Author Topic: WoW® Arena World Championship 2017: Win Big!  (Read 109 times)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
WoW® Arena World Championship 2017: Win Big!
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:54 PM »
The question I have is, there is a pet in the journal (Murkimus the Gladiator) listed as from Arena Tournament. Can it be got from this years event?
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: WoW® Arena World Championship 2017: Win Big!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 06:06:17 PM »
I strongly doubt it. As I recall, Andraax, me, and one other person (Tayllore? Honorata? Someone else whose named I've forgotten?) worked together to get Murkimus from an Arena championship a few years back. The requirement for the pet was just to participate in a certain number of matches, so even though we lost most of the time (I was on the team, remember?) we knew we'd get the pet. There's nothing like that "loser's consolation prize" on the web page for this year's event:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20596005/wow-arena-world-championship-2017-win-big
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Andraax

• Adjective Noun Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
Actually, if you just looked at our overall win/loss record, we did fairly decently (slightly below .500).  We started by losing a lot, which effectively got us into the "dance team bracket".  At that point, going out and killing the other team (which was also just there to participate in the minimum number of games) was faster than having both sides dance at each other, so we racked up a bunch of wins to nearly even out our overall record.

-Andraax

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
Aha, the secret PvP ringers finally reveal themselves!  I knew it!
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)