Author Topic: 8.0.x stuff  (Read 13523 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: 8.0.x stuff
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2018, 09:00:18 AM »
Today's emissary appears to be rewarding a 340 weapon, based on reports from a friend who's actually logged in. I checked the mobile app, and I seem to be offered a 1h str weapon as a reward. This is perhaps not overly great given that prot is my 3rd spec, but maybe there's something different when I log in.

IT'S A FUCKING STAFF I'M GONNA RIOT
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »
Today's emissary appears to be rewarding a 340 weapon, based on reports from a friend who's actually logged in. I checked the mobile app, and I seem to be offered a 1h str weapon as a reward. This is perhaps not overly great given that prot is my 3rd spec, but maybe there's something different when I log in.

I may have told Kristin to tell Matt, but I'm pretty sure it turns out the Warrior reward is a 1H weapon. I should probably not log on today.

It's a strength polearm for me, which isn't great for my Frost spec, but sure will be great for my tanking.

erstyx

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
- How do you find out how much Azerite you need to get to the next level for your amulet?

I don't know of a way in game, but there are addons that can show this. I use https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gallywixs-azerite-ledger.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 11:59:21 AM »
- How do you find out how much Azerite you need to get to the next level for your amulet?

I don't know of a way in game, but there are addons that can show this. I use https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/gallywixs-azerite-ledger.
Mousing over the Azerite Power bar in the rep/xp area on the regular UI shows the actual amount required.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2018, 12:49:08 PM »
Did the Azerite Power "knowledge" buff go in? I did need just under 8K for my next point (on Monday) and now I still need the same. My understanding was the effect would reduce the amount of Azerite Power needed for each point (30% each week I heard) today it is still the same as it was Monday.
Andius(Ht60), Belandius(Pr60), Dalandius(War50), Drandius(Sh60), Elandius(R60), Vandius(M51), Deandius(DK60), Delandius(Drd60), Jinandius(Pal60), Shandius(Wk60), Kamandius(Mk50), Ishandius(DH56) Liandius(LF Pal(50) Venadius (Mk50), Klandius(Ht50), Diandius(R55) Mechandius (W55)

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2018, 02:27:53 PM »

I may have told Kristin to tell Matt, but I'm pretty sure it turns out the Warrior reward is a 1H weapon. I should probably not log on today.

It's a strength polearm for me, which isn't great for my Frost spec, but sure will be great for my tanking.

UGH IT'S A DAMN WAND WHAT ABOUT OFF HANDS YOU JERKS.
Alliance: Fallowgrey L60 Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Bazwazzak, Troll Shaman / Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, Gnome Mage / Aerzulie KulT rogue

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2018, 08:06:44 AM »

UGH IT'S A DAMN WAND WHAT ABOUT OFF HANDS YOU JERKS.

Looked on my Beastmaster Hunter and the reward was a Polearm  :o :'(
Andius(Ht60), Belandius(Pr60), Dalandius(War50), Drandius(Sh60), Elandius(R60), Vandius(M51), Deandius(DK60), Delandius(Drd60), Jinandius(Pal60), Shandius(Wk60), Kamandius(Mk50), Ishandius(DH56) Liandius(LF Pal(50) Venadius (Mk50), Klandius(Ht50), Diandius(R55) Mechandius (W55)

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »
From the hotfix notes today:

Contracts now correctly have a 7-day duration.

So.. There’s that.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »
Trial of Style runs from today until September 4, so you can fix your transmog emergencies for free, just in time to replace all of your gear with Uldir stuff next week.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
You only gain skills point from Darkmoon faire quests for classic skill levels.

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2018, 05:39:13 AM »
You only gain skills point from Darkmoon faire quests for classic skill levels.

And if you used the option to get a skill just now, you won't even be offered the quests.  I believe this is because their original requirement was having at least 100 points in the skill, and since you have no points in the classic skill (yet), you don't see them.
Alliance: Fallowgrey L60 Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Bazwazzak, Troll Shaman / Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, Gnome Mage / Aerzulie KulT rogue

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2018, 07:53:00 AM »
Extra rolls are now available near the inn.  Only two a week this time around, paid with gold, war resources, or marks of honor.

Arathi Warfront opened today.  This is PvE content, not PvP.  Head towards the island table and you'll run into the pointer quest from Ralston Karn.  This is a cyclical event; we begin in the "alliance have it, horde want it" part of the cycle.  This means there are some kill quests to do for war resources, AP, and ilvl 340 gear, as well as a world boss who gives a chance at 370 gear.  I spent about 40 minutes there and walked away with four pieces of 340 gear and one piece of 370 gear from an extra roll on the world boss.

Normal and heroic Uldir also opened today, as did mythic+ dungeons.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
A bunch of Azerite trait tuning happened in today's hotfixes.  The Azerite Madness world quest should hopefully be less painful (at least, I hope the hotfix is in that direction), and the Azerite Mining world quest in Vol'dun should be less prone to running out of Sethrak.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21973195

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2018, 03:59:20 PM »
Arathi Warfront opened today.  This is PvE content, not PvP.  Head towards the island table and you'll run into the pointer quest from Ralston Karn.  This is a cyclical event; we begin in the "alliance have it, horde want it" part of the cycle.  This means there are some kill quests to do for war resources, AP, and ilvl 340 gear, as well as a world boss who gives a chance at 370 gear.  I spent about 40 minutes there and walked away with four pieces of 340 gear and one piece of 370 gear from an extra roll on the world boss.

I've searched on wowhead and I can't get a clear answer to this, so I'll just ask:

I went on the Arathi Warfront PvE, and (relatively speaking) I did well and also got a piece of 370 gear. When I go back to the questgiver's table, I see the Horde is building up resources. When they do, will they then have control of the area and be able to go on equivalent quests? And it's the Alliance who'll deposit resources to get it back?

How often will the Warfront quests reset? Weekly, or only when a different faction gains control?

Does this have anything to do with the 20-man PvE "Warcraft RTS" Warfronts that I see described on wowhead?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2018, 06:37:47 PM »
There are four phases in the cycle:

1. Horde want it.  Alliance have kill quests and a world boss, horde have contribution quests.
2. Horde are getting it.  Allliance same as in phase 1, horde can run the 20-man PvE scenario.
3. Alliance want it.  Mirrored from phase 1.
4. Alliance are getting it.  Mirrored from phase 2.

I don't think we know how long each phase lasts and how much the length of the odd phases depends on players doing the contribution quests.  (Even if it does depend on it a lot, Blizzard would certainly rescale it rather than let it drag on for too long, like they did with the Broken Shore buildings.)