Author Topic: 7.3.x stuff  (Read 980 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
7.3.x stuff
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Blizzard has started the 7.3.x PTR and released a post about it.  My short summary:

* Argus will be a no-fly zone, but will have a bunch of teleport points.
* There will be a multi-chapter storyline like in 7.1.5 and 7.2.  (Hopefully more like 7.1.5.)
* There will be epic gems (same as in Draenor, and presumably for the same reasons), among other profession updates.
* There will be a new dungeon called Seat of the Triumvirate.
* The new raid is called Antorus, the Burning Throne, and will have a delayed release.  Data mining suggests that it contains 11 bosses.
* "Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds".  I don't know what this is, but I bet people are going to draw parallels to Greater Rifts in Diablo (which I don't know very much about since I haven't bought Reaper of Souls).

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20757296503
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 09:47:33 PM by Marco »

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Re: 7.3.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 02:23:05 AM »
* "Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds".  I don't know what this is, but I bet people are going to draw parallels to Greater Rifts in Diablo (which I don't know very much about since I haven't bought Reaper of Souls).

Greater Rifts, or grifts, are short scenarios which use mix-and-match to try to make content not-stale again: take a random map and add random bad guys.  E.g., getting a random dungeon of Deadmines, but all the bad guys are from Scholomance.  Nobody drops loot, so it's just a kill fest: you're racing against a timer to kill the grift boss, so picking up loot would only slow you down.  (So very much like a Mythic+ dungeon, if I'm remembering correctly how Mythic+ works.)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:42:25 AM »

Greater Rifts, or grifts, are short scenarios which use mix-and-match to try to make content not-stale again: take a random map and add random bad guys.  E.g., getting a random dungeon of Deadmines, but all the bad guys are from Scholomance.  Nobody drops loot, so it's just a kill fest: you're racing against a timer to kill the grift boss, so picking up loot would only slow you down.  (So very much like a Mythic+ dungeon, if I'm remembering correctly how Mythic+ works.)

Indeed very much like how mythic + even with addition of loot at the end when you beat the timer.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »
Looks like the following casters are getting new casting animations and/or spell effects in 7.3:
Priests (all specs)
Shaman (ele & resto)
Mage (all specs)
Druid (restoration - looked like this was mostly a sound effects change)

New idle animations while in combat, new casting animations for all but druid.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »
wowhead made note of an interesting tank trinket in the 7.3 data which has two forms and plays into tank-swap mechanics:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=151974/essence-of-shatug-ph&bonus=3610:1472
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=152645/essence-of-fharg-ph&bonus=3610:1472

One form is more tanky (lots of stamina, armor, and a little bit of agi/str), while the other form is more DPS-oriented (lots of agi/str, less stamina, and versatility).  The on-use effect swaps between the two, and you get 20% extra on the armor or versatility bonus if the other tank is using the other trinket.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »
Huh, that's a really interesting trinket for a terribly uninteresting (but necessary) mechanic. It looks like it has a 30s CD on the swap, which would work for most tank-swaps.
o/\o

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
Honestly, for Ghos, I think I'd just want to keep it on agi/versa unless there was some effect that really needed massive stamina.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
If I'm reading it right, this drops from Timewalking dungeons, so I see this as a way for undergeared tanks to swap in for a raid.  So Reonna leaves hers on the Tank setting and Ghos leaves hers on the DPS setting, and nevermind the swapping (unless Reonna needs to do more damage because she needs to do more threat).

I guess in this way, main tanks may still find it useful for "enh, I'll just single-tank this, you DPS", but I'm guessing they already have raid-dropped trinkets that are better than these.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »
If I'm reading it right, this drops from Timewalking dungeons,

... hate to disagree with yer detecting work there, Thana, but...

Its listed as ilvl 930, which is the ilvl for ToS Mythic, but the tooltip doesn't say Mythic (a point reinforced by the "Item Versions" dropdown). Ergo, 930 represents the "normal" ilvl, which is > ilvl for ToS Normal (900). Which makes this most likely an Argus raid drop (see also name of the icon).

