Author Topic: Legion Mistweaver  (Read 194 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Legion Mistweaver
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:24:37 PM »
I finally got my monk to max level, and I'm kind of confused about when and where to use Essence Font. Does anyone have any advice?
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

HeidiB

• Cupcakes Member
Re: Legion Mistweaver
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
1)  If the priest casts the spell that puts the white circle over your head, spam essence font.
2)  If the entire raid is taking massive damage and you're out of cooldowns (Power Overwhelming on Chronomatic Anomaly, Witness the Void on Star Augur), spam essence font.
3)  If you have plenty of mana and don't want to bother targeting your heals, use essence font.

The spell consumes a lot of mana, but does (almost) raid-wide healing.  The buff it leaves behind also enhances some types of healing but I haven't studied up on that.

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 05:42:02 AM »
Keeping in mind that EF is changing on the PTR (significantly), addendum to what Heidi has mentioned:

* EF is your highest HPM spell you have, despite the cost. If there are > 4 people in range (25y!) then it's well worthwhile to cast. That it only has a 25y range, is Blizzards gift to MW.

* Corollary to above: EF gets more usage in raids than dungeons.

* Absent extenuating circumstances (below), you'll definitely want to follow up EF with direct heals; the EF hot causes the mastery heal to be applied twice; note: for vivify, this means the primary target only. Cleave targets don't count.

* During innervate you'll definitely want to spam EF, assuming first point above holds. Once you get 4pc, spamming becomes less attractive, as you want to weave in direct casts of vivify , to take advantage of the extended hot

* Mana Tea becomes very attractive, if you find you're using EF a lot. I think you want to go Ef-V-V during MT (haste permitting), but I wind up going full HAM on EF spam.

* (mostly) never use TFT charges on EF

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 11:43:27 PM »
Thank you! This explains a lot. I'm sure I'll have further questions.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760