Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 4578 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 09:07:44 AM »
At least some specs will be having an artifact ability baked in, or moved to a talent selection.

* Elemental shaman will have a version of the current on-use Stormkeeper ability as a 100 talent.
* Retribution paladins will be getting Wake of Ashes as a talent as well.
* Fire Mages are getting Phoenix Flames as a level 60 talent
* Outlaw Rogues are getting Loaded Dice as a talent.
*  It doesn't look like Kingsbane is being made a talent at this time [although this could be a change that happens later in development], but Poison Bomb is becoming a talent.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:11:02 AM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »
From the dev interview with finalbosstv, I got the sense that follower missions might reappear in some form after all, partly because they like order resources as a world quest reward.  Or they might not.  Similarly, per-class raid buffs are an experiment right now; they might make it to release or they might not.  (These impressions were from the video, not the transcript.)

http://finalboss.tv/main/2017/11/5/blizzcon-2017-dev-interview-transcript

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 03:31:32 PM »
* These slots can still hold tier gear (the Blizzard person mentioned tier shoulders as a possible item you might have in that slot), so they're not doing anything so dramatic as doing away with tier sets or taking head/shoulders/chest away from the tier slots.
Or maybe they are.  In an interview with gameinformer, Ion said "We're currently not planning on carrying forward traditional raid class sets."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/14/world-of-warcraft-removing-traditional-raid-sets-in-battle-for-azeroth.aspx

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2017, 04:10:59 PM »
I feel like high end of Azerite armor may give the type of bonuses we normally associated with tier bonuses.

Looks like they're going to have more appearance sets that are dungeon/raid aesthetic based rather than try to make certain appearance sets match the feel of certain classes. Will have to see this in action b/c there's some worry for me it's gonna end up like TOGC where there was just one cloth look, one leather look, one mail look, one plate look. Although ,going off that, might mean they do a tier where Horde and Alliance have different looks out of the same raid.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 06:51:45 AM »
In an interview with gameinformer, Ion said "We're currently not planning on carrying forward traditional raid class sets."

I question the value of set bonuses in a world with high-end Mythic+ gear. Right now all my tier slots are occupied either by legendaries or Mythic pieces that are 925 or 930. Is it really worth losing that many ilvls to put on a 915 heroic tier set?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 07:17:22 AM »
Generally yes in today's design, at least after you take into account the likely amount of warforging/titanforging bonuses on the set pieces acquired by someone who is regularly clearing heroic Tomb.  The combined 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses usually add up to something like a +10% improvement, which is worth somewhere in the vicinity of 40 item levels on the four pieces of gear.  Set bonuses can also make a rotation feel better, which has a non-quantitative value.

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »
Yeah, unless the bonuses are bad, they're generally way better than equivalent higher ilvl pieces.  I held on to my previous tier pieces for quite awhile since that set bonus was freaking awesome.  The current set bonuses are a little less good, but still good enough to be better than the gear I get from M+ runs.

I'd really like to see how this whole azerite system looks and feels since getting the set bonuses was one of the more fun parts of getting raid loot.  I don't really care when I get 300 more mastery since I don't actually feel the change there, but obviously in the numbers it matters.  Stuff like set bonuses and trinket perks can actually impact my rotation and how it feels to play the class, and that kinda thing is more fun on a progression side. 

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 01:09:28 PM »
I feel like high end of Azerite armor may give the type of bonuses we normally associated with tier bonuses.
I've been watching some Blizzcon interviews with Jeremy Feasel and I think that's correct.  Since every helm, shoulder, and chest can have a completely new set of choices, we could find that the Azerite upgrades for T23 drops have a very different impact from the upgrades for T22 drops.  There could also be synergies between upgrades which encourage specific combinations of head/shoulder/chest items.  It won't feel quite the same, because they have to give us (I think) four choices on each item for each upgrade level, whereas set bonuses are fixed per tier per class.

