Author Topic: 7.1.x stuff  (Read 2907 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 7.1.x stuff
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 08:38:46 AM »
The Kirin Tor emissary spawned again.  I'm not sure Blizzard was quite prepared for that to happen, but things are at least better than the last time.  Currently there is one "Like the Wind" and three "Barrels of Fun" quests.

"Like the Wind" now gives you slow fall, which makes the attempts easier (though slower) and less likely to kill you.  It's still finicky because it doesn't lock you into position at each objective like a real platformer would, so accumulated horizontal drift can cause you to miss an objective.

"Barrels of Fun" is new.  It's a cups-and-balls game with beer barrels.  You have to win five rounds, and each win adds a barrel.  If you lose, a barrel is removed to make the next round easier, and your win counter isn't decremented.  So you could win with three barrels, lose with four, win with three, lose with four, etc. until you win five times, and still finish.

Progress on the emissary quest was not displayed correctly for me, and when I finish all four Kirin Tor world quests I did not have credit for finishing the emissary quest until I relogged.  But after a relog I was able to turn it in.  (ETA: apparently they redid the "free emissary" workaround, because I was able to just turn in the emissary quest on Wabe without doing any world quests.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:10:26 AM by Marco »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 07:37:35 AM »
The world boss Na'zak spawned, which is unexpected on a Monday.  Alchemists can get the 3-star Potion of Prolonged Power from it.  The boss is inside the Falanaar ruins, in the southern of the two maps, in the southwest round room.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:07:31 AM by Marco »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »
Trial of Valor will see tuning adjustments on heroic and mythic starting next week to make it easier.

Nighthold will release on January 17 for normal and heroic difficulties.  This does not guarantee anything about patch 7.1.5, as Nighthold has been in the client data since launch.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752446734#1

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »
Trial of Valor will see tuning adjustments on heroic and mythic starting next week to make it easier.

Nighthold will release on January 17 for normal and heroic difficulties.  This does not guarantee anything about patch 7.1.5, as Nighthold has been in the client data since launch.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752446734#1

So heroic and mythic adjustments but nothing for normal which is odd considering so few normal kills there has been. 27880 Odyn normal, 25618 Guam normal and 19452 Helya normal kills. That is quite a few stuck on Helya.

Looking at the Heroic kills the numbers are Odyn 9635, Guam 8695, Helya 3492 kills
For mythic the numbers are  Odyn 765, Guam 509, Helya 41 kills

This says to me normal is by a long way what people are doing and the difficulty progression through the raid is badly done.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
Those numbers for heroic look similar to the wowprogress numbers, but I can't figure out how to get wowprogress to show me numbers for normal.

A 25% dropoff from Guarm to Helya on normal doesn't seem like a big problem to me.  The real issue I see is an 60% dropoff from heroic Xavius (25265) to heroic Odyn (9642).

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:39 PM »
I was looking at some stuff for Earthen Ring and there are more guilds with mythic EN kills than there are with heroic Odyn kills.  I imagine this is common across other servers.  Some of this could be a "Fuck it, mythic is easier and gives better stuff.  Seeya ToV"

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2016, 05:25:08 AM »
Those numbers for heroic look similar to the wowprogress numbers, but I can't figure out how to get wowprogress to show me numbers for normal.

A 25% dropoff from Guarm to Helya on normal doesn't seem like a big problem to me.  The real issue I see is an 60% dropoff from heroic Xavius (25265) to heroic Odyn (9642).

They are the numbers from wowprogress. as for the normal kills Method has normal kills and found the numbers from there.

I was looking at some stuff for Earthen Ring and there are more guilds with mythic EN kills than there are with heroic Odyn kills.  I imagine this is common across other servers.  Some of this could be a "Fuck it, mythic is easier and gives better stuff.  Seeya ToV"

Aye my thinking is the difficulty vs the ilevel of the reward is off.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:34:37 PM by **andius »
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2016, 12:56:00 PM »
They are the numbers from wowprogress. as for the normal kills Method has normal kills and found the numbers from there.
I don't think it's meaningful to compare numbers from two different third-party sources; they likely have different methodologies.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 01:13:06 PM »
I don't think it's meaningful to compare numbers from two different third-party sources; they likely have different methodologies.

They are all from the same source wowprogress

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 11:34:59 AM »
Helya is *hard*.  But if you can figure out how to make it through phase 2, you'll probably get her down.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 09:19:15 AM »

Exactly this. My heroic group bashed faces on on ToV for a while and we can mostly clear normal without too much pain now but heroic requires taking only the top half of the raid team and they still struggle for lesser rewards. Bleh. As long as the loot remains worse, I doubt any amount of nerfing... err excuse me "tuning" is going to change that.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »
Exactly this. My heroic group bashed faces on on ToV for a while and we can mostly clear normal without too much pain now but heroic requires taking only the top half of the raid team and they still struggle for lesser rewards. Bleh. As long as the loot remains worse, I doubt any amount of nerfing... err excuse me "tuning" is going to change that.
I don't think I understand.  The loot in ToV is ten item levels higher than the loot in EN.  If your group is not a mythic group, then heroic ToV will offer the highest item level rewards you can currently get.  Early EN mythic groups do have the issue that Kharvek mentioned, but only because of heroic ToV's relative difficulty compared to early EN mythic fights.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 01:40:55 PM »
Notes for tomorrow's ToV nerfs are up.  They do affect normal as well as heroic and mythic.  I'm a little concerned that the combination of phase 2 changes might not shorten the fight on heroic, but we'll see.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752637126

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
Yeah I don't think it'll shorten by that much.  Reduced health on Hyrjla and Hymdall hopefully means more DPS time on Odyn, who has less health as well.

The reduced outgoing damage should be a big help though.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 08:10:15 PM »
Yeah I don't think it'll shorten by that much.  Reduced health on Hyrjla and Hymdall hopefully means more DPS time on Odyn, who has less health as well.
If the notes are correct, we will actually have to do 20% more damage to Hyrja and Hymdall in phase 2 heroic, because we have to get them to 85% instead of 90%.  This post has the math.