Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 4463 times)

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2018, 10:30:50 AM »
I'm in a raid group which plans to continue, and I've never not enjoyed the game

I've got a solid and fun raid team that I want to continue playing with
I have a stable raid team, and have enjoyed the game enough to keep playing it

Wait. Solid and fun? Enjoyable? Stable?

Am I being voted out of BCP?

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2018, 10:56:09 AM »
I pre-purchased the expansion. You can guess the reason. Hint: It begins with "p" and ends with "et".

In a potentially related question:

Out of curiosity, is there any word on how Allied Races will work for brand-new players? Will the new players forced to grind reputations in old Legion content before being able to play the new races in BofA and later expansions?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2018, 11:04:35 AM »
For the moment yes, but in interviews they've said they could revisit those requirements as the Legion content fades into the past.

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
So my questions for folk who've done this: do you typically buy the next expansion early? Did allied races influence you to buy early? Do you know enough now about the upcoming expansion to feel it's worth your early cash?

I had substantial thoughts about using the final defeat of the Legion, the end of that massive storyline, as my out to finally retire.  Cut to yesterday at 3:30pm getting on and getting in line to pre-pay first thing.  What happened?

One, my spouse is still at the high end of the addiction: this is only his second xpac experience coming.  The man has been talking about getting his Void Elf every morning non-stop for the months since Blizzcon.  There are songs.

Two, I am still a slave to story.  I realize this makes me a sucker, esp. with all the retcons and dropped threads, etc.  But Legion was solid in my opinion, picking up lost threads and actually delivering story conclusions, so they get another shot.  I am worried about random-generated content creeping in, what with islands, etc.  But I think they'll go somewhere with characters and plot, too.  I got a feeling I made the right decision last night when I found my belf hunter in an all-elf scenario in Quel'thalas fighting alongside Alleria, me wielding her family bow, with the nightfallen I just helped free this xpac.  That Elf-a-paloosa makes me feel there will be lore/story rewards going forward, too.  Maybe not the ones you want, in the depth you want, but the little fun surprises and cool events that quests have been providing since vanilla.

Three, yeah, like others said, having a community like this one, and raiders to raid with, stable or insane, makes a huge difference.  What I do, how I improve in the game is important to *somebody* not me, and that's a draw when I myself feel a bit tired.

Alliance: Fallowgrey, Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk / Zelbinion, Worgen Warrior
Horde: Rinkitink, Belf Hunter / Sootandash, L105 Tauren Druid
Misc: Kikiaru, L74 Gnome Mage / Erzula, L9 Human Rogue

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »

2 out of 4 ain't bad
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »

2 out of 4 ain't bad

Do I want to know which two of the four I am?

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2018, 01:21:44 PM »
Nah. It's a fun surprise.

Anyway, the four new character slots are unlocked if you have the preorder. Rejoice.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »
You need to pre-purchase the expansion to unlock allied races, so that's probably a factor.

I'm not immediately into allied races (I like the idea of void elves but I have plenty of alts already) and I usually don't pre-purchase until later on, but while there's no rush for me, there's also no reason not to.  My sub is paid up until mid-2021 with wow tokens, I'm maxed on battle.net balance from wow tokens (around $350), I'm in a raid group which plans to continue, and I've never not enjoyed the game--even during the Warlords content drought when the overall player base grumbling was pretty loud.  Blizzard would have to muck things up way more than usual to make me regret spending fake bucks on BfA.
^ This is pretty much my situation too - well, except that after 13 years as a gnome, my warlock is now a tall elf!
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Fernia

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2018, 05:09:15 AM »
Gotta say it's tempting to have a goth elf shadow priest....
Let's talk about the cost though:  $63CDN?!?

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2018, 05:29:29 AM »
Maybe you shouldn't have splurged on that fancy car.

Btw. I mailed you some spare D-cells I had around the house. HTH.

Fernia

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2018, 07:13:22 AM »
Might need them this summer:  Shawna is planning a road trip to the Maritimes.
I need to map out if there are charging stations < 200km a part all the way over...

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 09:22:38 PM »
Gotta say it's tempting to have a goth elf shadow priest....
Let's talk about the cost though:  $63CDN?!?
It is CAN$63 for the xpac, which you will need at some point, and then CAN$32 to race change. That works out to be 5 tokens if you have the gold.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2018, 12:24:16 PM »
BfA(*) testing is apparently about to begin, as there is a build available for downloads and the usual sites are datamining it.  mmo-champion is calling this an alpha, while wowhead is calling it a beta.
Testing officially began yesterday (11 days after I posted that, so not as soon as it seemed), and Blizzard is calling it an alpha.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761726635

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2018, 07:07:14 PM »
Friends and Family invites for the alpha are out. My goal is actually do some playtesting on this one, but probably mostly Hordeside.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
Great news, BCP healers! Looks like the current alpha build has moved talent tiers around such that there are more options for survivability for Windwalkers now. (I could have Healing Elixirs and Diffuse Magic... AT THE SAME TIME.) We lose Dampen Harm, tho. I'm interested to see the math on some of these -- there's a talent I like that kind of works against taking Whirling Dragon Punch, which I also like. :\

Anyway, here's a great achievement that was in the list (for Horde characters, idk if this will also be an Alliance thing but I HOPE IT IS):
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:50:39 PM by Honorata »