Author Topic: BRF General  (Read 905 times)

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
BRF General
« on: February 04, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »
Normal mode difficulty of the whole three fights I've experienced (in a pug):
Beastlord Darmac > Gruul > Oregorger.

Beastlord was quite easy with a lot of room to mess up mechanics without deaths. (We had a lot of folks get pinned or eat breaths and we were still fine.) Gruul's a bit more fiddly due to inferno strike/petrify crossover, but still quite doable/forgiving.

Oregorger was comparatively pretty difficult/unforgiving. The two main difficulties we ran into were: melee being too close to the boss and being the one the acid torrent went through (this should always be a tank!!!!), which caused massive raid damage, and too many people dying during roll phase to make the enrage, which is tight enough you want all/most of your DPS alive. The pug I was in killed him after about an hour of wipes, but he's much harder than the other two bosses.

I've been told that Hans & Franz are also a good option for early targets when first going into normal mode BRF.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:51:59 AM by Edalia »
WoW: Keana | Neraati | Honorata | Coriandra | Naian
Discord: Honorata#8760

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
Re: BRF General
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »
further "normal difficulty order" opinions:

Darmac > Gruul > Hans & Franz > Flamebender Ka'graz > Oregorger

Hans & Franz took about 4 pulls for the pug i was in to kill. Flamebender took about the same amount of time to sort out as oregorger, but i feel her mechanics are less punishing to learn than oregorger maze.

have heard Iron Maidens are probably the toughest of the normal non-blackhand fights, but have done zero pulls on them to confirm.

edit did some pulls on normal Kromog. Would put him on the flamebender/oregorger side of things. mechanics aren't too tough, but tank damage can be highish

edit I would also add for heroic progression, both Gruul or Darmac are good starting points, but Darmac is a much longer fight. If you're coming directly from Imperator progression, you may want to start on Gruul, simply for a short break from Long Multi-Phase Stamina-measuring type fights.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:17:26 PM by Honorata »

Honorata

• Cupcakes Member
  • SORRY CAPS
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
Looking  for advice for NE raid team; what kind of DPS should I be looking for from my raiders to start normal BRF? If DPS is on the low side, what boss do you recommend starting with?

We've mostly been 3-healing in a group of 11-13.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:34:07 PM by Honorata »

Tweed

• Three Rivers Member
  • Cupcakes Member
  • Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »
As mmo-champion has reported, this 5-man group just cleared Furnace on normal and is now working on Blackhand. So, y'know, if you haven't killed both of them yet in a regular-sized raid group, you might as well just quit raiding.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »
Does LFR count?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice