Author Topic: Legionomics: Blood of Sargeras  (Read 284 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Legionomics: Blood of Sargeras
« on: March 30, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
The Undermine Journal recently added a view for tracking the prices of things you can trade Blood of Sargeras for:

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/earthen-ring/category/blood

It multiplies out all of the prices by the quantity you'll get from trading in one blood, and it includes Potion of Prolonged Power.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Legionomics: Blood of Sargeras
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:06:21 PM »
Crafting item prices have taken a tumble, I think because flying makes it easier to gather them.  Potions of Prolonged Power were as high as 60g shortly after patch 7.2 came out, but are now back down to 35g-45g.  Foxflower and Fjarnskaggl are down near 20g, about half of the 40g they used to command.  Arkhana has risen to the top of the pile, making bloods worth a little under 300g for non-alchemists.

Big Gamy Ribs have been substantially higher-priced than most meat items for reasons unknown to me.  It's used for crit food, but that doesn't make it particularly unique.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:13:18 PM by Marco »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
I feel like Big Gamy Ribs just have a lower drop rate, or a lower incidence of being on WQ mobs.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:27:13 AM »
Big Gamy Ribs have been substantially higher-priced than most meat items for reasons unknown to me.  It's used for crit food, but that doesn't make it particularly unique.

I know they are used in the feast dish that (now) gives 400 in a stat to multiple people. In addition, while orange that recipe was giving 5 points of cooking skill per craft. Of course it went from orange +5 to yellow in one jump because Blizzard, but for those who need the skill-ups, orange +5 is hard to beat.

Prior to 7.2 the ribs were used in an easy-to-make recipe that gave a stat lots of people want so people (like me) probably used up their supply quickly, compared to other ingredients that gave less-desirable boosts.

Just me guessing from my own experiences...

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 07:22:28 AM »
7.3 adds a higher-level BoP crafting item called Primal Sargerite.  There have to be a variety of ways to obtain it since it's BoP, but the currently known one is to transmute 25 Blood of Sargeras on an alchemist, I think on a daily cooldown.  (The yield isn't known, so it might be more than one.)  Primal Sargerite is required both to create and apply Primal Obliterum, which is needed to upgrade crafted gear beyond 900 up to 935.

This is a possible reason to save up Blood of Sargeras on alchemist characters instead of converting it into potions.  It could also push up the cost of basic mats in 7.3 (by competing with the blood trader for BoS), though probably not by a lot compared to other 7.3-generated changes in supply and demand.