Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 6946 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2018, 02:20:57 PM »
I think we also need to consider that if you actually end up engaging in PvP when questing, it increases your total questing time. In which case, the bonus XP is outweighed by the overall inefficiency of having to keep getting distracted from your questing by PvP. (That is: assuming the Blizzard fixes some of the weird PvP scaling issues with fresh 120s, War Mode will stop being The Most Efficient Way To Level sometime in the first week of the expansion.)

All that said: I may have understated just how much leveling content I did not do on my way to 120. I did no leveling dungeons. I skipped all but one group quest. I have at least two untouched sidequest hubs in both Zuldazar and Vol'dun, and dinged 120 right after having met Bwonsamdi in Nazmir questing. I got stuck in my War Campaign and was only able to open two of the three Horde ports in Kul Tiras. Due to Pathfinder, AP quests, rep, etc. people who do more than instanced PvP will probably want to complete all three of their faction's zones + the War Campaign, and potentially the post-main-storyline-completion dungeon quest at the end of every zone (gives 1k AP on beta right now, which is p sizeable). I suspect even without War Mode enabled, that will easily get folks to 120, considering how much of an extra berth I had with War Mode.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:05:43 AM by Honorata »
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2018, 06:29:02 AM »
Completing a mythic +15 dungeon unlocks a tint for the Balance of Power artifact appearance.  Previously it had been planned that this appearance would be time-limited; today it was announced that it will not be, although you will have to do a BfA mythic +15 (i.e. still moderately difficult content, not trivial old stuff) to get it.  The mage tower base artifact appearances remain time-limited.

http://us.battle.net/forums/wow/topic/20764356714#1

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2018, 07:20:09 PM »
hey, Marco, remember how we were discussing what actually got +10%-ed by Warmode? The answer seems to be Azerite, War Resources and Gold. Reputation from WQs is the same regardless of your War Mode situation on beta.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2018, 06:29:29 AM »
I can see the reasoning there.  You can always get those three things by playing the game more, whereas sources of reputation can dry up.  So, for instance, if you're a crafter who wants to get the rank 3 Deep Sea Bag recipe as soon as possible to get a jump on that market, you'll want to get revered with Voldunai as soon as you can, and war mode might feel overly mandatory in that situation if it granted bonus rep rewards.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2018, 01:23:21 PM »
In their announcement that 32-bit client support would be ending (I believe we knew that was coming), Blizzard recommended updating to the 64-bit client "before July 1, 2018".  That basically rules out the pre-patch landing before July 1 and suggests that it might come as early as July 3, which would yield six weeks of prepatch.  Of course, that date is only four weeks away and it's not on the PTR yet.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=284765/support-ending-for-world-of-warcraft-32-bit-client-this-summer

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2018, 12:41:50 PM »
Is there a definitive list somewhere of "this is going away with BfA so if you care about it, finish it now"?

Like, warlock green fire went away at some point and you couldn't do that anymore. I've seen things about various currencies being deprecated and maybe some appearances for weapons we won't be using anyway, but nothing I could find was a definitive list.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
https://www.wowhead.com/what-to-do-before-battle-for-azeroth

Green fire hasn't gone away as far as I know; there are wowhead comments saying people did it at least as recently as 7.2.5.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2018, 03:12:03 PM »
Like, warlock green fire went away at some point and you couldn't do that anymore.
Green fire is still obtainable - just the title that came with it is no longer obtainable.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »
Blizzard has released three comics telling stories related to BfA, all on the topic of troubled families.  The first two are pretty short, and tell us a bit about what Jaina and Magni have been up to.  The third one is longer and depicts a meeting of the three Windrunner sisters.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21791564
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21797339
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21833317

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2018, 11:33:15 AM »
I really like the third one. I hope more of BfA focuses on those stories. The first two were more "meh". I am completely annoyed by Magni Earthspeaker.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2018, 09:25:44 AM »
BfA will launch at 6pm Eastern on August 13, six hours in advance of the official launch day in that time zone, so that there can be a simultaneous launch in all regions.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21849061/battle-for-azeroth-one-launch-to-rule-them-all

(The map graphic says at the bottom that August 13 is a Tuesday, but it is actually a Monday, as noted by many people.)

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2018, 09:51:29 AM »
a simultaneous launch in all regions.

There's absolutely no way this goes poorly.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2018, 10:46:53 AM »
That's been a common reaction, but it's not like the different regions share servers, so I don't get it.

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »
That's been a common reaction, but it's not like the different regions share servers, so I don't get it.

I suspect a lot of the reaction comes from people that don't necessarily understand that, sure.

I'm thinking more about the tidal crush of people that are going to be hitting the servers at 3-6PM as opposed to the normal sort of "soft" launch that comes with unlocking at midnight. I'm sure there's also some potential support nightmares from all the regions launching simultaneously rather than in phased approaches--so something that might have been discovered in Region 1 and subsequently had a fix worked on before it hits much later regions or whatever, but, yeah, a 6PM crowd trying to bulldoze into expansion is gonna be a bad time, i think.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
Character copies are available on the latest beta build if that's a thing that interests you. I'll report back later with ilevel info etc.