Author Topic: Battle for Azeroth  (Read 623 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Battle for Azeroth
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:09:42 AM »
This is the name of the next expansion.  Uncharted Islands, Warfronts, and Allied Races seem to be the big new features; more details should be forthcoming in the panel starting soon.

Cinematic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:15:48 AM by Marco »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: Battle for Azeroth
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
The initial announcement video made it seem like Alliance and Horde will have disparate questing zones in Kul Tiras and Zandalar. Don't have virtual ticket, so can't watch the full "What's Next" panel about this but that would be very interesting if true. (+ Probably some neutral "uncharted islands" for the rest of questing? Or Zandalar and Kul Tiras are both Really Big.) edit: This appears to be true. Leveling questing is Horde in Zandalar, Alliance in Kul Tiras, and then you can go to the other faction's areas at max level.

Not a huge fan of the faction war plot, but this will likely play out similar to Pandaria in that it starts off faction war, but then the Sha Void Lords.

Looks like there will be some shake-ups in the old world from this expansion. (Factions each losing a capital city? Hard to tell from Twitter.)

Allied Races are New Races. You interact with that faction on your main and are able to unlock the ability to make a character of that race. Allied Race characters start at level 20. Looks like Alliance get Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, and Lightforged Draenei. Horde get Zandalari Trolls, Highmountain Tauren, and Nightborne Elves. (Sorry, Tweed. If you're coming back you gotta play Horde.) New Races have new racials, so like... That could make the min/maxing situation an adventure.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:05:49 PM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »
Adding level scaling to the old world. Zones will have level ranges with caps. (Example, Northrend and Outland will both scale from 60-80). This is actually coming in 7.3.5?

We're losing our artifacts at the end of this expansion (as we knew), but it looks like there will be a similar system in a new amulet we'll get that will be used to upgrade certain armor slots? Idk, I'll have to see more on how this plays out. Could be shit, could be fine.

This wasn't discussed, but looks at character panes seem to imply we're getting another ilvl/stat squish? (example: https://twitter.com/sojogoes/status/926542165395701760 )

Uncharted Islands appears to be the return of 3-man scenarios.

New battleground will also be playable in 7.3.5.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:38:31 PM by Honorata »

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
That trailer was super generic fantasy. It didn't make me care about the faction war at all, and both sides looked like dicks. God the faction war is so boring!
o/\o

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »
Horde get ... Nightborne Elves. (Sorry, Tweed. If you're coming back you gotta play Horde.)

This is actual horse shit and almost seems like it was designed for the sole purpose of keeping me away from the game with the next expansion.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »
That trailer was super generic fantasy. It didn't make me care about the faction war at all, and both sides looked like dicks. God the faction war is so boring!

The faction war is my least favorite WoW thing.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »
No more PvP/PvE server distinction. Looks like if you choose to flag in the open world, you get sent to a version of the map with other flagged people? Some quests PvP only. Some additional bonuses for doing WQs PvP-enabled to make up for the extra time you'll spend doing them.

10 dungeons at BfA launch. M+ continuing, with some updates. (To UI and probably to modifiers) 2 of these dungeons are already in a playable state at Blizzcon.

In addition to new arena (which will be playable in 7.3.5), next expac also will have two new arena maps.

First raid looks like a mash-up of Titan/Trolls/Old God shit. We will fight Queen Azshara in a raid later in the expansion.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:32:45 PM by Honorata »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 12:49:53 PM »
People getting a chance to play BfA stuff at Blizzcon are saying ilvl/stat squish seems to be real. Also, some buffs are back.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 12:57:27 PM »
Uncharted Islands seems to be the new scenarios (3-player role-agnostic).  They can be played either PvE or PvP, although I'm not sure if the PvP mode is a fight or a race.

Warfronts are 20-player PvE activities designed to feel a bit like playing an RTS game, so you're fighting an NPC army, building structures, and researching upgrades.  Could be potentially interesting.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 01:27:10 PM »
Race/class combos available for Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei & Void Elves here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-races

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »

The faction war is my least favorite WoW thing.

Mine too.  Its sort of the thing I just wish they'd drop but never will.  I'd long thought night elves, trolls, tauren should go off and form their own faction...

Piralyn

• Boomcop Posse Friend
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
All the stuff I've heard/read about the announcement so far fills me with nothing other than "meh."

Guess it's been an expansion or two since there's been TROLLAPALOOZA or VOID EVERYWHERE.

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »
Yeah.  The story I've not really cared about for awhile, and like everyone else I agree the faction war is the most awfully stitched together thing ever and if it's the focal point I will care even less than normal about the story.

I care far more about what exactly I will be doing, and what mechanical changes there will be to the things I like...which there hasn't been much info on.  I saw something that you give up your artifact, and the trait tree is somehow transposed into an amulet or some shit? 

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 05:52:24 PM »
Did they announce a schedule? Beyond the usual "when it's ready" stuff...

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 07:46:51 PM »