Author Topic: Class order hall  (Read 976 times)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Class order hall
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 03:48:11 PM »
Been doing the meatball quest on my alts and I've noticed that completing any of the order hall missions with the mobile app causes problems. While I can hand in the quest I do not get the next step. Which I think is due to the Order Hall Mission reappearing when it is handed in with the App and the next mission will not appear whist the previous mission is listed on your mission table.
Not sure if doing the mission again or waiting for it to expire will allow the next step to appear.

Once the "completed" mission is no longer in your mission list (either by completing again or waiting for it to expire) getting a win makes the next step appear.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 07:40:13 AM »
Some transitional notes about order halls in 7.3, since I haven't seen a good guide yet:

* There are three upgrade points:
  - after the first two story chapters, you can gain access to Krokul Ridgestalkers and green-quality Argus follower equipment
  - after doing all story chapters and running the new dungeon, you can gain access to Void-Purged Krokul and blue-quality Argus follower equipment
  - after upgrading six champions to 925, you can gain access to Lightforged Bulwarks and purple-quality Argus follower equipment
  These upgrades are not account-wide, making it a lot of (one-time) effort to maintain multiple fully functional order halls.  You can be at the second step now if you've been diligent, but the third step will take a while as you'll need to acquire Mac'Aree Armor Sets for the 925 upgrades.

* The new troop types are very valuable once you have all three, as they can guarantee a +75% success bonus based on a mission's secondary threat.  They are also important for some of the new missions which have "argus elite" threats instead of bosses.  They are also relatively expensive; you can get one of each for 150 order resources once a week, and additional ones for 900 order resources.

* Because the new troops are so good, equipment which grants +10/15/20% mission success when you have a specific kind of (non-Argus) troop in the party are kind of junky now, and should probably be phased out.

* There is new equipment which grants +30/40/50% mission success if a specific type of threat is present.  I tentatively think these items are amazing if you put them on troops which counter that threat type--definitely deserving one of the three equipment slots on each champion.

* Meatball is still great on missions with bosses (not the ones with Argus Elite threats).  The Strange Energy items he generates are still great.  However:

* Some of the new missions have the same threat repeated twice, and you can't choose which order to counter them.  Since Meatball doesn't counter anything, having him in your roster can make it harder to have two counters for each threat.

* If you have an order hall upgrade which lets you place work orders for follower equipment, those work orders can yield the Argus equipment you qualify for, so it's worth running those again if you stopped.

* I'm torn on whether to upgrade followers to 925 as I get Mac'Aree Armor Sets, or wait until I have six armor sets.  Having 925 missions rolling in (if they displace incoming 900 missions) with only one champion to handle them seems like a bad scene.  But maybe that doesn't happen, or if it does happen, the new missions are amazingly profitable?  I haven't seen any information on this yet.  I will probably experiment with one of my alts and hold off on upgrading for a bit on the others.

A summary of the new follower equipment (the alternatives are for green/blue/purple quality):

* Set follower gear level to 900/925/950 item level
* Reduce mission duration by 20/25/30% (I believe this is multiplicative, so three of these is ~65% duration reduction, not 90%)
* +30/40/50% success if a specific threat (minion/spell/hazard) is present
* +30/40/50% success if duration >8h
* +30/40/50% success if duration <8h
* +20/25/30% success

There are also some new legendary equipment items which combine a blue-quality anti-threat bonus with another blue-quality bonus, like Augari Censorite Staff.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:03:17 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 08:40:29 AM »

* I'm torn on whether to upgrade followers to 925 as I get Mac'Aree Armor Sets, or wait until I have six armor sets.  Having 925 missions rolling in (if they displace incoming 900 missions) with only one champion to handle them seems like a bad scene.  But maybe that doesn't happen, or if it does happen, the new missions are amazingly profitable?  I haven't seen any information on this yet.  I will probably experiment with one of my alts and hold off on upgrading for a bit on the others.

Going by how upgrading followers in the pass caused the higher missions to appear rather than the lower ones I'm going to hold off  upgrading my followers until I can upgrade them in mass.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 05:48:30 PM »
I upgraded a champion to 925 on one of my alts and I'm still getting only 900-level missions.  Now that I re-check the question chain, it looks like 925-level missions will only start coming in after we upgrade six champions to 925 (Relics of the Ancient Eredar) and then run a mission (Shadowguard Dispersion).
Later, we'll have to upgrade six champions to 950 and run a mission before we start getting 950-level missions.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »
Is there an easy way to figure out whether you've acquired a given class's mount(s) and if not where in the hall to go to start acquiring them?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
After you raise six champions to 925 and run the Shadowguard Dispersion mission to enable 925-level missions, take the Vindicaar to Antoran Wastes to get Turalyon to offer the next quest step (to run the Hindering the Legion mission), to unlock 950 armor sets, epic-grade follower items, and the third troop type.  The game doesn't make it obvious, and it took me half a day to realize that I wasn't progressing the quest chain.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 07:18:58 AM »
I just got six to 900; is there an unlock to get them to 925?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
When you turned that in, you should have gotten a quest to run the Nath'raxas Breakout follower mission, which will unlock 900-level follower missions (but no new equipment).

To progress further, you will need to finish all of the Argus campaign quests including the one to run the new dungeon.

When both of those are done, fly the Vindicaar to Mac'Aree and Alleria should give you a quest to run the Inches of Madness follower mission, which will unlock blue-quality Argus follower gear and 925 armor sets.

(None of this is account-wide.  So far the only account-wide unlocks have been the Netherlight Crucible, access to the new dungeon, and teleporter pads, I think.)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »
The missions for the 925 armor sets are rather slow to show up, I did the dungeon on the 13th and I have completed  4 of the  armor missions and have none up right now.
The armor upgrades over 900 also do not seem to come from work orders.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »
I got the 925s faster than that; it took me around 8 days with a little variation.  Checking your order hall more frequently may help; now that I am running Order Hall Commander and can see mission expiration times, I am beginning to think that observation affects mission spawns (within a limit; anything more often than about once per three hours doesn't seem likely to matter).  I agree that armor upgrades above 900 only seem to come from missions, not from other sources.

ETA: I just got my first legendary Argus follower item, the Praetorium Tome of Arcana.  It came randomly on completing a mission on my druid due to the order hall upgrade that occasionally spawns a follower item on mission completion.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:50:50 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 07:52:30 PM »
I got the 925s faster than that; it took me around 8 days with a little variation.  Checking your order hall more frequently may help; now that I am running Order Hall Commander and can see mission expiration times, I am beginning to think that observation affects mission spawns (within a limit; anything more often than about once per three hours doesn't seem likely to matter).  I agree that armor upgrades above 900 only seem to come from missions, not from other sources.

ETA: I just got my first legendary Argus follower item, the Praetorium Tome of Arcana.  It came randomly on completing a mission on my druid due to the order hall upgrade that occasionally spawns a follower item on mission completion.

I hope not checking every 3 hours is a terrible idea, I want to play the game not Garrison mark 2.1

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 10:05:02 PM »
So I'm pretty sure its not just checking them -- I've had an alt's order hall get pretty static for a while when I was running no missions, because all the missions were ones I didn't care for.  I found I needed to run a mission to open up a spot for a gold mission to appear in, if I wanted to be getting as much gold out as I could.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
Every time I check the order hall and see a mission I hadn't seen before, it expires in six hours according to Order Hall Commander, and that expiration time has always been right if I watch it elapse.  (A few mission types have longer expiration times, like the elite strike missions, the raid missions that reward extra rolls, and the armor upgrade sets.)  So I wouldn't worry about the order hall getting clogged up with stuff you don't like.

Since the expiration time is always six hours from when I first see the mission, that's what leads me to believe that observation affects the state.  I can also often see two different sets of expiration times, leading me to believe that the minimum useful time between observations is around three hours rather than six.

There could be another layer of logic limiting the inflow of specific mission types (e.g. gold missions might be less likely to spawn if you've already run a bunch recently), but that's total speculation.  If that logic does exist then it would help to counter the "check every three hours to win" nature.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 08:01:51 PM »
Mission spawn behavior may have changed a bit this week; I feel like the minimum useful delay between checks is closer to five hours now.  Not really sure.

I got my first character to unlocked 950 missions today.  I found this post and this thread talking about them a bit.  It sounds like for gold missions, the base reward amount goes up a little bit and the base success chance (maybe only for some of the gold missions?) goes down to -50% (from -25% for the equivalent type of 925 mission and 0% for the equivalent type of 900 missions).

I've noticed there are two types of gold reward missions: one with a long duration, 100 order resource resource cost, and lower base reward, and another with a short duration, 500 order resource cost, and higher base reward.

Even with a -25% or -50% modifier on missions, getting to 200% doesn't seem difficult with the new equipment and troops.  I've been equipping followers with one straight +success item, one +success vs. threat item for the threat they counter, and one duration reduction item.  (So ideally, +30% success, +50% vs. threat, and -30% mission duration.)  Since Meatball doesn't counter anything and has an enormous bonus vs. bosses I give him two duration reduction items.  This setup works well to deal with long missions, although that may become less important on alts once I am no longer multitasking between gold missions and equipment missions.

Some people are saying it's not worth it to upgrade your order hall, but I feel like I'm getting a lot more gold out of my order halls than I was before I started in on this.  I don't really have the data to prove that.  I might intentionally leave one order hall at 925 missions for a week or so and keep records for comparison, but I might not.  I don't have any garrisons left at 900 or 880 except for some truly neglected ones on alts I don't play, so I couldn't do a really thorough comparison.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:39:04 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
Interesting thing i had a mission for Veiled Argunite, which i was not doing (35 of them is not much use). I decided to do it in case this was stopping the  Mac'Aree Armor Set mission from showing up. Just completed that mission and one for the armor showed up.