Author Topic: Suramar  (Read 1714 times)

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
Re: Suramar
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 06:33:55 AM »
* If you get the super rare fox mount before me I will find you IRL and kill you.

Did you get it yet? The quest times on it seem long once you get the initial item to start the quest.

Alas, no. Still looking for that elusive tattered invitation. No matter: I camped the Sunhide Gronnling for three days to get him, I will eventually get the fox.

Gori

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 06:55:36 AM »
* If you get the super rare fox mount before me I will find you IRL and kill you.

Did you get it yet? The quest times on it seem long once you get the initial item to start the quest.

Alas, no. Still looking for that elusive tattered invitation. No matter: I camped the Sunhide Gronnling for three days to get him, I will eventually get the fox.

Well I guess I gotta die..

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 07:09:54 AM »

Let me walk you through my feelings right now:

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »
I had a very successful Wither Training run last night. I started with 15 Withered (1300 is my cap still, need to spend some times doing the main Suramar Quest), and ended with 20. I inched through, luckily avoiding Dro, and opened doors until I got to 400+ points. Then I went back and grabbed some chests-one 5-Withered and 2 10-Withered in total.

I tried bandaging hurt Withered, but they didn't seem to gain health this time. My average Withered health (mouseover the Withered Commander buff) stayed the same. Perhaps this changed since last time I did this quest.

Arcane anomalies are much easier with 15+ Withered, as you can stun their death-explosion and turn on the Mayhem! buff to finish them off.

I'd gotten the item that makes the Withered less likely to flee last time, and it was noticably easier to keep them on task. I think I needed to chase 4 total over the course of the run.

I ended up with two copies of Spellmask of Azsylla, so I hope that means I have 2 spell-mad whatever. Though I know I won't and I just got boned.

EDIT: on the above point about the Mana-Rager chests, they are always static. I just happened to choose two Mana-Rager chests, and they were both marked as my first one so they dropped the same hat. I'll check when I get the WQ next to see if I have 1 or 2 Mana-Ragers.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:32:17 AM by Edalia »
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »
You can have two berserkers (you need them to open one of the doors, in fact), so I'm certain you can have two mana-ragers.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 09:43:42 AM »
You can have two berserkers (you need them to open one of the doors, in fact), so I'm certain you can have two mana-ragers.

Yeah, but there are two different hats you can get-I got two of the same hat. Presumably I can't even get the other now, since there are a fixed number of Glimmering chests. I hope they stack, since I didn't get an error ("Already Known") when I used the second copy.
o/\o

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
Withered training - tips & tricks
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
Okay, so, I'm 0/2 for Leymaster Dro, or whatever his name is.  He comes in, and whabam, I'm toast.

Mistake #1 is getting surprised; that's what did me in the first time.

Mistake #2 was not using Time Warp; fine, I can pop that and go for a faster burndown.

But ye gods, if anyone has suggestions, let me know.  Should I just assume I'm going to lose a ton of my army with this dude?  It makes me wonder if I should leave some withered behind to recruit after the fight, or if I should not die with smart bombs and recruit everything in sight.  (I'm inclined towards the latter at the moment.)
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Re: Withered training - tips & tricks
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
If you see him dashing from one place to another, over and over again, that's when he's killing your withered; you'll want to do something to stop him.  Stuns, disorients, and I think roots all work.  You could even try polymorph, although I could see it failing spectacularly.

The down side of stopping his charge is that he might kill you--this is one of the big reasons why people say this scenario is so much easier for tanks.  If you have the survive-on-death buff from Thalryssa, he will actually despawn after "killing" you and drop his key, which can be a nice way of getting past him before you have enough buffs to kill him outright.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Withered training - tips & tricks
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 02:05:12 PM »
The trick (which I think you were referring to) is get the Ward of the First Arcanist from Thalryssa (spelling?) before going into the Withered scenario. When you encounter Dro (I always met him just heading down the stairs to the tunnel complex with the lake), get aggro and let him pound you; listen for Thalryssa saying "Be careful." When the Ward goes off, he'll bounce through the shield three times or so, losing 30% health each time. Then he's easy to finish off.

It became slightly trickier when I had the 2000 mana to get all 20 withered at the start of the scenario. I had to pay the mana to get the buff, then use a mana crystal to go back up to 2000 to pay Thalryssa for 20 Withered.

Monks have the Provoke spell to yank aggro onto them, even when your Berserker Withered are taunting, so it wasn't too hard for me. The last couple of times I dealt with him, I don't think I lost more than a couple of Withered, maybe none at all.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Thanamira

• Bunny Champion
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2016, 03:47:56 AM »
Once you hit exalted with Nightfallen, is there much (any?) point to doing withered army training?
Thanamira (110 arcane maga), Reonna (110 prot warrior), Gaillardia (100 eventual resto druid)

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 06:37:23 AM »
Once you hit exalted with Nightfallen, is there much (any?) point to doing withered army training?

No, unless (a) you're still getting gear upgrades from the box at the end or (b) you're trying to get the item that'll get you the fox mount.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »
I think it's also a decent source of Blood of Sargeras, if you happen to be short on that, but most of us aren't.  And you get some artifact power, but for the time it takes there are usually more efficient ways of getting that.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 08:16:58 AM »
I think it's also a decent source of Blood of Sargeras, if you happen to be short on that, but most of us aren't.  And you get some artifact power, but for the time it takes there are usually more efficient ways of getting that.

Its worth noting, that you get the end chest even if you go in and die pretty quick.  I've taken to going in in dps spec and just zerg'ing until I die.  No stopping to pick up more withered.  Only picking up small chests.  Only spending 400 ancient mana to get the minimal number of withered.  Sometimes it ends quick.  Sometimes you can get remarkably far.  But when your win condition is "this ends and I get a chest", it can be pretty quick and low stress...

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »
Don't the contents of the end chest depend on the score you get by the time you're yanked out of Falanaar?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 10:06:31 AM »
Yes.  I've tried going in and right back out, and you get a small box without most of the usual rewards.  (I'm guessing you can't get the fox mount invitation from that box, for instance, although I can't be certain.)