Author Topic: CLASS HALL THROWDOWN  (Read 519 times)

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
CLASS HALL THROWDOWN
« on: November 02, 2016, 02:50:28 PM »
WHO HAS THE BEST CLASS HALL.

Uh.  Not rogues.  I don't think we have anything cool.  Exits to take us different places around Dalaran?  Lots of weird vendors and access to the Black Market auction house?  An arena where two rogues are locked in a perpetual duel using all of the vanilla WoW animations?

We at least have Garona as part of our order, so we get someone cool.  Ravenholdt and Matthias are cool too, but they're involved in far less story stuff unless you've been a rogue all along.  ...and then there's Vanessa VanCleef.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: CLASS HALL THROWDOWN
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 02:54:24 PM »
Rogues can get access to the Lei Shen palace treasure room, if you're into that sort of thing.

Of the four classes I've played to 110, I like the druid order hall the best.  It's aesthetically pleasing, it gives convenient access to the northwestern broken isles (and various places in Azeroth via the dreamway), and it's pretty easy to navigate.

The DH order hall has a basement where they summon giant demons and kill them for sport, which is sort of neat.

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:24:13 PM »
Not hunters.  Unless you're really big on going to obscure parts of Suramar to pick roses.

We do have NPC's with some really strange and interesting dialog, but they don't seem to affect the plot in any way.  Also, you can recruit a sexy blood elf dude to hang out around your hall.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 04:12:37 AM »
The Monk Order Hall is just... there. No special pet quests, no convenient access to fun places in the Broken Isles. We don't even have a friggin' healing target dummy, and we're friggin' Monks!

I'll see the Warrior, Druid, Shaman, and Warlock Order Halls eventually, so I'll have a basis for comparison.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Hotspur

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 04:45:18 AM »
Warrior, because I can mount up to go from A to B inside the hall.  And you can go to and from zones, but mostly because I can be mounted.

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 04:59:18 AM »
The Monk Order Hall is just... there. No special pet quests, no convenient access to fun places in the Broken Isles. We don't even have a friggin' healing target dummy, and we're friggin' Monks!

I'll see the Warrior, Druid, Shaman, and Warlock Order Halls eventually, so I'll have a basis for comparison.
But it is convenient for monks to access their halls, so I rate it higher than the hunter lodge.  I'll keep an eye out for a healing dummy.

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 06:30:25 AM »
I've only seen druid and shaman halls, but I really like the druid hall.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 06:22:04 PM »
Paladin hall is all Cathedrally under the Lights Hope Chapel in Western Plague Lands. It is very nice if you like that style. Small. But, that makes it easy to get around. Gold... everywhere. But I mean... DH's get a freakin Battle Ship!

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 06:05:06 AM »
I really like the druid hall.

My biggest problem with the druid CH is that it requires two zone jumps, which is two (long) loading screens every time. It's not as bad as Dalalag but it is frustrating sometimes.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 06:54:57 AM »
My biggest problem with the druid CH is that it requires two zone jumps, which is two (long) loading screens every time. It's not as bad as Dalalag but it is frustrating sometimes.

I highly recommend an SSD (even one that only has WoW on it) or a hybrid drive. My blue bar loads almost instantly.
o/\o

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 07:26:03 AM »
I mean, if you're not tied to the gold, you can just flight path in from whereever on the Broken Isles.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 07:30:01 AM »

I highly recommend an SSD (even one that only has WoW on it) or a hybrid drive. My blue bar loads almost instantly.

I second this.  If you have a desktop, you can get one large enough for WoW for under $25 from amazon.

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

I second this.  If you have a desktop, you can get one large enough for WoW for under $25 from amazon.

Thirdeded. When I tanked last expansion I was sometimes pulling before other people finished loading (usually I waited for the healer....usually).
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 07:09:47 PM »
I mean I'm obviously biased but Druid class hall may be the best in terms of benefits. That said I do really love the mage class hall just because of all the books.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 08:53:31 PM »
I've just seen the Warlock Order Hall. It is:

- Ugly.
- Inconvenient to get to (compared to the Monk Order Hall).
- A twisty maze of little passages, all alike. Well, they're different, and not so little. But it's still hard to get from one part to another.
- Frustrating, in that none of the Demons obey my commands.
- What are all those other Warlocks doing there when I'm supposed to be the commander of the Demon Army of the Dreadscar?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice