Author Topic: Legion comics  (Read 917 times)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
Legion comics
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:34:59 PM »
Blizzard has created some comics telling stories about Legion.  So far there are two of them.  The first one, Fault Lines, is about Magni Bronzebeard and ties into the lore quests we will see during the pre-patch.  The second one, Nightborne: Twilight of Suramar tells a little story about Tweed's favorite person ever.

The art style isn't all that appealing to me and the stories are pretty simple, but they're short and kind of entertaining.  I do like the presentation of the motion comics, so I'd recommend reading them in that form.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
Re: Legion comics
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 06:43:08 PM »
Blizzard has created some comics telling stories about Legion.  So far there are two of them.  The first one, Fault Lines, is about Magni Bronzebeard and ties into the lore quests we will see during the pre-patch.  The second one, Nightborne: Twilight of Suramar tells a little story about Tweed's favorite person ever.

I'm going to be real pissed when we have to kill her at the end of that raid tier, I tell you what.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 11:27:18 AM »
The third comic, "Highmountain: A Mountain Divided", tells the backstory of one of the Broken Isles zones.  If you show up and are like "why are these tauren dudes fighting each other?" you can read this comic and find out that it's because some of them are mean.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »
The fourth comic, Son of the Wolf, is a little bit spoilery.  If you care about spoilers you might want to wait until playing through the Broken Shore event near the end of the pre-patch.

Today also saw the release of the first Harbinger animated short, Gul'Dan.  In case you were wondering whether Gul'Dan is a nice person or a mean person, this short will give you the answer.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »
The second Harbinger animated short, Khadgar, answers the question of whether Khadgar is a manly wizard who strikes manly poses and does manly things.

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 11:30:02 AM »
The second Harbinger animated short, Khadgar, answers the question of whether Khadgar is a manly wizard who strikes manly poses and does manly things.

Blizz makes him more and more GQ Calvin Klein underwear model handsome with every iteration.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 08:55:43 PM »
Darn it, another stained-glass window in Karazhan that we'll have to fix.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 05:29:22 AM »

Wonder what spec gets the laser  ;)
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Fallowgrey

• Boomcop Posse Member
  • All the feelz, all the healz
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 05:31:07 AM »

Moonkin.  (Fury of Elune).  Because Balance isn't about power balance.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:34:24 AM by Fallowgrey »
Alliance: Fallowgrey, Dwarf Priest / Evring, Nelf Druid / Arkibal, Human Paladin / Gayelette, Dwarf Shaman / Haikeebah, Pandaren Monk
Horde: Sootandash, Tauren Druid
Misc:  Kikiaru, L37 Gnome Mage / Erzula, L9 Human Rogue / Zelbinion, L68 Worgen Warrior / Rinkitink, L40 Belf Hunter

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 06:16:12 AM »

Moonkin.  (Fury of Elune).  Because Balance isn't about power balance.

So Khadgar is a druid well that makes sense with some other video giving him flight form.

Going by the Harbinger animated shorts so far I do wonder if  the expansion more about **Spoiler**  the fall to the temptation of the Legions power rather than just the legions power.
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 08:10:25 AM »
Some of us are already fallen. When we were fighting Illidan in Wrath, my character kept begging to get a ziggurat like Kel'Thuzad's. He never gave me one, so I helped kill him. I'll bet Sargeras is just as stingy.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 08:19:23 AM »
WoW PCs do seem like pretty easy targets.  We learned of a strange metal called "saronite" in Northrend which was driving miners insane, and thought, "hey, I bet we could craft some pretty cool armor from that stuff."  We also generally do anything someone with a ! over their head tells us to.  If one of us were in that video, it would have gone like this:

Ghost of Medivh: take this power and use it to fight the legion, or perhaps be warped by that power and serve the legion.
  Player: <wasn't listening, was looking through appearances collection>
  Ghost of Medivh: it's a quest.
  Player: sure, sign me up!

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 08:43:10 AM »
  Ghost of Medivh: take this power and use it to fight the legion, or perhaps be warped by that power and serve the legion.
  Player: <wasn't listening, was looking through appearances collection>
  Ghost of Medivh: it's a quest.
  Player: sure, sign me up!

HA! We seriously need to install upvote or "Like" options for stuff like this.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 03:52:29 PM »
Today Blizzard rolled on the random entertainment media table and it came up "radio play."  Part 1 of The Tomb of Sargeras came out today (that's a youtube link; there is also an MP3 download and a script).  This story is about the travels of Gul'Dan after his minor setback at Hellfire Citadel.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:00:56 PM by Marco »

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »
Part two is up now The Tomb of Sargeras - Part Two: Old Friends (that's a youtube link)

Edit: Also part three The Tomb of Sargeras - Part Three: The Tombís Fury (another youtude link)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:45:41 PM by **andius »