Author Topic: 7.2.x stuff  (Read 2550 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
7.2.x stuff
« on: January 19, 2017, 08:49:14 PM »
The 7.2 PTR is up, and wowhead and mmo-champion have notes up on the first build.  There are some interesting systems changes mentioned in the build notes, including:

* Tab targeting will be fixed forever, and everyone will be happy with it.  Really this time.  I'm absolutely not overselling this.
* There will be some reward from earning reputation with Legion factions after exalted, but they're vague about what it is.
* The obliterum forge will be free.  Newly crafted gear which currently starts at item level 815 will instead start at 835.

The wowhead build summary talks about a dungeon called Cathedral of Eternal Night, which I hadn't heard about before, unless it's the name of the pet battle dungeon (also mentioned).  But there's a dungeon journal for it wit four bosses, so I think it's a regular dungeon.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259398/patch-7-2-ptr-build-23436-updates-new-dungeon-legion-invasion-achievements
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6264-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23436
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:53:46 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: 7.2.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
The 7.2 PTR is up, and wowhead and mmo-champion have notes up on the first build.  There are some interesting systems changes mentioned in the build notes, including:

* Tab targeting will be fixed forever, and everyone will be happy with it.  Really this time.  I'm absolutely not overselling this.
* There will be some reward from earning reputation with Legion factions after exalted, but they're vague about what it is.
* The obliterum forge will be free.  Newly crafted gear which currently starts at item level 815 will instead start at 835.

The wowhead build summary talks about a dungeon called Cathedral of Eternal Night, which I hadn't heard about before, unless it's the name of the pet battle dungeon (also mentioned).  But there's a dungeon journal for it wit four bosses, so I think it's a regular dungeon.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=259398/patch-7-2-ptr-build-23436-updates-new-dungeon-legion-invasion-achievements
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6264-Patch-7-2-PTR-Build-23436

They talked about the dungeon Cathedral of Eternal Night at Blizzcon, it is not a pet battle dungeon.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:06:05 AM »
You know I have to ask: What is a "pet battle dungeon"? Are us pet collectors finally going to come into our own? Will it drop ilvl 960 gear just to spite the raiders?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
You know I have to ask: What is a "pet battle dungeon"? Are us pet collectors finally going to come into our own? Will it drop ilvl 960 gear just to spite the raiders?

Was mentioned at Blizzcon on a pet battle panel but was very light on details. Quintessence's did a blog post speculating about it
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 09:10:26 AM »
It's up for testing on the PTR, so you can either try it out there or wait for someone else to do so and write about it.  (The PTR servers were taken down yesterday evening due to instability and might not be up again yet, so that may delay either approach.)

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 09:38:56 AM »

I has a sad that this is not the actual patch notes text.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 05:08:23 AM »
Some new stuff up on Wowhead
Paragon Reputation Rewards
Players already Exalted with Broken Isles factions earn special satchels for every 20,000 reputation awarded beyond Exalted.

Looks like the paragon rep thing coming in 7.2 is an extra emissary chest every 20k rep. Huh!

The satchels are:
The Wardens (Paragon):  Warden's Supply Kit
Valarjar (Paragon):  Valarjar Strongbox
The Nightfallen (Paragon):  Nightfallen Cache
Highmountain Tribe (Paragon):  Highmountain Supplies
Dreamweavers (Paragon):  Dreamweaver Cache
Court of Farondis (Paragon):  Farondis Chest

There is a special achievement,  Paragon of the Broken Isles, for earning 10 of these reward satchels.
New Order Advancements and Champions
There are two new Ranks of Order Advancements on the 7.2 PTR. Browse a full list of advancements in our database:
Rank 7 lets you choose between a new type of troop or increasing the maximum amount of champions by 1. Cost: 20000
Rank 8 grants new Relics the ability to grant a Rank Increase to a second Artifact Trait. Cost: 30000
There are some new champions coming in Patch 7.2; some of these Champions are classified as  Guardians, granting Bodyguard or Support benefits.
Death Knight: Minerva Ravensorrow
Demon Hunter: Lady S'theno
Druid: Thisalee Crow
Hunter: Nighthuntress Syrenne
Mage: Aethas Sunreaver
Monk: Almai
Paladin: Maximillian of Northshire, Nerus Moonfang
Priest: Aelthalyste
Rogue: Tess Greymane, Lillian Voss
Shaman: Magtha Grimtotem
Warlock: Kanrethad Ebonlocke
Warrior: Darius Crowley, Eitrigg

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 07:34:37 AM »
Dang.  I hope I don't have to kill Syrenne to get her as a follower!

