Author Topic: Game Time for Gold  (Read 4994 times)

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
Re: Game Time for Gold
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 01:39:55 PM »
1 token = 1 month, right?
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »
Yes.  (Well, 30 days.)

The price went up past 31K and has dropped back down to 30,906.  I can't test whether it's easy to buy tokens at this price since I maxed out on tokens for my and Cree's account.  (I figure, even if the price goes down, it probably won't go down all that much below 30K, and it could conceivably go much higher.)

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »
There is a limit to the number you can have?
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »
For the moment, you can only buy ten wow tokens every thirty days.  That limit definitely applies to buying them with gold; I assume it also applies to buying them with cash.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 04:01:25 PM by Marco »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 04:30:53 PM »
I gotta be real, being able to pay the sub with gold really makes me want to get a second account for more character slots. I have an alt problem.
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 06:57:47 PM »
I guess everyone with money got home from work; the price dropped down to 27.9K.  My guess is that the equilibrium point is within 10% of 30K gold, but some people think the price will fall further.  (I think the most recent price tick was upwards, FWIW.)

I'll stop spamming the thread with price updates and just note that https://wowtoken.info/ exists.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:00:54 PM by Marco »

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 03:18:05 AM »
Well, the token I put up last night for around 30k finally sold early this morning. This whole thing has been fairly fascinating, I kind of can't wait to see what the market turns into in the next few months. I feel like there's potential for an economics paper or article here.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 04:01:50 AM »
It was pointed out to me that the people in game with the most gold are the guilds on high-population servers that sell things like gold achievement runs and so on.  I'm told that the most difficult of such things are sold for hundreds of thousands of gold and that these guilds have overflowed their guild vaults - they make side guilds just to hold the excess.  Presumably they'll now use that gold to buy tokens and give members free game time but it leads me to wonder if Blizz is keeping the token price identical on all servers/server groups or whether these guilds' millions would skew the price on high-population servers.

ghoselle

• Three Rivers Moderator
    • Three Rivers
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 05:34:00 AM »
I just bought tokens at 23k per.

**andius

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 06:24:45 AM »
I guess everyone with money got home from work; the price dropped down to 27.9K.  My guess is that the equilibrium point is within 10% of 30K gold, but some people think the price will fall further.  (I think the most recent price tick was upwards, FWIW.)

I'll stop spamming the thread with price updates and just note that https://wowtoken.info/ exists.

Thank you for the link to the Token price (Plus you do not need to let it run any scripts for it to display the graph and Token Price)
Andius (Hunter 110),Belandius (Priest 110),Dalandius (Warrior 110),Drandius (Shaman 110),Elandius (Rogue 110),Vandius (Mage 110),Deandius (Deathknight 110),Delandius (MoonKin Druid 110),Jinandius (Paladin 110),Shandius (Warlock 110) Kamandius (Monk 110), Ishandius (Demon Hunter 110)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 07:01:59 AM »
Presumably they'll now use that gold to buy tokens and give members free game time but it leads me to wonder if Blizz is keeping the token price identical on all servers/server groups or whether these guilds' millions would skew the price on high-population servers.

That would be a great angle, but the price is region-specific, and therefore server-agnostic.
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 07:09:55 AM »
So far no evidence of inflation in crafting material prices.  Savage bloods are actually down a bit.  I don't really have a good way to get a gestalt on things like rare pets; those have always been hard to track because the AH doesn't hand out finished-sale prices.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
It's hard to predict long-term trends after only one day, but according to that link Marco posted, the sell price of WoW tokens has fallen to below 22kG. I'm glad I bought and sold my token on the first day, when the sell price was still just a little under 30kG.

From what little I remember about economics from college, I assume this means that supply now exceeds demand. Speculation: Folks who were sitting on mega-gold bought all the tokens they wanted (or that they could) and now they don't need any more. Or perhaps we'll see it follow a day-night cycle, where people don't buy many tokens during the day but demand goes up at night.

For my part, at 22kG it no longer worth it to me to buy any more tokens for $20 to sell on the AH.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2015, 12:20:03 PM »
There's still the rolling limit on 10 tokens per 30 days per account, so maybe people are looking to buy more in a few days.
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
Yeah but price falls are good for those of us with half a million in game gold we'd like to find a use for.  At 20k per token that's a lot of game time I can acquire.