Author Topic: [Legion] Druid  (Read 940 times)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: [Legion] Druid
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 08:44:49 PM »
I took a closer look, and I see the cause of my confusion: the timers for the DOTs (Moonfire, Thrash) are in smaller boxes above screen center. The timers on the side include abilities that I don't usually use (like Skull Bash) so there's no reason for the screen to be filled with timers all the time. In other words, I wasn't paying attention.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »
FWIW, here's how my screen looks with WeakAuras, The smaller scroll bars below the WeakAura-supplied rage bar in the center come from Quartz, which I use for other characters (Winston in particular) but may not be needed anymore thanks to Ghoselle's suggestions.

Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 05:27:08 AM »
Look, if you want to be more like Ghoselle, the most important thing is that you need to pull 3 packs of trash when the healers aren't ready. The rest is just icing.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 06:43:10 AM »
You also need to save every piece of +speed gear you get, and put it in an equipment set named "run away from healers."  In public, make sure to refer to this as just the "speed" set.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 07:12:01 AM »
Look, if you want to be more like Ghoselle, the most important thing is that you need to pull 3 packs of trash when the healers aren't ready. The rest is just icing.

Just so its clear, if they actually weren't ready, I wouldn't have lived through it...  Everyone knows if the healers aren't using cooldowns on trash, you are not pulling fast enough.  Blizzard wouldn't give them cooldowns if they were not supposed to be using them on cooldown.

And speed gear is just to help you get to enough mobs to keep the healers appropriately entertained...

(More seriously, I really like speed gear for solo'ing.  I rarely intentionally use it raiding, but do occasionally pull some of it out for fights that movement matters a lot for.  A lot of the "get out of the circle"/"get to the rune" mechanics get much easier when you have a chunk of extra speed.)

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 07:30:32 AM »
FWIW, here's how my screen looks with WeakAuras, The smaller scroll bars below the WeakAura-supplied rage bar in the center come from Quartz, which I use for other characters (Winston in particular) but may not be needed anymore thanks to Ghoselle's suggestions.

Looking at your UI, I'd suggest you turn on "Target of Target" raid frames.  I'd also suggest you move the "target" and "target of target" a bit more central.  Maybe about "11pm"  and directly over the running cooldowns frame.  It'll make it easier to see when your target is casting, and make it easier to see when you need to do tank swaps.  It'll mean during fights almost everything you need to pay attention to will be in the center of your screen.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
You also need to save every piece of +speed gear you get, and put it in an equipment set named "run away from healers."  In public, make sure to refer to this as just the "speed" set.

I have it on excellent authority that this set is actually labelled "Jinsu". Not sure why tho.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 11:19:04 AM »

You can also unlock and move around the WAs in the /wa menu (or Interface->AddOns).
o/\o

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »
I do have Target of Target turned on. You don't see it with the practice dummies, because they aren't targeting me... this time.

For my other toons, I've moved the Target (& ToT) frames to be more central. I haven't done it yet for Theadora, mainly because there seems to be some countdown boxes already in that location.

I'm not concerned about groups or raids, because as much as I like playing Theadora right now, I've got too much invested in Yungi as my main. My current plan is to take her up to 105. She'll then spend the rest of the expansion planting her plot until Broot hatches. Sad, I know, but Yungi is at PvP Prestige 1 and has ilvl 850+ gear; I don't want to spend the time grinding up another toon to that point. Maybe when the next expansion comes out, with all-new pet challenges, I can make Theadora my main again.
Bill Seligman

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 05:55:02 AM »

Looking at your UI, I'd suggest you turn on "Target of Target" raid frames.  I'd also suggest you move the "target" and "target of target" a bit more central.  Maybe about "11pm"  and directly over the running cooldowns frame.  It'll make it easier to see when your target is casting, and make it easier to see when you need to do tank swaps.  It'll mean during fights almost everything you need to pay attention to will be in the center of your screen.

