Author Topic: 7.2.x stuff  (Read 2485 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 7.2.x stuff
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »
A possible reason for Winston to care about farming Nethershards:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=262390/kirin-tor-emissary-and-wyrmtongue-treasure-quest-line

(search for "scraps")

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2017, 03:04:50 AM »
Thanks, Marco. I had seen that. However, the cost of 2000 Nethershards per random chest is a bit high for me, since if I accumulate Nethershards I'd prefer to spend them on the 5000-Nethershard equipment; the 880 gear will help in getting through the Brawler's Guild. Scraps has already begun appearing on the AH at outrageous prices, which are certain to come down in a month or so.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2017, 04:19:45 PM »
Thanks, Marco. I had seen that. However, the cost of 2000 Nethershards per random chest is a bit high for me, since if I accumulate Nethershards I'd prefer to spend them on the 5000-Nethershard equipment; the 880 gear will help in getting through the Brawler's Guild. Scraps has already begun appearing on the AH at outrageous prices, which are certain to come down in a month or so.

One thing you may want to consider once you have unlocked the NPC you can get one key a day for 100 shards.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2017, 08:06:57 AM »
All three broken shore buildings are up (the mage tower is under attack and won't be up for much longer), which means you can't contribute war supplies right now.  I imagine there are some people unhappy about that.

The command center bonus this time around is "Worthy Champions", which allows you to claim a random piece of legendary follower equipment.  Worth a visit to the island if you run order hall missions.  The turnin is inside the command center, which is a small building near the mage tower.

The nether disruptor being up means another broken shore world boss, Apocron.  His loot table has life and iron relics, a ring, and a different armor piece for each armor type.

One thing you may want to consider once you have unlocked the NPC you can get one key a day for 100 shards.
It may be once every few days, but nothing seems to keep you from doing it on multiple alts, other than having to finish the quest chain on every alt.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:38:15 AM by Marco »

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #154 on: April 17, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »
The turnin is inside the command center, which is a small building near the mage tower.

I had a small amount of trouble finding this NPC that I think might have been due to /target not working the way it did pre-7.2.  It felt like it had a much smaller range now than before. That is, I had to be much closer to the NPC before I could /target them - I checked the name spelling several times to be sure I was getting it right then just started wandering around the mountain until the target hit. Anyone aware of a change in how /tar functions?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »
It's world quest week.  Pick up the weekly quest from the adventure journal to get extra order resources.

Apocron (the nether disruptor world boss) came back up after the weekly reset.  His world quest this time is just 1000 order resources, but it's still an extra 500 rep if you don't have flying yet.  You can also get 1500 rep by accumulating 2500 nethershards (you get to keep 2499 of them) for the campaign weekly quest.

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »
In addition to the shards quest, there appears to be a new (Alliance only?) quest this week. It starts here:

WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2017, 07:18:35 PM »
The tank artifact challenge has been nerfed to be less of a DPS check
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20653889/hotfixes-april-19

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
Things I found interesting from today's dev Q+A:

* They do not have an exact date decided for the opening of Tomb, but they estimate "mid to late June".

* If you have all of the legendaries for your loot spec, in 7.2.5 you can get legendaries from random other specs.  (I guess on live you can't get more legendaries at all in that situation.)  If you want to target a second spec you'll have to set your loot specialization to that spec.

* When they abruptly reduce or eliminate a requirement for something, like not requiring invasions for flying, it's not always a major unexpected course correction; they intentionally err on the side of setting requirements too strictly at first because it's easier to relax requirements than increase them.

* Ion was pretty apologetic about the gap between expectations and perception for "the biggest content patch ever."  Objectively they put a large amount of work into it, but the visibility of that work is finely sliced between different class and artifact upgrade quests, and also across time (not just the legionfall campaign, but also brawls, which a lot of players probably don't care about in the first place).

* There is a recent, systemic problem with lag in world zones.  This is supposedly caused by players using addons which manage to convince the system to put lots of players into a single shard, overloading the servers (probably all servers in that data center, because of the O(n^2) scaling of network traffic resulting from n players in one area).  They are trying to figure out the best fix.

* I think this was the first time they've officially said there will be another raid after Tomb.  (They've said we're going to Argus after 7.2, and it would have been really weird if that didn't involve a raid, but they wouldn't confirm that there would be one until now.)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2017, 07:41:51 PM »
I'm one of the ones experiencing the lag. I often find that repeatedly quitting and relogging will eventually give me a lag-free connection. Was there any hint in the Q&A as to which mods were causing the problem? I hope it isn't World Quest Group Finder...
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2017, 08:23:57 PM »
I hope it isn't World Quest Group Finder...

I really feel like that could absolutely be the culprit.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2017, 08:36:50 PM »
Something has indeed changed since yesterday, since WQGF no longer works. In fact, Group Finder no longer works for me at all (though I didn't try disabling WQGF). The symptom is that the Find option searches forever without finding anything.

Sigh. WQGF made the endless questing bearable. I hope the mod's authors can find a work-around.
Bill Seligman

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #162 on: Today at 04:35:05 AM »
Something has indeed changed since yesterday, since WQGF no longer works. In fact, Group Finder no longer works for me at all (though I didn't try disabling WQGF). The symptom is that the Find option searches forever without finding anything.

Sigh. WQGF made the endless questing bearable. I hope the mod's authors can find a work-around.
Does WQGF assume 5-man group sizes?  That could explain the problem with finding groups for world quest world bosses (which broke for me about the time the first new island world boss appeared).

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #163 on: Today at 05:29:59 AM »
There's a group finder eyeball that appears next to blue or purple WQs.  Always worked for me, I think.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #164 on: Today at 05:33:59 AM »
You can find  a group for any world quest just right click on the quest on the sidebar and pick find a group.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)