Author Topic: [Warrior] PvP  (Read 163 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
[Warrior] PvP
« on: January 14, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
I'm having trouble PvPing as a Horde Warrior, much more so that I had PvP as a Monk. I could use some pointers on any of the following:

- When I was PvPing as Alliance, it seemed that the Horde would win almost all the time. It got to the point where I stopped bothering with the Battlegrounds, and just did the daily Warden's Tower quests to earn honor. Now that I PvP as Horde... it seems like the Alliance is winning most of the time. I hoped that when I started PvPing as Horde, I'd see some marvelous coordination or tactics that would explain why they won all the time. Nope; the Horde players I've seen are just as uncoordinated as the Alliance ones.

Some possibilities occur to me:

-- It's just a matter of perception; you notice losses more than you notice wins.
-- The side I'm on is losing because I'm dragging down the team.
-- The side I'm on is losing because the opponents are members of PvP guilds/groups who are queuing together.

My PvP Battleground DPS is at the bottom. I assume that this is because I don't know how to play an Arms Warrior very well; when things get busy I tend to button-mash.

- So why not do as did on the Alliance side and do the Warden's Towers instead? My monk could solo the Warden's Towers, with at least three interrupts and a one-minute-long stun to heal/recover during the boss fights. My warrior gets chewed up even in modest Warden Tower fights. Whether I fight Arms or Protection, I usually run out of interrupts and health before the end of the fight. Am I missing something?

I've consulted Warrior PvP guides, but the ones I've found so far focus on Arenas, not on Battlegrounds.

Any tips, tricks, sites to visit?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: [Warrior] PvP
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:54:12 PM »
I don't know enough about Warrior to help you, but this

-- The side I'm on is losing because the opponents are members of PvP guilds/groups who are queuing together.

is probably what's happening. Solo queuing tends to get poor win/loss results compared to queuing with a party, since the party will all be on the same page about strategy, targets, etc.

Also, the only real random battleground where what one single (non flag-carrying) DPS is doing can make or break the team's success is a really close Battle for Gilneas.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 06:56:40 PM by Honorata »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: [Warrior] PvP
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:01:40 PM »
I managed to "solve" this issue by using a mod: World Quest Group Finder. Since this solution doesn't directly bear on any of the questions I asked above, I'll put the details in the Pet topic.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice