Author Topic: Class order hall  (Read 977 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Class order hall
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 10:02:11 AM »
A few more notes:

* After several days, I feel like there's a modest uptick in the amount of base gold reward for 950 missions versus the 925 ones, maybe in the 100-200g range.  It's hard to say for certain without collecting a lot of data because the rewards are randomized a bit.  I've seen someone's data sheet for the 925 missions (reddit user Jumilith), but not for 950 missions.

* There are four different gold missions: 24hours/100resource/2slots, 12h/200r/2s, 6h/400r/3s, and 8h/500r/3s.  Threats are randomized and can include either a boss threat or an argus elite threat.  Base gold rewards seem to be higher for the longer-duration missions.  Duration reduction items are really useful for the 24-hour gold missions, to free up your champions for other missions.

* When I log on in the morning I tend to get a bunch of new missions (usually expiring in six hours).  Missions occasionally spawn in one at a time at random times later, or in larger increments if I wait longer between checks.  I think there's maybe a spawn counter that ticks up over time, but the expiration time depends on when you first see a mission, not when the counter ticked up.  I still don't get the sense that you have to "unclog" the mission list, especially with most missions expiring in six hours anyway, but I can't be certain.  [ETA: it looks like missions can spawn, and therefore start their expiration clocks, whenever you're logged in, not just when you check the mission list.]

* The level 950 blood of sargeras missions reward 12 bloods (at 200%) for 1800 resources, while the level 925 ones reward 9 bloods for 1200 resources.  This is a net of +600 resources either way if you exchange all of the bloods for order resources, but if you're converting a surplus of order resources into bloods, the higher-level ones are more efficient.

* The level 950 augment rune missions reward 12 runes (at 200%).  If you're forgoing the permarune because it's too expensive, you can stock up on single-use runes pretty quickly this way.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 08:29:01 AM by Marco »

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 11:01:26 AM »
* The level 950 augment rune missions reward 12 runes (at 200%).  If you're forgoing the permarune because it's too expensive, you can stock up on single-use runes pretty quickly this way.
"Permarune"?

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 11:09:34 AM »
There are single-use Defiled Augment Runes you get from LFR, order hall missions, and call to arms satchels (+325 main stat). At exalted with the Army of the Light, you can purchase a reusable Lightforged Augment Rune that gives the same buff for 40k gold, removing the need for the single-use ones. Depending on how often you rune for raiding, that cost may or may not make it worth your while to buy, especially with the reportedly quicker income of the single-use ones with an upgraded order hall.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »
* Players no longer need to complete “The Seat of the Triumvirate” in the Argus storyline to unlock “The Ruins of Oronaar”, which allows further follower and mission progression.
* Follower equipment that improves item level is more likely to appear from Argus missions, once “The Ruins of Oronaar” has been completed.
* The final tier of Argus missions are now less difficult, reward more Veiled Argunite, and reward more bonus Gold.
So no more dungeon requirement to upgrade order halls, faster progression to 950, and a clearer benefit to upgrading to 950 missions.  I feel like the 950 missions already did reward more gold than the 925 ones, but there's enough RNG in the gold rewards that it wasn't obvious.  And while I didn't find them "too difficult" in the sense of not being able to 200% gold missions very often, having them be sometimes more difficult than the 925 missions could feel like a punishment.

ETA: saw my first post-hotfix gold mission spawn.  The bonus gold amount appears to be +1750 gold, up from +1500.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:07:16 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 04:31:54 AM »
While the missions may be more rewarding the new troops cost a lot more, 150 for the first each week and 900 for any after that.

If your world quests with the alt and getting plenty of OHR (Order Hall Resources) this may not be a problem but if it is a little played alt you may be better off not unlocking the new troops (which also unlocks the new missions). You can unlock the new world quests without unlocking the new troops or missions.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 07:01:24 AM »
I find I'm not using troops very much now that I have my champions mostly geared out in epic Argus equipment.  I did use them a fair amount in the preceding weeks.  On three of my alts I have a champion who produces troop-healing items; on those I've started accumulating cheap troop items as I don't exhaust troops often enough.  On the two alts who don't have that, I'm buying maybe one expensive troop per week.

Other tricks for making alts self-sustaining are:
* Use the daily mission auto-complete (available to around half of the classes) to generate ~800 order resources per day.
* Run the blood of sargeras missions at 200% to generate 600 net order resources.  (Down side: this will tie up your champions a bit.)
* If you have a large surplus of bloods on one character, you can fund order resources on the alt since the boxes are bind on account.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 07:11:39 AM by Marco »