Author Topic: Looking for Guild  (Read 670 times)

Savista

• Cupcakes Member
Looking for Guild
« on: October 03, 2015, 05:10:19 PM »
Hi all, looked through your site and a friend of mine Pellar, paly used to raid with you, said you guys are awesome and has also been looking to get into the guild I am on most nights and was wondering what the process is to get in.

Thanks in advance,

Savista BM hunter

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
Re: Looking for Guild
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »
Deadly Cupcakes isn't a single guild. It's a group of friends, acquaintances, strangers, and ancestral enemies who work together to raid and perform other WoW-related activities. You've already done the first step by posting here.

You may want to consider which Deadly-Cupcakes-related guild you might like to join. Of course, you'll want to pick the guild I'm in, the Explorers of Evermoore. We'd subject you to the usual role-playing tests, and if you pass, you're in. Of course the guild House of Posse has more members, is better organized, has better players, and does instances together more often than EoE. But you should pick EoE because... because... I'll think of a reason in just a moment...

By the way, you may not want to take anything anyone says here too seriously, especially if I'm the one saying it.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:09 AM »
Hi Savista,

As Winston mentioned, we're actually a group of raiders (mostly) from many different guilds. Do you know which group Pellar raided with (ANR, TRR, F&L, other abbreviations)? The name is vaguely familiar to me, but I've raided all over.

It's probably not a bad idea to join the /deadlycupcakes in-game chat channel. People spend a lot of time in their garrisons these days, but that's one place DC groups look for fill-ins.
o/\o

Chibe

• Wiper of raids
  • Cupcakes Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:53:27 AM »
Dwarf pally tank?  I think we had him as our 4th tank in Bear Loot Train (Bear Train was the 10 man version) back in WotLK.  If he was the same guy that I'm thinking of, he was a pretty good chap.

But as for Deadly Cupcakes, we are closer to SASU, without the retardedness and BS.

*PS*  Last thing I want to do is complain about SASU here.  I've had good times in SASU (looking at you Bacon Bandits and Snique's Sunday night MH runs), but there was too many bad memories that outway it.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:00:34 AM by Chibe »

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:24 AM »
Dwarf pally tank?  I think we had him as our 4th tank in Bear Loot Train (Bear Train was the 10 man version) back in WotLK.  If he was the same guy that I'm thinking of, he was a pretty good chap.

But as for Deadly Cupcakes, we are closer to SASU, without the retardedness and BS.

*PS*  Last thing I want to do is complain about SASU here.  I've had good times in SASU (looking at you Bacon Bandits and Snique's Sunday night MH runs), but there was too many bad memories that outway it.)

I just had the thought "I remember when SASU was started so that we could get enough people together to run UBRS" and then I realized how long we've been playing this game. Now I need a nap.

Savista

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 03:45:46 PM »
I am sure that is the Pellar you're thinking of he mentioned doing the bear raids. I know this is a conglomerate of guilds but was wondering if you guys knew any earthen Ring guilds that are lfm as it's a huge PITA to find guilds there it seems.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 04:14:15 PM »
What are you looking for in a guild? The EoE, which I pathetically tried to advertise above, consists mostly of casual role-players; i.e., we role-play casually, not necessarily raid casually. There's another guild represented on this forum (I won't say which) that's oriented on new and exciting ways to test Blizzard's profanity filter.

For my part, the last time I created a character and leveled him to 10, I was deluged with "join my guild" whispers as soon as I entered Stormwind.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice