Author Topic: 8.1.x stuff  (Read 2230 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 8.1.x stuff
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2019, 09:00:03 AM »
Trial of Style is back, which means free transmog for a few days.

Since I'm here, there's also a world quest today which gives 10 expulsom for 20 coarse leather, available to anyone at max level.  A great deal if you have a use for expulsom.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2019, 06:24:03 AM »
Since I'm here, there's also a world quest today which gives 10 expulsom for 20 coarse leather, available to anyone at max level.  A great deal if you have a use for expulsom.

I saw that and was wondering if they had just generally upped the "turn in X crafting materials" quest to reward 10 instead of 5.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2019, 01:39:24 PM »
I have not seen these things noted elsewhere:

- Tortollans have some new WQ, both of which have at least some bugs. In one, you walk out a pattern (I got a circle and then a square) that's shown to you. In theory it's simple but since the guide vanishes along the way it can be a little tricky to get right. The square took me many tries and I had to use a flare to mark where the far corner was supposed to be. I believe that stopping for more than a second or two will cause you to fail the try even if you walk the correct pattern, but it's damned hard to tell what the NPC thinks is good enough.

In another new WQ you get to play the armored crab trying to run over young turtles. This one is susceptible to several bugs; I found it was necessary to start the quest by approaching the NPC from the ocean side. If I approached from the land side I was always in the wrong position.

- One of this week's island treasure maps awarded a BOE weapon. It's a bow so I didn't pay a lot of attention to its level or qualities. I'll update when I turn in and get the object. I am unconvinced this is better than an heirloom, but perhaps some people don't have those.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
- Tortollans have some new WQ, both of which have at least some bugs. In one, you walk out a pattern (I got a circle and then a square) that's shown to you. In theory it's simple but since the guide vanishes along the way it can be a little tricky to get right. The square took me many tries and I had to use a flare to mark where the far corner was supposed to be. I believe that stopping for more than a second or two will cause you to fail the try even if you walk the correct pattern, but it's damned hard to tell what the NPC thinks is good enough.
I'm not sure any of that is a bug, although one can certainly make a case that it's a bad experience.  Whether or not it is, I seek these out for Tortollan emissaries because they're the fastest ones to do once you understand how they work.  The square is probably the most finnicky.

In another new WQ you get to play the armored crab trying to run over young turtles. This one is susceptible to several bugs; I found it was necessary to start the quest by approaching the NPC from the ocean side. If I approached from the land side I was always in the wrong position.
I haven't seen this bug, although sometimes when I finish I am still in combat with the turtles for a bit (and can kill them with regular abilities, although they have a decent amount of health).  I find this to be the most fun of the tortollan minigames, although like every minigame WoW has ever done, it isn't as responsive to controls as I would like.  I think it's also a bit faster than Beachhead.

One of this week's island treasure maps awarded a BOE weapon. It's a bow so I didn't pay a lot of attention to its level or qualities. I'll update when I turn in and get the object. I am unconvinced this is better than an heirloom, but perhaps some people don't have those.
I believe these equipment rewards are ilvl 310 and are intended as transmog rewards, not power rewards, although a very new max-level character might benefit from a 310 item for a bit.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2019, 01:44:51 PM »
* Artifact knowledge will begin ticking up again next week, for ten weeks.
This is week 10, so AP costs were slated to reach their lowest point this week (until PvE season 3).  However, Blizzard just announced that it will continue for another four weeks:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/extending-azerite-knowledge/138184

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2019, 02:17:12 PM »
I suspect that's because the AP required to get the ilvl boost on the 415s we've gotten from Titan Residuum is still a little nuts for most.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »
This month's Darkmoon Faire has a few new things, including three new pets purchasable with those hundreds of Darkmoon Faire tickets you have lying around.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
The Crucible of Storms mini-raid went live with this reset.  If you do a naga invasion world quest, you will get a drop that starts a quest chain involving Xal'atath (the shadow priest artifact dagger from Legion).  The quest chain terminates in a quest to do the raid, awarding some AP.  You can also get a toy out of the quest chain, or alternatively keep the Gift of N'zoth and see creepy eyes on yourself and anyone else who has the gift.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »
From a blue post:
Raid Finder (and Mythic) difficulty for Crucible of Storms will open next week, April 23. Similar to Battle of Dazar’alor, you will need an average item level of 350 to queue for it. To help ensure players get raid ready, we are increasing the maximum item level for certain World Quests rewards. This will include the following:

World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360)
Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)
Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385)
Against Overwhelming Odds (when available) will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)

Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in.
The availability of ilvl 400 Azerite armor from emissaries also significantly increases how much titan residuum you can get outside of the weekly mythic+ cache, depending on how often those rewards come up.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-item-level-increase/156007

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »
From a blue post:
Raid Finder (and Mythic) difficulty for Crucible of Storms will open next week, April 23. Similar to Battle of Dazar’alor, you will need an average item level of 350 to queue for it. To help ensure players get raid ready, we are increasing the maximum item level for certain World Quests rewards. This will include the following:

World Quest rewards will go up to ilvl 370 (from 360)
Emissary equipment will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)
Emissary Azerite Armor will go up to ilvl 400 (from 385)
Against Overwhelming Odds (when available) will go up to ilvl 395 (from 385)

Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in.
The availability of ilvl 400 Azerite armor from emissaries also significantly increases how much titan residuum you can get outside of the weekly mythic+ cache, depending on how often those rewards come up.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/upcoming-item-level-increase/156007

From what I can see you need an ilevel of 390 to get a ilevel 400 Azerite Armor from the Emissary quest today.
Andius(Ht 120), Belandius(Pr 120), Dalandius(War 113), Drandius(Sh 120), Elandius(R 120), Vandius(M 111), Deandius(DK 113), Delandius(Drd 120), Jinandius(P 114), Shandius(Wk120), Kamandius(Mk 119), Ishandius(DH 120) Liandius(LF Pr (85) Venadius (Mk 42), Klandius(Ht 20), Diandius(R 20)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2019, 07:18:47 AM »
Earthen Ring has having pretty bad lag problems in Tiragarde Sound (including Boralus) since yesterday evening, with several-second response times to commands.  If you have stuff to do in another zone, it's better once you leave Boralus.  If you have stuff to do in Boralus or Tiragarde Sound, turning on war mode (taking a brief trip to Stormwind) also seems to work around the issue.