Author Topic: 7.3.x stuff  (Read 5418 times)

Grace

• Adjective Noun Member
Re: 7.3.x stuff
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »
Add me if you create a group: ecargo#1226.
/highfive

"My hard exterior masks a soft, nougat-y center."
- Tinkerballa, The Guild

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
Blizzard has released the 7.3.2 patch notes and put 7.3.2 on the background downloader.  They didn't announce a release date, but this coming Tuesday seems likely.  If it does release then, it will have been eight weeks since 7.3 released on August 29, which is sooner than the eleven weeks we've seen between patches before.  It's a really minor patch with no new content (or at least, no announced new content), but it contains tuning changes required for the Antorus raid, so it may mean they want to open Antorus before November 21 (which would be one week after eleven weeks after 7.3).

This patch adds the primal sargerite trader on the Vindicaar, so you'll have something to do with it if you weren't upgrading Obliterum.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21121541

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2017, 05:16:57 PM »
Dumb question of the day:

I've just started on the Argus quests. (I don't much like what I've seen so far, but this isn't the "complain about Argus" topic.) I'm just beginning to see world quests appear. So far, none that I've seen give order hall resources as rewards. Will I eventually see them as rewards, or does the game want you go back to world quests in the existing zones to get them?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2017, 06:42:37 PM »
I often see Argus world quests giving order resources, sometimes in large amounts.  There's one up in Antoran Wastes right now which rewards 1235 order resouces for killing a rare elite, for instance.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:46:12 PM by Marco »

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2017, 06:00:04 AM »
I've been tracking this and my data show that of the three zones there are almost always at least two WQ that award order-hall resources. Never less than 1000 and sometimes a bit more than 1200. My sample size is quite small, so don't take this as hugely validated. In several cycles I've seen both resource quests in one sub-zone so if you haven't unlocked WQ in all the zones it's quite possible you won't see any that award these resources.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2017, 07:11:22 AM »
The WoW maintenance window for today was from 10am-6pm eastern, but servers came up around 11am.  I think that's a Blizzard record for overplanning their maintenance window.

7.3.2 does appear to be live.  They fixed the mail bug!  (The one where you'd get a confirmation dialog with a 3-second delay when sending to your own alts unless you went to extra effort to include the server name.)  I didn't find a quest to start upgrading legendaries from 970 to 1000, so I think that will start either when Antorus opens or shortly before.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
I've been tracking this and my data show that of the three zones there are almost always at least two WQ that award order-hall resources. Never less than 1000 and sometimes a bit more than 1200. My sample size is quite small, so don't take this as hugely validated. In several cycles I've seen both resource quests in one sub-zone so if you haven't unlocked WQ in all the zones it's quite possible you won't see any that award these resources.

I think my issue is that I haven't unlocked all the Argus world quests in all the zones yet. So... more grinding and I'll probably see them.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
Today's patch should have given both Vengeance demon hunters and Protection paladins a noticable stamina buff.
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:02 PM »
They fixed the mail bug!  (The one where you'd get a confirmation dialog with a 3-second delay when sending to your own alts unless you went to extra effort to include the server name.)
As an odd quirk, if you do include "-Earthen Ring" on the name as I had been doing, the delay + confirmation dialog does still occur! You now have to drop the server name to avoid the extra dialog. Note: that does not apply if the alt is indeed on another server.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
People are saying that dying/spawning in the wrong place when you zone from Avatar to KJ is because of DBM trying to skip the cutscene, and that skip is interfering with the spawn mechanics.
WoW: Vantarus | Theene | Keana | Coriandra | Honorata
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »
Players recently discovered how to get the Lucid Nightmare mount, which is a pretty dark unicorn with purple highlights.
Blizzard made a post about this.  Most interesting to me was the mechanism of the maze:

* It's randomized by player ID and day of the week, so as long as you do it all within one day it doesn't change.
* It's in an 8x8 grid.
* Squares with four exits instead become a pair of two-exit square occupying the same grid space
* The edges wrap around, but with an offset (bidirectionally consistent so that backtracking across the edge works).
* One of the squares is a teleportation trap, with no indication that you've been randomly teleported.

This was very different from the mental model I came up with, which was that the game generated a random non-euclidian graph as I moved around, with a limited memory to explain why backtracking long distances didn't always work for me.  The real reason backtracking long distances didn't work was of course the teleport trap.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21115833/riddle-me-this-decrypting-the-lucid-nightmare

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2017, 08:20:57 PM »
I was in that maze for a very long time because of the teleporting turning my mapping into a crazy overlapping path but I eventually  figured out a good method of clearing a rune and resetting my map and it was less of a headache. But I did think I was just going to have to have my mail forwarded to the endless halls for a while there.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2017, 07:56:59 AM »
So if I understand the page correctly, I have to go to all these places, do all these puzzles and then get a mount? Wow. I'm impressed that someone did it, surprised that Blizzard posted a complete solution and holy cow do some people have a LOT of free time. I don't think I have enough time to follow the full guide.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
It definitely takes a while even with a guide but it was a fun little journey. But mostly I'm just amazed that this was solved in the first place. Reading about the solution process is enjoyable on its own.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »
The world boss this week is Na'zak the Fiend, who drops the 3-star Potion of Prolonged Power recipe.  It's been a very long time since the last time he was up.