Author Topic: 7.3.x stuff  (Read 1759 times)

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 7.3.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2017, 10:23:53 AM »
The only major addon issue I have found so far is that the PlaySound command no longer works which affects several addons. If you are ok with modifying the LUA code, simply search for "PlaySound" in .lua files and comment out the line by putting "--" (without the quotes) at the start of the line.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »
The only one of my addons (not counting skada since I haven't gotten into serious combat yet to see if it's messing up framerate or something) that seems to be actually broken with the patch is Bagnon.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
Our Mac folks might have noticed this graphical issue (not the magical disappearing spell effects Andraax was dealing with): Render scale is broken in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. Here's the thread about it on Mac Tech Support Forums
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20758896817?page=1

If you play in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode on a Mac and everything is 1. really big or 2. really fuzzy, this is why.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2017, 09:45:31 PM »
The only one of my addons (not counting skada since I haven't gotten into serious combat yet to see if it's messing up framerate or something) that seems to be actually broken with the patch is Bagnon.

My auction house mod and my pet collecting mod are both broken.  Its something to do with tabs -- like it acts like its not seeing mouse input.

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2017, 12:17:09 AM »
Bizarre change (or perhaps bug with just the new ones): Previously you could press your keybinding to take a screenshot in cinematics and it would save a picture to your screenshots folder the same as in-game screenshots. This does not work for the Argus cinematics for some reason.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2017, 03:59:04 AM »
The Mac version of the Curse client has stopped functioning with this release. Support was dropped in 2013, but it continued to work until now.

My mod manager has stopped working, and WoW in windowed mode on the Mac is not working properly. The handwriting is on the wall...

Edit: Switched to WoWMatrix to update my addons, but now the PlaySound issue that Jenilea mentioned is preventing me from looking at my bags, since I use Bagnon.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:23:46 AM by Winston »
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2017, 04:47:55 AM »
FWIW...

1. I play on a Mac, and outside of the spinny, sparkly things you need to avoid on Hyrja looking wispier than normal, I haven't been experiencing any graphical issues, neither Andraax's nor the one documented in the fora; I play windowed (fullscreen), and apparently at graphics setting 3 (??!). 2013 27" iMac fwiw. I'm an old man who shakes fists at clouds, so I don't actually use any add-on managers, so no reports there.

2. I haven't seen this talked about in other places, but it _seems_ as if Blizz changed their mind about the new Argus mana pot. I don't see it for sale w/the vendor in the Krokuun hovel (who has the argus health pot + xmute primal sargerite recipe), nor does it show up on my list of unlearned recipes.

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2017, 07:35:39 AM »
The Mac version of the Curse client has stopped functioning with this release. Support was dropped in 2013, but it continued to work until now.

Curse client transitioned to the Twitch client, and the WoW add-on handling of Twitch was working fine on my Mac as of yesterday.
Alliance: Fallowgrey, Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk
Horde: Rinkitink, Belf Hunter
Misc:  Kikiaru, L51 Gnome Mage / Erzula, L9 Human Rogue / Zelbinion, L68 Worgen Warrior /  Sootandash, L100  Tauren Druid

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2017, 08:39:35 AM »
2. I haven't seen this talked about in other places, but it _seems_ as if Blizz changed their mind about the new Argus mana pot. I don't see it for sale w/the vendor in the Krokuun hovel (who has the argus health pot + xmute primal sargerite recipe), nor does it show up on my list of unlearned recipes.

Considering that mana doesn't scale up with gear like health does, I'm okay with them stepping back from the new mana pot. (I've also been assuming this is why the mana pot recipe seems to not exist. The other option is that it won't go live until Antorus does?)

I'm also trying to figure out the situation with health pots:
* The new health pot gives about twice as much HP as the old potion -- around 1 million HP
* However, healthstones now have a tooltip that claims they give 25% of the user's HP, rather than a flat amount
* Which, if true, means there's a HP breakpoint at a little over 4 million HP where healthstones overtake the new health pots in terms of total HP returned?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:44:10 AM by Honorata »

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »
Interesting. IIRC, I'm sitting at ~4.4m HP @ ilvl 925 equipped.

If true, srs bsns raiders (and all tanks) should prefer lock candy to the new health pots.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2017, 09:50:41 AM »
Interesting. IIRC, I'm sitting at ~4.4m HP @ ilvl 925 equipped.

If true, srs bsns raiders (and all tanks) should prefer lock candy to the new health pots.
Oh my! Finally a reason to eat my own candy!  :D
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2017, 01:49:38 PM »
A couple potential fixes I've seen floating around for Andraax's missing ground effects. (Mac users who have projected textures on but are still unable to see ground effects since 7.3):

* Some users have reported switching WoW from using DX9 to DX11 fixed this issue.

* Others have reported updating to MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 fixed their problems. (They were able to see ground effects on graphics settings 4+ with projected textures enabled.)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
There's a weird disconnect between the messaging and the reality for how much of 7.3 unlocks account-wide.  In at least one interview, Ion said that basically everything was account-wide except for a few group quests.  This message was repeated in Twitter:

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/902992498645016576

and since then, radio silence.  The reality is that only teleport pads seem to be account-wide so far.  You have to do the first few quests to get to Argus at all, no world quests unlock until you do almost the entire chain of week one quests on each character, the matrix powers (Light's Judgment) don't unlock account-wide, the  new order hall missions and troop type don't unlock account-wide, and the blocked tunnel in Krokuun remains blocked until you do the relevant quest.  Hopefully the netherlight crucible will be account-wide, but we obviously can't check for that yet.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:01:16 PM by Marco »

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 06:15:19 AM »
The mail confirmation popup appears to be a bug. It appears to only happen on realms that have a space in their names like "Earthen Ring". I do not get the popup at all when sending mail between toons on Farstriders or from Earthen Ring to Farstriders.

The only workaround I have seen so far in the forums is to include the full realm name in the address - not really any better.

If anyone comes across a better workaround or addon to fix it, please post!

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
Players recently discovered how to get the Lucid Nightmare mount, which is a pretty dark unicorn with purple highlights.  This one requires playing through some minigames, and getting ahold of a Shadoweave Mask (farm up the pattern from dark iron steamsmiths in the searing gorge, or buy it, or just make it if you have a tailor who has the pattern from before it was removed).

https://www.wowhead.com/item=151623/lucid-nightmare#comments:id=2515864
https://www.wowhead.com/news=271115/lucid-nightmare-mount-discovered-by-secret-finding-discord
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:43:20 PM by Marco »