave of ghosts if not killed first.  I could see high-level groups choosing to wipe or de-aggro the +80% spawn with careful positioning, and then skip the +100% spawn by killing the final boss first.  There's a legitimate concern that this dynamic further encourages bringing a rogue (already quite cemented in the meta) for shroud skips, and also makes night-elf shadowmeld overpowered (maybe not as big of a deal because the meta is all horde at the moment).

There seems to be an accompanying change that once the timer is expired, you can talk to Bwonsamdi at the beginning of the dungeon for a +20% damage and healing buff.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 03:20:30 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »
Except you linked to someone talking about the raid nothing to with Mythic+
Andius (Hunter 120),Belandius (Priest 120),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 113),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 113) Kamandius (Monk 114), Ishandius (DH 120) Liandius LF Paladin (32)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »
Mispaste, fixed.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 09:26:29 AM »
I cannot imagine them stacking REVIVAL!tic either, because if they do, the tank is going to be unhealable pretty quickly and taking a tremendous amount of damage from the (dispellable) DoT. Also, since their health reportedly scales based on the mobs' health, this is going to make Fortified even more of a fucking slog. Hopefully they don't trigger Bolstering either because that would be a catastrophic shitshow in the later waves.

That said, I fully expect them to trigger both of those things on the first week those affixes come around because Blizzard doesn't think through or test anything prior to go live any more.

I suspect this one's going to be adjusted A LOT in the coming weeks, because right now it seems to further lock in a few classes as being ideal, and there's a lot of really shitty interactions here. We'll see how it goes in practice. If they're fairly burstable, it won't be that bad (except for the first week of every affix when they trigger things they shouldn't), but if they're at like 50% of the mob's health like I'm reading, that's going to be a real bad time.

Sounds like Kyn may have to become my Mythic+ main for the AOEs and stuns she has vs Pira.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
Yes I agree it as the potential to be very messy if it is not tuned correctly.
Andius (Hunter 120),Belandius (Priest 120),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 113),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 113) Kamandius (Monk 114), Ishandius (DH 120) Liandius LF Paladin (32)