ASHRAN 6.2 CHANGES
There are no more Ashran premades. Join Ashran solo, and you will be put into a raid group in an existing Ashran.
If you want to join Ashran as a 5-man party, have the party leader join Ashran first and be placed in a party. Other members should then join Ashran and will be put in as slots open up -- joining Ashran in a party will greatly increase your queue times. You cannot join Ashran in a raid group.
If you get into a very bad Ashran where your team is losing a great deal, you can leave and wait a few minutes, then rejoin Ashran and you will usually be placed in a different Ashran. Keep in mind that if your team goes a long time without winning, you will eventually get a stacking buff that improves damage/healing to help you overcome the odds.
* All gear under 690 scales to 690 in PvP combat.
* Current Aspirant's Gear (625) scales to 700 in PvP combat.
* Current Honor Gear (670) scales to 715 in PvP combat.
* Current Conquest Gear (700) scales to 730 in PvP combat.
* Honor and Aspirant's gear can proc Warforged or sockets.
Upon joining Ashran, you will have two new quests in your log. These are weekly quests.
* The first is to get 200 HKs in Ashran. This awards 200 Conquest.
* The other is to win 4 events and kill Volrath/Tremblade. This awards 500 Conquest and a purple strongbox which will have a random piece of off-set gear or one of the Accolade trinkets in it. Once you complete this quest in a given week, you will be automatically given another quest to Continue the Domination -- It's the same quest, but only rewards the 500 Conquest, not the box. It is time consuming, but very possible, to cap conquest for the week solely in Ashran.
* Mage Portal/Warlock Gateway guardians and Elemental Summonable still give 25 conquest points on death, as does winning the Ogre King event.
* Events give 150 Honor per win, and only sometimes give a green quality strongbox (Aspirant's gear or gold).
* Tremblade/Volrath kills reward 50 honor and once per day reward a blue quality strongbox which can contain a piece of honor gear.
* Mage Portal/Warlock Gateway guardians, Elemental Summonable, Ogre King reward 75 honor.
* Artifact Fragments reward roughly 3 honor/fragment. Most rares only drop ~20-30 fragments now.
* The Ancient Artifact no longer spawns if Ashran is under 20v20.
* The Ancient Artifact has a short cooldown between when it despawns from its current holder to when it respawns in the wild.
* Even with these changes, because Ashran is now capped at 40v40, the team that holds the artifact is Extremely powerful. The current meta in Ashran is mostly based around making sure your team has the artifact, protects the artifact holder, and has the artifact on the correct player (usually ranged DPS -- MM hunters are very strong with the artifact.)
New Event – Apexis Excavation
* The new event added to Ashran in 6.2 takes place in the mines under Ashran. If this is your first time in Ashran since 6.2, there will be a quest at the mines to go explore it the first time you enter.
* The event works as such: When the event is active, ghost Arakkoa will spawn. Killing blows on the arrakoa gives the player a buff. Players with the buff then go to the vault within the mines as proof of killing the ghost arakkoa. The first team who has visited the NPC with proof of 30 arakkoa kills wins.
* Basic strategy is to go to mid within the mines and try to hold, since this is the only way into the vault, and the connecting point between the tunnels where the arakkoa spawn. Mid is in the air and connected to the tunnels by bridges, so knockbacks are very strong for keeping the opposing faction from reaching the vault.
* This event is probably the slowest, and the one usually sacrificed to make a strong road push for Trem/Vol kill.
Changes to other events
* Events were changed to require more of thing to be done, and to be more time consuming, allowing the other team to come back from behind.
- Molten Quarry requires 20 ore
- Ashmaul Burial Grounds requires 20 ghosts
- Stadium Racing at AoA requires 5 laps, and the racers cannot go over 300% speed.
- Fires at Brute's Rise have been moved, and accumulate points more slowly once capped. There are still only 5 fires.