Author Topic: 8.1.x stuff  (Read 2200 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 8.1.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2018, 02:28:46 PM »
* New basic equipment for Followers is now available from your Honorbound or 7th Legion reputation vendor.
All I saw was the Monelite Whetstone, which is +5% mission success and costs 200 war resources.
* Professions-related World Quests now have a chance to reward Expulsom.
10 expulsom for 20 sand shifter today, so it can apparently be a lot.
* World Quests and Missions now reward more gold.
This increase seems pretty modest.  The world boss quest this week rewards 350g; a rare elite world quest rewards 197g.  A mission gold quest I briefly had available was 202g for 40 war resources (with bonus).  The gold faucet isn't back on.

I got 64 residuum from a +11 mythic cache; on an alt I got just 8 residuum from a +5 cache.  Haven't found any data collection beyond that yet.

Today's Proudmoore Admiralty emissary rewards an equipment cache which scales up to 370, contains non-Azerite items (at least, I got non-Azerite items on two characters), and can warforge/titanforge.  That's new, and is an additional source of (occasional) gear beyond 340 from solo content.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 07:13:31 AM by Marco »

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
I got 60 from a +10,  8 from a +5, 6 from +4.

I also got 3 each from scrapping three 355 shoulders/chest/helm and 12 from a 370.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:04:07 PM by ghoselle »

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2018, 05:55:13 AM »
The only new thing I tried today was the new warfront and I basically hated it. It's the same as the other one but with gated progression steps and less obvious building stuff to do. It seems like just a way to drag the thing out. OTOH, I can suffer through that once per character for a piece of 385 gear.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2018, 06:32:45 AM »
Is there any advance word on the requirement for flying, presumably in 8.2?

I ask because there's not much content in 8.1 that intrigues me, especially given the review Snique just gave. The only reason I'd pursue the new 8.1 stuff is if the requirements for flying included gear or achievements that could only be conveniently obtained now.

Edit: It was Snique who gave the review, not Ghoselle.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:01:07 PM by Winston »
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
It seems likely that flying part 2 will require Naz'jatar stuff which isn't in the game yet.  I had a better impression of the new warfront than Snique did, although it was laggy for me last night.

Separately: Azerite Knowledge apaprently reached its maximum level until season 2 last week, so for the moment there is no benefit to preserving Sunday/Monday emissaries until Tuesday.  The current amount of knowledge makes it pretty easy to unlock traits even on 385 gear, so that seems like a reasonable choice, but I don't think it was communicated to players in advance.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 07:06:04 AM »
It appears that Darkshore is buggy AF. Last night I and others went in and not only did we get the horrendous lag (*) that I saw on release day, we got utterly broken instances. Basically the NPCs stand around, the gated story bits don't move forward, you can't interact with anything, etc. To put icing on that cake, when you quit out of the broken instance you get a half-hour deserter debuff and can't even requeue.

I went off and did the Jaina storyline thing instead which is long and grindy and I'm glad I had my kid around or I would have completely missed the meme-achievement you get at the end.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 04:56:13 PM »
There were a few announcements in today's Q+A:

* You can buy Elixir of Tongues, which lets you understand the other faction's speech.  This is intended for cross-faction RP use.  It doesn't make your speech understandable to the other faction unless they also use it.  This is in the hotfix notes so it may already be live.

* In patch 8.2 (so not PvE season 2 but season 3), AP will be used to unlock new stuff on the neck, rather than traits on Azerite pieces.  Azerite pieces will still exist, but should be fully unlocked as soon as you get them.

* Arathi warfront rewards will stay at 340/370 in season 2, while Darkshore warfront rewards will go up to 370/400.  (Having two warfronts rewarding 400 gear would cut too much into how rewarding heroic raiding is.)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 11:17:40 AM »
Darkshore has ticked over into "patrol" mode, with a world boss (Ivus) who currently rewards item level 385 loot.  Worth an extra roll, especially since you'll get 35 residuum if you get an Azerite piece and scrap it (now or in the future when you get something better).

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 08:04:53 PM »
Worth noting (as Marco and I discovered this morning) that the rares drop 340s still, presumably until Season 2 starts.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2019, 06:07:06 AM »
Not sure if anyone else posted it but Darkmoon Faire Profession Quests now provide 5 skill ups to BFA Profession Ranks.
Andius(Ht 120), Belandius(Pr 120), Dalandius(War 113), Drandius(Sh 120), Elandius(R 120), Vandius(M 111), Deandius(DK 113), Delandius(Drd 120), Jinandius(P 114), Shandius(Wk120), Kamandius(Mk 119), Ishandius(DH 120) Liandius(LF Pr (85) Venadius (Mk 42), Klandius(Ht 20), Diandius(R 20)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2019, 07:16:03 AM »
Not sure if anyone else posted it but Darkmoon Faire Profession Quests now provide 5 skill ups to BFA Profession Ranks.

Oh that's worth doing now. I'm super stuck for Engineering points, particularly with a character that doesn't run mythics and get the BOP unobtainium from those.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2019, 08:36:08 AM »
You can get those last engineering points with expulsom, which doesn't require running mythics.  Just make green bracers with tailoring or leatherworking, send them to your engineer, and scrap them.  There is also often a world quest which rewards five expulsom in exchange for a modest amount of materials.
 https://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-engineering-guide.html has a specific suggestion for what recipe to use.  That said, I haven't bothered; the only reason I have to max out engineering is to start picking up parts in Motherlode for the engineering mount, and I can do that in the indeterminate future.

I picked up five engineering points from the faire on my main, but found that the enchanting quest wasn't available, I think because I only have 1 skill point in classic enchanting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:39:31 AM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2019, 02:50:41 PM »
You can get those last engineering points with expulsom, which doesn't require running mythics.  Just make green bracers with tailoring or leatherworking, send them to your engineer, and scrap them.  There is also often a world quest which rewards five expulsom in exchange for a modest amount of materials.
 https://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-engineering-guide.html has a specific suggestion for what recipe to use.  That said, I haven't bothered; the only reason I have to max out engineering is to start picking up parts in Motherlode for the engineering mount, and I can do that in the indeterminate future.

I picked up five engineering points from the faire on my main, but found that the enchanting quest wasn't available, I think because I only have 1 skill point in classic enchanting.

Could need to have +75 in the classic skill like it was before all the changes?
Andius(Ht 120), Belandius(Pr 120), Dalandius(War 113), Drandius(Sh 120), Elandius(R 120), Vandius(M 111), Deandius(DK 113), Delandius(Drd 120), Jinandius(P 114), Shandius(Wk120), Kamandius(Mk 119), Ishandius(DH 120) Liandius(LF Pr (85) Venadius (Mk 42), Klandius(Ht 20), Diandius(R 20)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
OK so the answer is, as I'd expect, just make a lot of weapons. Do you shred them or sell them? The materials return on shreds is still pretty terrible.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2019, 12:04:01 PM »
Zandalari Racial, which is apparently currently not interrupted by damage:

Regeneratin' - 4 sec cast (Channeled), 1.5 min cooldown. Regenerate 25% of your maximum health every 1 sec.

Meanwhile Kul'Tirans get +5 to professions and can uh... hold their breath 50% longer and swim 10% faster, 1% versatility and heal 2% damage taken over 4 seconds.

That uh--- doesn't seem quite right.