Since I heal 50% of the time, I feel good about saying - you really can't pull fast enough. Really. I'll blow my cooldowns all over you if you're a tank moving fast.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 07:21:05 AM »
I'll blow my cooldowns all over you if you're a tank moving fast.

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 09:27:14 AM »
This is like - a special bonus .gif.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2017, 01:16:48 PM »
7.1.5 bear notes:  It includes a bunch of bear nerfs.

Rage generation was nerfed between  15 & 20% pretty much across the board.  Probably more relevant is "Ironfur now provides an 80% increase in armor (was 100%)."  Bears had been having the problem that with 3 stacks of ironfur, we could hit the armor cap - that nerf will keep that from being possible.  Combined with the stat changes where secondary stats are getting reduced some, I expect bears will be a bit squishier than we were.  To be honest, this was probably an appropriate nerf as there were some fights where mythic-bears were solo tank'ing mythic bosses that were supposed to require 2 tanks, and the plate-tanks were whining on the forums about it.   I'm a little worried that nerf rage generation _AND_ nerfing armor per stack from ironfur was a bit to much at once, especially I think the armor nerf wasn't mentioned until today's patch notes so hasn't really been theorycrafted by the community.

This change could be a nice minor talent change:
    Replaces Incapacitating Roar with a version that now fears rather than incapacitates.
This could mean that it actually is a useful talent for bears as it means our running thrash wouldn't immediately break the effect.

Also, one of the legendaries got buffed:
   Ekowraith, the Creator of Worlds: Increases the effect of Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, Thick Hide, and Ysera's Gift by 75% (was 50%).
This causes "Feline swiftness" to give a total of +26.25% extra movement speed. 

There are some pvp buffs to bear as well, which is mostly nice for playing around in the Dalaran sewers...

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2017, 12:00:48 PM »
I've been doing some experimenting with simulationcraft on Wabe (my balance druid) to pick gear sets, both with the default Patchwerk fight style and the "HecticAddCleave" style which simulates a fight like Horridon with periodic add spawns and movement requirements.  Some notes:

* Lady and the Child (which boosts moonfire damage and causes it to hit an extra target) was broken in simulationcraft until recently.  Now that it can be modeled correctly (I hope), it's a pretty dramatic boost to damage in the Horridon-style fight, coming in at 25% more DPS over normal T19 shoulders.  For a Patchwerk-style fight it's predictably underwhelming, at a 4% boost, most of that from raw item level.

* The Emerald Dreamcatcher (which causes starsurge casts to lower the cost of starsurge for 3 seconds) simulates at a 9% boost damage over a normal T19 helm for Patchwerk, and 13% for Horridon.  That second result is confusing, and I don't really know what accounts for it.

* Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish (which does on-use AOE damage near an enemy target with a 75s cooldown) is a strong trinket at 14% vs. Patchwerk and 20% vs. Horridon over no trinket.  Other trinkets I have are in the 4-8% range.  I'm using a Star Gate in my multi-target set (8% vs. Horridon) and a gemmed Unstable Arcanocrystal in my single-target set (7% vs. either Patchwerk or Horridon).

* The T19 set bonuses are strong against Patchwerk, at around 4% each, but are weak against Horridon at only about 1% each.  I'm still using 4pc T19 in my multi-target set, but if I had really strong offset pieces I'd consider abandoning the 4pc bonus.

* I don't see the same stat weights as the 7.1.5 guides see.  Against Horridon in my multi-target set I see haste being very strong (~39) and the other stats, including int, all being about the same (~17), even though I have a lot of haste.  Against Patchwerk in my single-target set I see int at ~14, mastery at ~13, and the other stats all very close together at ~11.  To me this reinforces my belief that stat weights are very dependent on your current gear and on the parameters of the simulation tool.

On a side note, Lady and the Child also works for feral with Lunar Inspiration and for guardian.  For guardian with Galactic Guardian, moonfire after a proc will hit two targets and generate 16 rage instead of 8.  Lady and the Child does great damage on trash, but you have to be very careful when using it, as it will prefer an out-of-combat target within 20 yards with no moonfire debuff over an in-combat target which already has moonfire.