Author Topic: 8.0.x stuff  (Read 354 times)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 8.0.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2018, 06:57:51 AM »
Creatures and NPCs
  • Melee and spell damage of creatures below level 100 reduced by up to 16%.
  • Health of creatures between levels 15-100 reduced by up to 24%.
    • Developers' note: These changes are live in-game, however unit frames may not fully reflect the new health values until a subsequent companion hotfix that we plan to apply next week.

That is quite a fix  ;)
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:03 AM »
I'm now at the point where only minor mods are broken. Archy, pettracker and a few others.

I've found a couple things that haven't been gold-nerfed: the rogue weekly for coins of air (5000g) and the solo scenario for loot chests in the old Throne of Thunder zone. Rogue guild hall used to award keys for that and I hadn't bothered using them much. It's not huge - 350ish gold per run - but worth doing now I think. Anyone else know of good remaining gold sources?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 06:51:23 AM »
In general now is a bad time to make gold, and early BfA in a few weeks will be a great time to make gold, with the proviso that you will probably be more interested in other aspects of the game then.

There are also still occasional world quests giving a few hundred gold (typically down from like 800 gold before the patch).  Not a great return on time since the max of 150 gold per world quest from follower equipment was nerfed to 30.

I heard of a silk-farming spot in Suramar.  Like most Legion mats, silk has very little market value at the moment, but with tailoring you can shuffle it to pants and vendor it.  You can also try buying silk for cheap on the AH and doing that.  Here's a thread of people talking about it: https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/92lo78/bot_farm_in_suramar/

Here's someone talking about a farm setup for old-expansion stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/926fxb/my_current_farm_pretty_chill/
I've never been into old-expansion markets, so I don't know how viable they are on our server.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
There have been a lot of recent hotfixes to elevators:

* Aug 1: [Balance] The Fury of Elune talent will now properly deal damage to targets who are on an elevator.
* Aug 1: [Demonology] The Nether Portal talent will now correctly work on elevators.
* Aug 1: [Demonology] The Bilescourge Bombers talent will now properly display all of its visual effects when on an elevator.
* Aug 2: [Frost DK] Glacial Advance will now properly work when used on an elevator.
* Aug 2: [Warrior] Ravager will now correctly deal damage to enemies who are on elevator.
* Aug 8: [DK] Gorefiend's Grasp correctly functions on transports such as elevators.
* Aug 10: [Bear] Lunar Beam will now correctly heal and deal damage while on an elevator.

I wonder if there's a BfA raid or dungeon fight which involves elevators.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2018, 07:03:17 AM »
Secret boss in Uldir: O’tis, Keeper of the Lift

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
Scariest boss ever!

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2018, 09:36:36 AM »
Scariest boss ever!

Want to bet it involves a pair of elevators.  One elevator if you stand under it crushes you, the other elevator the only way to reliably get on it is to stand under it...