Author Topic: Nostalgia  (Read 86 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Nostalgia
« on: May 04, 2018, 05:58:39 PM »
A separate thread for any nostalgic memories we have of the "good ol' days" of WoW.

What sparked this: I didn't remember what guild Ghoselle was in, so I did a web search on "Ghoselle Earthen Ring". No problem; it's the first link you find.

Then I did a web search for "Winston Earthen Ring", as one does. I found this: Friends of the Toad-Punchers World of Warcraft Character List. It's in an old file on my web site.

Oh my. I'd forgotten that most of these people ever existed. Now I'm trying to remember why there was a Whispering Bear Tribe that was separate from the Onyx Crown.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:09:40 AM »
I think WBT only had Tauren in it.
o/\o

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Nostalgia
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 05:08:51 PM »
My memory is vague, but I think the reason for the separate guild was that someone (Kathy?) felt that the role-playing in the Onyx Crown was too hard-edged ("How is your Will?" "My Will is strong!") and wanted a different environment for role-playing.

It's been a while since I've seen form or dissolve for strictly role-playing reasons.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice