Author Topic: Class order hall  (Read 558 times)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Class order hall
« on: September 07, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »
I'll start this thread off with a good link from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/519b0t/what_orderhall_champions_to_deactivate_all/

IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE SOME MYSTERY TO THE MISSIONS, please skip this post! It takes a little of the flavor out, but it will help with AP for those who don't know which 2 champions to deactivate.

NB - This was compiled using Wowhead data, which isn't necessarily complete at the time the spreadsheet for your class was added. This is a WIP, but it will get you started. There are other efficiencies to be realized, so these lists are by no means some kind of BiS list for champions!

This is an analysis of all the missions and how effective each Champion is. You can use this as a baseline and then flavor to taste. The poster used wowhead to identify followers' efficiency using a matrix (all credit to the OP, /u/blackleafdragon , who is awesome in the research they did and compiled):

- Champions have a main spec/role: e.g. DH champions are either Havoc, Vengeance, or an Outcast (since DH only has 2 specs). Each of these specs counters either 19 Bosses (Havoc), 4 Bosses (Outcast), or 22 Bosses (Vengeance). Since Boss abilities are the most impactful on mission success, this means you should have 2 champions each that have roles that counter the 19-mission and 22-mission abilities and 1 that counters the 4-mission ability.

- Champions further have secondary abilities, which are broadly AoE (Throw Glaive, Blizzard, Chain Lightning), Dodge (Fel Rush, Blink, Ghost Wolf), and Interrupt (Consume Magic, Counterspell, Wind Shear), which in turn counter a certain number of missions each. This is 12 missions for AoE, 8 missions for Dodge, and 15 missions for Interrupt. These don't have as much impact on success, though they can have secondary effects like making missions use fewer resources or reducing the time needed. This is less stark than the roles, but your best bet is to have 2 champions with 12-mission counters, 1 with an 8-mission counter, and 2 with 15-mission counters.

- The final decision point is mostly preference, now that you've narrowed down your choices. You might have a healing champ, which saves you Order Resources in the long run by having a chance to restore stamina to a Troop (And with some of the crazy costs of the higher-level Order Hall upgrades, this may be worth it). Maybe you have a champ that just gives a flat bonus to missions with a certain type of troop, or one that reduces mission time. You will usually be able to choose 2 among 3-4 champs and still have your bases covered, so this is where the personal flavor comes in.

I found the post fascinating, because I've had shit luck the last few days getting missions for Havoc or Outcast, but I see that Vengeance only really occurs 16% more often than Havoc. You could also just follow the OP's suggestion on which 5 if you don't care about semantics and just want the protein.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:15:51 PM by Edalia »
o/\o

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Class order hall
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:38:39 AM »
Thank you that is very useful.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
Here's an updated theorycraft post: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/5kz06d/a_guide_to_choosing_order_hall_champions/

Next week we're about to unlock new champions (I think; people might be misreading what Blizzard said about the 7.2 content timeline), so we will need another update.  For the sixth order hall upgrade, I am uncertain on whether a sixth champion or the new troop type is better.  There are equipment items that synergize with the new troop type, like Dreamgrove Leaf, and we are getting a third champion equipment slot eventually.

Also, you can get a really good champion, Meatball, from the brawler's guild: http://www.wowhead.com/champion=986/meatball#comments

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
Which follower?
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:16:09 AM »
Now that we can have 7 followers anyone found a good place to figure out which ones to have active?
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 102),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 103)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Which follower?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/65z91u/order_hall_champion_guide_for_72/ was recently posted and I don't find anything to disagree with in it.

I have been busily getting Meatball on all of my level 110 characters and, while it's taking a while to get him enough XP to hold equipment, his +75% vs. bosses ability is very strong.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:40:14 AM by Marco »

Brynndolin

• Cupcakes Member
  • Frequently wrong, never in doubt
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »
I don't know if he drops in the mythics, but the best follower I have by far is Moroes. It might be worth farming Kara runs just to get him.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 08:01:36 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/65z91u/order_hall_champion_guide_for_72/ was recently posted and I don't find anything to disagree with in it.

I have been busily getting Meatball on all of my level 110 characters and, while it's taking a while to get him enough XP to hold equipment, his +75% vs. bosses ability is very strong.

[This might want to get merged with the order hall thread.]

Thank you Marco that is just what I wanted, please a Marco said merge it with the order hall thread. Only made a new topic to talk about it and Marco's answers, completely answers it.

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »
So, for my resto druid and my mage, I want a tanking follower.  I've been using Broll for my druid and Modera for my mage (because frost slowing down bad guys is kinda like having a tank).

For my prot warrior, I want all the dps, so I've been using Dvalene.

So my question is: could be doing better?  E.g., if one of the collectible followers (Meatball?  Moroes?  quack?) is better, let me know.
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »
Meatball is arguably the best DPS bodyguard for two reasons: he drops orbs which give a stacking +10% damage buff for 20 seconds, and he periodically stuns and eats enemies at ~20% health ("MEATBALL HUNGRY!").  Like all bodyguards he will sometimes pull additional mobs.  He isn't a tanking follower, though, and if you have a very stationary rotation you might not want to be running around picking up orbs.  Also he's really powerful for running missions (including his bonus ability, which creates one-time +20% mission success consumables at a decent clip), so for his equipment it can be tough to decide between bonus-on-world-quest equipment and mission-running equipment.

Also, shamans might still want to cultivate Rehgar as a bodyguard because he grants a bonus to ghost wolf speed.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:24:22 AM by Marco »

Honorata

• Your Own Personal Eeyore
  • Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »
Yeah, Rehgar's worth it as shaman bodyguard just for mount-level speed in ghost wolf.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 10:39:34 AM »
[This might want to get merged with the order hall thread.]

Sure, why not?
o/\o

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 01:46:43 PM »
Been doing the meatball quest on my alts and I've noticed that completing any of the order hall missions with the mobile app causes problems. While I can hand in the quest I do not get the next step. Which I think is due to the Order Hall Mission reappearing when it is handed in with the App and the next mission will not appear whist the previous mission is listed on your mission table.
Not sure if doing the mission again or waiting for it to expire will allow the next step to appear.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »
The Meatball quest involves ranking up in the Brawler's Guild, correct? About what gear ilvl would you say is currently necessary to work one's way up through the ranks?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
You don't have to rank up.   Towards the beginning you have to "compete in 5 brawls", but I'm not sure you have to win, and they don't have to be the brawls in the main sequence (so you can just buy a challenge card for the first fight five times), and also just AFKing while other people are fighting seems to work.

Jenilea

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
You don't have to rank up.   Towards the beginning you have to "compete in 5 brawls", but I'm not sure you have to win, and they don't have to be the brawls in the main sequence (so you can just buy a challenge card for the first fight five times), and also just AFKing while other people are fighting seems to work.
You only need to beat the first brawl which is pretty easy. For the compete in 5 brawls, they do have to be wins but if there are others there brawling then if they win if counts as a win for you.
Jenilea - 110 Warlock, Dalae - 110 Monk, Lindi - 100 Priest, Wintergreen - 100 Paladin, Sunrayle - 100 Mage, Moonrayle - 100 Druid, Prasi - 100 Rogue, Valri - 100 Hunter, Zardi - 100 Shaman, Sindi - 100 Warrior, Xalvi - 100 Death Knight