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 07:46:13 PM »
I just built the Obliterium Forge. It definitely wasn't worth the effort, and I'm not sure how making it free will be worth it in 7.2. You can only upgrade crafted gear, and only obliterate crafted gear. I tried it twice, getting 27 Obliterium Ash for a Dreadleather piece (high-end crafted leather) and 2 for a low-end piece. As the dwarf next to the forge says, you get better results with items that were crafted with rarer ingredients. From a sample size of two, it looks like it will take obliterating about 4 items to get 100 ash which can raise a crafted piece's ilvl by 5. In 7.2, if the highest-end crafted pieces are ilvl 835, it will take destroying 24 items to raise a crafted item to 865. (In 7.1, it takes 40 items!)

I guess this offers some path to higher ilvl gear for folks like me who don't raid, but it does not seem like a good deal.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 08:21:33 PM »
I haven't built the forge or done any calculations on the most efficient way to make obliterum; it seems to be a calculation based on reagent cost and the time it takes.  You can obliterate health potions for 1-2 ash, for instance, and they're cheap to make, but that's a lot of clicking.

According to the Undermine Journal, obliterum averages around 2500g per unit on on the AH.  So 20K gold to upgrade an item from 835 to 875 (the new cap in 7.2).  The cheapest raw materials cost might be lower because of the amount of time you'd have to put into crafting and obliterating.

I conditionally agree that crafted armor has been of questionable value in Legion, since even normal-mode raiding tends to outclass the gear you get.  I can see that they're walking a fine line; if it's too good then it becomes a mandatory gold sink or can trivialize their content.  You do get to choose (through trial and error) the stats on the gear you make, and the Darkmoon trinkets can be really good for some specs.

(The new 880 engineering goggles live in kind of a separate crafting space of their own, outside of the obliterum economy.  Only wearable by engineers, not too difficult to make by farming up the materials oneself, although the materials were worth 60K gold or so in the first couple of weeks they were available and are still worth 30K gold now.)

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 05:48:39 AM »

For leatherworking, the materials efficient means was to craft lots of the cheapest low end bracers.  It just was a lot of clicking and extra time.

It sounds like potions is the cheapest way -- I wonder if its macro'able.

(The engineering goggles I've been doing daily quests trying to get the mats for; and I've 1/6 of the required rare component.  So for me they have been slow to get the mats for.)

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 06:41:00 AM »
For Alchemy, the best bang-for-the-buck IMO was making/obliterating trinkets - I'd get somewhere between 120-150 ash per trinket. Those without a steady supply of blood of sargeras may argue differently.

erstyx

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 09:32:40 AM »
Note that there are addons that speed up the obliteration process, for example https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/easy_obliterate.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 09:14:22 AM »
A few players out there in the world have reached 54 traits in all of their artifact weapons, and have nothing to spend artifact power on.  This situation will become more common in the months between now and patch 7.2, especially for players who don't care about some of their specs.

Unfortunately, there is nothing to do with artifact power items right now except bank them for 7.2 or delete them (which is why it would be nicer if unspent artifact power were represented as a currency rather than items).  Blizzard recently clarified that banking the items will not help you, and plans to address the inconvenience of having to destroy AP items by making them vendorable:
Note that any Artifact Power tokens acquired before Patch 7.2 will not be usable on an Artifact Weapon that has had its new traits unlocked. If you’ve already reached Rank 54, feel free to use any tokens you earn between now and then on alternate specs; there is no need to stockpile those tokens for Patch 7.2. We’re also planning to apply a hotfix in the near future that will allow the current Artifact Power tokens to be sold to vendors.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614784157#8

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 08:14:46 PM »
Preliminary notes on flying in 7.2 are on wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/broken-isles-pathfinder-flying-guide. Looks like we have more grinding ahead of us. Scroll down about 1/3 of the page for the new material... or start from the beginning if you don't have Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One yet.
Bill Seligman