Timewalking gear is almost always < raid gear. If you're thinking about the "Timewalking" labels underneath the tooltip, those are just wowheads way of showing you how the stats would change if used in a TW environment.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 09:21:02 AM »
Timewalking gear is almost always < raid gear. If you're thinking about the "Timewalking" labels underneath the tooltip, those are just wowheads way of showing you how the stats would change if used in a TW environment.

That.  I've never kept track of ilvl minutiae.

ToS = Tomb of Sargeras?  Does that mean Argus is the next raid tier?  (I have no idea what Argus is.  :)  )

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
ToS = Tomb of Sargeras = Tier 20 = Current raid tier
Argus = Legion planet (insert howls from lore people here) = Tier 21 = 7.3 = Next raid tier

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »
The artifact weapon progression mechanics of 7.3 are taking shape, although some of the details don't appear finalized on the PTR.

* Artifact knowledge will become a game-wide global (not something you earn), starting at 40 and going up by one each week until it hits 50.

* After completing two of the three Argus zones, you'll unlock the Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to enhance relic slots via three small talent trees.  None of the enhancements appear to be really tied to the relics except visually in the UI, so at the moment it seems like you're really just adding player power.

* Rows on the talent trees unlock at a certain number of artifact traits.  So as you gain ranks of Concordance, in addition to getting a slightly better buff from your proc, you'll be able to put points into these trees.

* Each tree is a three-row triangle, with a "light path" in one direction and a "shadow path" in the other,.  The center talent in the third row appears to be reachable through either path.

To answer Winston's inevitable question, I have heard nothing about pet rewards for completing all of the crucible talents or anything like that.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=268045/netherlight-crucible-and-relic-customization-in-patch-7-3

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
Actually, I'm more interested in a different question that you've already answered: How AK progression will work in 7.3. I'd like to get my Death Knight to Concordance in all three specs as quickly as possible.

From the internal story (nothing on the PTR or anything like that), there's going to be a third pet battle dungeon in 7.3. Now <em>that</em> I'm interested in.

(What I don't want to hear is that I'd have to level yet more classes to get some pets. Warriors, Mages, Paladins, Priests, and Hunters don't need their own non-combat pets. This is an Established Truth and a True Fact.)
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
I hope the /RNG with the Netherlight Crucible is not going live. It looks a awful idea that is a /RNG step too far.

From Wowhead
Netherlight Crucible Tiers
To get started, click on one of the relics to "Attune" it. This will open up a three-tier trait tree. Based on PTR testing, the traits within each tier are chosen via RNG, not via spec, relic slot, or relic effect. We tested this by repeatedly socketing the same crafted relic and seeing different abilities appear on the PTR.

So you can get a great Relic, which Titanforged massively then when you socket it only for it to roll poor traits.
On the other hand if you get great traits on a roll you are going find it tricky to decide if you want to risk replacing it incase it then rolls poor traits.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 12:28:33 PM »
In the latest PTR build, AK now goes up to 55 and has higher multipliers.  Max AK is now about 157 times as much multiplier as we are getting now, up from 14 times.  Of course, 15 weeks after the release of 7.3 is quite a long ways away.

The Netherlight Crucible has some changes.  It seems to retain the random-per-relic-drop behavior that everyone dislikes, but at least lets you preview the tree for a relic before locking it in, which seems like a major improvement.  I think I'd still rather see the relic abilities fixed per relic item (so all Ruinous Ashes would have the same abilities, for instance).

A couple of weeks back, I looked at some previews of the Invasion Points, and they seem to be just a collection of fixed 3-person scenarios.  I was hoping for more of the properties of Diablo 3 greater rifts: randomly generated terrain and spawns (this might be a tall order for the current game engine), appropriate for solo or small groups, and with scaling difficulty and rewards.  Perhaps we might see something like that in 7.3.5, if the hints in the data mining are an indicator.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=268723/netherlight-crucible-and-artifact-knowledge-changes-in-the-latest-7-3-ptr-build