Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 6787 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »
I've got one spec at 120: a Guardian Druid. So I'd playing the role of an ignorant tank, the most annoying kind.
After thinking about this I believe you'd probably still be okay.  The audience for normal Motherlode should mostly be people in your situation: people who have some reason to run that dungeon who aren't confident enough to run it on a higher difficulty, mixed with some undergeared 120s who are trying to get from ~285 to 305.  The people you're worrying about should mostly be queueing for heroic.  Importantly, Motherlode is not an alliance leveling dungeon, so you won't get 111s who outgear you in level-relative terms.  Motherlode is trash-dense, so you'd wind up pulling a bunch of unnecessary stuff, but I don't think most people in the normal-dungeon audience would care.

I think every mythic-only dungeon has historically gotten a heroic version in a later patch, but Blizzard didn't mention doing that for Siege of Boralus and King's Rest in the What's Next panel (I think), so I'm not certain it's happening this time.  You've certainly always been able to go back and solo them later.
The interweaving of those two dungeons with faction storylines is certainly galling to a couple of categories of players, but Blizzard has generally been willing to take that hit from time to time.  (Remember having to PvP to get your legendary cloak?)  Perhaps it's a failing, or perhaps it's important to try to draw players out of their rut occasionally; I don't really know.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
Go and talk with the Habormaster of Boralus. He's such an interesting fellow.

I'm assuming this was to me? I am in that space often for turn-ins of WQ and my weekly chest. There's no indication that he's talk-to-able, or that I should. Should I just click on random NPCs in order to advance the storyline? Or am I missing something else?

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #257 on: November 07, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
After you completed the Kul Tourist achievement, the Harbormaster should have offered you this quest:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=52194/what-you-may-regret

Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2018, 02:26:19 PM »
I finally got around to writing a blog post on the Witches of Drustvar. I'm not copying it here because it's too long and even more trivial than my complaints about Mythic Siege of Boralus.

I should acknowledge that, to everyone on this forum, the first several paragraphs read like "The Bobbsey Twins play World of Warcraft." Not all of the three or four people who read my blog play WoW.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
Honestly, all they had to do was change the word from Witches.  It was diverged enough from reality it'd have been fine. 

Its awkward, because it bothers me; and at the same time I think Drustvar is the zone I enjoyed the most despite that.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:52 AM »
After you completed the Kul Tourist achievement, the Harbormaster should have offered you this quest:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=52194/what-you-may-regret

I think I figured it out. I've got a dungeon to run. I just ignored that as I was moving on to M+. I figured it was just another "kill an end boss and booyah" thing, not a major plot development.