Author Topic: 8.0.x stuff  (Read 2160 times)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 8.0.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »
Creatures and NPCs
  • Melee and spell damage of creatures below level 100 reduced by up to 16%.
  • Health of creatures between levels 15-100 reduced by up to 24%.
    • Developers' note: These changes are live in-game, however unit frames may not fully reflect the new health values until a subsequent companion hotfix that we plan to apply next week.

That is quite a fix  ;)
Andius (Hunter 120),Belandius (Priest 120),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 113),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 113) Kamandius (Monk 114), Ishandius (DH 120) Liandius LF Paladin (32)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:03 AM »
I'm now at the point where only minor mods are broken. Archy, pettracker and a few others.

I've found a couple things that haven't been gold-nerfed: the rogue weekly for coins of air (5000g) and the solo scenario for loot chests in the old Throne of Thunder zone. Rogue guild hall used to award keys for that and I hadn't bothered using them much. It's not huge - 350ish gold per run - but worth doing now I think. Anyone else know of good remaining gold sources?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:23 AM »
In general now is a bad time to make gold, and early BfA in a few weeks will be a great time to make gold, with the proviso that you will probably be more interested in other aspects of the game then.

There are also still occasional world quests giving a few hundred gold (typically down from like 800 gold before the patch).  Not a great return on time since the max of 150 gold per world quest from follower equipment was nerfed to 30.

I heard of a silk-farming spot in Suramar.  Like most Legion mats, silk has very little market value at the moment, but with tailoring you can shuffle it to pants and vendor it.  You can also try buying silk for cheap on the AH and doing that.  Here's a thread of people talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/92lo78/bot_farm_in_suramar/

Here's someone talking about a farm setup for old-expansion stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/926fxb/my_current_farm_pretty_chill/
I've never been into old-expansion markets, so I don't know how viable they are on our server.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
There have been a lot of recent hotfixes to elevators:

* Aug 1: [Balance] The Fury of Elune talent will now properly deal damage to targets who are on an elevator.
* Aug 1: [Demonology] The Nether Portal talent will now correctly work on elevators.
* Aug 1: [Demonology] The Bilescourge Bombers talent will now properly display all of its visual effects when on an elevator.
* Aug 2: [Frost DK] Glacial Advance will now properly work when used on an elevator.
* Aug 2: [Warrior] Ravager will now correctly deal damage to enemies who are on elevator.
* Aug 8: [DK] Gorefiend's Grasp correctly functions on transports such as elevators.
* Aug 10: [Bear] Lunar Beam will now correctly heal and deal damage while on an elevator.

I wonder if there's a BfA raid or dungeon fight which involves elevators.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2018, 07:03:17 AM »
Secret boss in Uldir: O’tis, Keeper of the Lift

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
Scariest boss ever!

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »
Scariest boss ever!

Want to bet it involves a pair of elevators.  One elevator if you stand under it crushes you, the other elevator the only way to reliably get on it is to stand under it...

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »
Happy Champions of Azeroth Day!!!!
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 11:50:42 AM »
A couple of info/UI-related questions:

- The third-tier research level is only available if you've been on an Island Expedition to five different islands. Where you can you track how many islands you've been to?

- How do you find out how much Azerite you need to get to the next level for your amulet?

The two question connect because I find that normal Island Expeditions are pretty simple, even for me. But I'd like to know when I've reached the amulet level for which a mere +150 Azerite per normal island is no longer worth the time.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2018, 12:04:01 PM »
A couple of info/UI-related questions:

- The third-tier research level is only available if you've been on an Island Expedition to five different islands. Where you can you track how many islands you've been to?

- How do you find out how much Azerite you need to get to the next level for your amulet?

The two question connect because I find that normal Island Expeditions are pretty simple, even for me. But I'd like to know when I've reached the amulet level for which a mere +150 Azerite per normal island is no longer worth the time.

I think there are achievements for the number of islands you've been too, but I'm not sure what category they're under. There's three different islands you can land on per week, which are shown at the table where you queue. So the best suggestion I can make is make sure you hit all three before the reset tomorrow morning and then hit at least two next week and you should be good.

As for the Azerite to next level issue, I had the same problem for a bit. It looks like the reputation bar replaces the Azerite tracking bar, so until I removed my rep tracking for whatever rep I had checked, I couldn't see it either. Not sure if that's the case for you or if it's some other UI/Add-on thing.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2018, 02:35:57 PM »
The achievement for tracking how many different islands you've been to is:
Achievements > Expansion Features > Island Expeditions > Archipelago Explorer

Vantarus is at Amulet Level 18, and I prefer to just do my weekly and get out. Expeditions are a reliable way to grind AP if you've exhausted all your WQs, and they give more AP/hour than dungeons, but I find the time/AP not worth it past the weekly at this level, personally. But I don't particularly enjoy expeditions, and I am not a high end raider. Azerite Knowledge goes live next weekly reset, though, so AP/time spent may be more worth it in the future.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:40:31 PM by Honorata »

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 07:49:26 AM »
Today's emissary appears to be rewarding a 340 weapon, based on reports from a friend who's actually logged in. I checked the mobile app, and I seem to be offered a 1h str weapon as a reward. This is perhaps not overly great given that prot is my 3rd spec, but maybe there's something different when I log in.

Anyways. This is either very very good or very very frustrating news for people who've been jonesing for a weapon.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 07:59:47 AM »
What's the optimal path forward for a newly minted 120? I just realized I need friendly rep with three factions, one of which I've not even touched so I have to do yet another Zone of Infinite Quests to find that rep, but after that... ?

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2018, 08:12:20 AM »
It depends on whether this is your first 120. If it is, then I would recommend..

1. Get 3 main alliance reps (Embers, Admirality, Storm Wake) to friendly to unlock WQs
2. Do all emissary quests
3. Do all Champions of Azeroth WQs (6 per day)
4. Do all remaining WQs you can stand prioritizing gear, then rep (7th legion if you want War Campaign stuff, otherwise, whatever faction you want).
5. Do the Pride of Kul Tiras quest line (requires all levelling zone completion achievements)

Once you hit a reasonable gear level (300-305, depending if you have a group you can walk into heroics with, as opposed to queuing, which needs 305), you can tail off the gear WQs a bit, and focus more on rep.

War Campaign is important only in the context of a) advancing the "order hall" abilities (which, since one rewards azerite on WQs, is.. nice) and b) unlocking the horde mythic only dungeon. If you dont care about those, then you can de-prioritize doing WQs on Zandalar, in favour of other things. Pride of Kul Tiras unlocks the alliance mythic only dungeon.

Doing the Island Expedition weekly gives a honking huge chunk of AP/7th legion rep, and represents one of the better AP/hour sources, if you want to grind that. Your tolerance may vary.

Dungeons (normal/heroic) are reasonable to queue for while you're spamming WQs. ie: Legion behaviour. BfA heroics/mythics are relatively undertuned, so (as mentioned above) you can walk in to them under geared if you have a reasonable premade group.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 08:22:11 AM »
I don't know which reps you have but:
* Order of Embers (Drustvar) - follow the Lucille Waycrest storyline once you get to her and stick with her. You won't get any rep while doing this, but once you help her find some Ancient Texts, you'll automatically be bumped to friendly. A lot of the sidequests early in the zone (up near Fallhaven) didn't give rep when I did them.
* Storm's Wake (Stormsong Valley) - has a ton of sidequests. These will give rep but aren't really needed for the main story quest. Look this rep up on Wowhead if you only want to do the bare minimum to finish the zone
* The 3-man elite quests from the workboards in each zone will give ~250 rep for that zone's reputation.

You'll also need to do the leveling 7th Legion/War Campaign stuff to unlock WQs. This just takes your boat to each of the 3 Horde zones and establishes a camp there. You'll also get a quest to talk to Flynn to unlock expeditions. The first "expedition" you do is just a solo thing to teach you how it works.

Expeditions
Assuming you win all matches, you need
7 Normals,
5 Heroics,
or 4 Mythics
to complete the weekly.

I don't know what the cap is in PvP Expeditions.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:28:46 AM by Honorata »