Another new-to-me detail is that a higher-level head/shoulder/chest item might have a higher threshold for unlocking upgrades than a lower-level item.  So it won't be a closed system like the Netherlight Crucible where once you've hit 75 artifact traits you've unlocked all of the upgrade levels for all relics until the end of the expansion.  A danger with this system (depending on the tuning) is that you might get a really awesome helm upgrade that isn't worth equipping until you've spent a lot of time grinding out Azerite.  (Remember though that heads/shoulders/chests can't be warforged or titanforged in BFA, so there's no danger of actually liking an item less because it's titanforged beyond your immediate ability to unlock upgrades on it.)

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »
Yeah, unless the bonuses are bad, they're generally way better than equivalent higher ilvl pieces.  I held on to my previous tier pieces for quite awhile since that set bonus was freaking awesome.  The current set bonuses are a little less good, but still good enough to be better than the gear I get from M+ runs.

I'd really like to see how this whole azerite system looks and feels since getting the set bonuses was one of the more fun parts of getting raid loot.  I don't really care when I get 300 more mastery since I don't actually feel the change there, but obviously in the numbers it matters.  Stuff like set bonuses and trinket perks can actually impact my rotation and how it feels to play the class, and that kinda thing is more fun on a progression side.

Yeah--I feel like if they do indeed kill off class sets, they're going to have to do something to make individual gear pieces more exciting--procs, something. With some kind of stat/ilvl squish happening again, it's going to be real hard getting excited about +30 mastery on a new item or something. Procs would help with that, but I imagine it would be tough to create a ton of those. The stat squish before kind of made gear feel shitty, but at least we had tier set/class bonuses then. Not sure that I like everything going into some ephemeral resource that powers up a single item that can do some stuff, and everything else is just a few stat points here and there.

We have some of that with artifacts now, sure, but--again--tier sets still add some variety.

Hopeful some kind of gameplay or engineering changes are mindblowing once they get to that point, because most everything that's dripped out so far has been super disappointing and makes it pretty likely I'll end up taking this expansion off.

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »
Yeah.  I'm still gonna play and raid since I generally enjoy it and enjoy the folks I play with, but I gotta say this is probably the least excited I've been for an expansion.

Legion overall has been such a good expansion too.  I think they made mistakes with it, but I think they got way more right than they got wrong with this one and they've got the game in such a good place.  Nothing I see points to them ruining anything, but nothing they're adding has me really excited or intrigued.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
Important Void Elf update for Jeni: at least some of the hair options are glowing void tentacles
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/936667544269733888

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »
Important Void Elf update for Jeni: at least some of the hair options are glowing void tentacles
https://twitter.com/Wowhead/status/936667544269733888
Cool!
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 01:17:01 PM »
Wowhead's PTR dressing room now lets you look through customization options for: Void Elf, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborne. Looks like the male void elves get glowing tentacle hair options too and omg I want one.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:20:31 PM by Honorata »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2017, 02:01:58 PM »
So when do people think it is going to come out?
Andius (Hunter 11),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 112)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2017, 07:07:46 AM »
All we have to go on so far is a Blizzcon announcement and a target calendar year (2018).  And of course it's very unlikely to be in Q1 of 2018 because there's been no alpha or beta release and Antorus is still pretty new.

Historically there has been at least a year between the announcement and the release for every expansion except Mists (which was 11 months).  But that's not necessarily reliable as most release announcements have been at Blizzcon, which is at a fixed point in the calendar year.  I recall interviews saying that Blizzard anticipated a Warlords release much earlier in 2014 than the actual November release, but experienced a roughly six-month delay to redo some of their leveling zones.  They also have a larger team, have had a pretty aggressive content release schedule for Legion, and have talked about wanting to shorten the end-of-expansion content gap.  If they had anticipated a late 2018 release for BfA from the get-go, they might have spaced out the Legion raids by another month each.

So, I will be surprised if the release date is earlier than early June, just because the alpha/beta cycle usually takes that long.  I will be disappointed but not terribly surprised if it's later than late August.  If it's later than early October, then I will think that something went awry in their production schedule, but that's not without precedent.