Author Topic: 7.1.x stuff  (Read 2253 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
7.1.x stuff
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:14:16 PM »
7.1 is on the PTR, and the launcher has patch notes.  mmo-champion and wowhead have copies in their latest news posts.  A few stand-out items:

* The order in which most classes get class abilities while leveling has changed, and more complex spells will progress in complexity as you level.

* There are new world quests related to the Trial of Valor raid and the new Nightfallen storylines, as well as new world quests having to do with "falcosaurs", and a world event area at Alcaz Isle.

* PvP changes blah blah keep honor talents after prestiging blah blah updated Nagrand arena blah

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5969-Patch-7-1-PTR-Build-22578

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: 7.1.x stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 09:50:13 AM »
I just read this in a wowhead comment.  Patch 7.1 will evidently introduce a Blood of Sargeras trader, Illnea Bloodthorn.  For 1 Blood of Sargeras, you can get 3-20 of most crafting materials or 200 order resources.  This change might bring down the cost of expensive mats, and will provide a Blood of Sargeras sink for people who aren't crafting or upgrading gear.  Illnea is located in the northern part of Dalaran.

If you're sitting on stacks of Felslate or other valuable gathered materials which you don't need, you might consider auctioning them before the patch lands.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=115264/illnea-bloodthorn#comments
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:57:33 AM by Marco »

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »
In the Legion thread, I wrote:
Patch 7.1 is going to remove the ability for UI mods to access unit locations inside instances.

The UI and macros forum now has a post up about the precise changes.  It says:
Several unit positioning/facing/range APIs have been restricted so that they will only return valid values when the following criteria are met:
Unit is the active player or in the party
Unit is not in any kind of instance PvE or PvP.
It seems like DBM will work around this restriction by transmitting location information to other instances of the addon within the raid.  That's a lot of wasted bandwidth, but I think there's plenty of precedent for that sort of things in addons.

Also in that post:
In patch 7.1, addons have been restricted from acting on nameplate. Addons can still gather information, target, and customize nameplates, but can no longer use their unit tokens for spell casts. This is similar to how nameplates worked in Warlords of Draenor.
I'm not certain what this means for players.  It might mean that, say, Enemy Grid can't let you interrupt a spell by clicking on one of its frames.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749494846

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:46:30 AM »
Also in that post:
In patch 7.1, addons have been restricted from acting on nameplate. Addons can still gather information, target, and customize nameplates, but can no longer use their unit tokens for spell casts. This is similar to how nameplates worked in Warlords of Draenor.
I'm not certain what this means for players.  It might mean that, say, Enemy Grid can't let you interrupt a spell by clicking on one of its frames.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749494846
I'm not sure this means either. Does this mean Healbot will no longer work? That would hurt, since Healbot is the cornerstone of my being able to heal in instances.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »
Healbot worked in Warlords of Draenor, right?  They said "This is similar to how nameplates worked in Warlords of Draenor," so I don't think they're killing any long-standing addon features with this change.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
First, Court of Stars and The Arcway will now unlock account-wide once each individual dungeon is completed once on an account.

Second, World Quests will no longer have the "friendly" reputation unlock requirement for secondary/alt characters. Once you hit 110 on an alt, you will immediately receive a quest to speak with Khadgar to receive your Flight Master's Whistle and unlock World Quests, as long as you've already unlocked World Quests on your main.
These are both nice changes.  Right now something like 60% of the journey from 100 to 110 on an alt with rest state is consumed by getting friendly with each zone faction.  With the change, you can opt to instead stay in a couple of zones and do all the side quests, or get XP in other ways, and still do world quests at 110 (and without having to spend an hour or so in Suramar).

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749645045#post-11

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:28:02 AM »
It seems like DBM will work around this restriction by transmitting location information to other instances of the addon within the raid.  That's a lot of wasted bandwidth, but I think there's plenty of precedent for that sort of things in addons.

Oh gods please tell me we're not going to return to the bad old days of mods having their own dedicated chat channels...

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 06:32:15 AM »
Oh gods please tell me we're not going to return to the bad old days of mods having their own dedicated chat channels...
Nah, Blizzard introduced an addon communication system a long time ago to solve that problem.  Your addons are already communicating between different instances of each other (for instance, Altoholic can talk to other instances of itself among guildmates or linked accounts); it's just a question of how chatty they are.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 11:48:52 AM »
Looks like the dev Q&A is reporting the patch is coming on 10/25. New raid two weeks later, but Kara will be up. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6040-Legion-Developer-Q-A-Ion-Hazzikostas-October-13-Hotfixes

Seems fast, but it's been 2 months and it's only 1 dungeon and a small 3-boss raid. It feels like the right time to infuse a bit more content as folks are finishing off Suramar and getting tired of WQs (so I hear from myself).
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 10:01:19 AM »
In case you had lots of free game time and nothing to do, 7.1 will add a bunch of solo content next week, on top of Kharazan and (in two more weeks) the new raid.  A brief summary:

* More Suramar storyline
* A quest line to unlock Helarjar world quests
* Falcosaurs?  Something to do with cooking, first aid, and a raptor mount.
* Another Raiding With Leashes
* Alcaz Island has new 110 content with a toy, some mechanical hunter pets, and some pet-interacting items.  (And maybe more?  Dr. Weavil is there again, but I don't know if he drops loot or anything.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20324478/patch-7-1-preview-new-adventures-in-the-broken-isles
http://www.wowhead.com/news=257053/patch-7-1-new-adventures-in-the-broken-isles-and-alcaz-island-spotlight

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »
* More Suramar storyline

Note for Avi:  The reward at the end of the suramar line is a purple cat mount.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 12:24:33 PM »
* More Suramar storyline

Note for Avi:  The reward at the end of the suramar line is a purple cat mount.

That is an awfully pretty mount.

Kharvek

• Adjective Noun Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »
FALCOSAURS

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 06:47:54 PM »
If you used a console command to increase your max zoom beyond 1.9, you will need to run a different console command in patch 7.1:

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

That command should persist across logout.  Also, the max zoom slider in the options is gone, and is always set to the usual maximum of 1.9.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/777626-zoom-nerfed-on-ptr-intended/

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »
Apparently this patch will also include account-wide world quest unlocks. I think you'll still need to be 110 but won't have to grind rep with every faction as long as you've done it on one character.