Author Topic: Getting oriented in 6.0  (Read 3374 times)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: Getting oriented in 6.0
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
It is, I didn't read well.
o/\o

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 11:18:13 AM »
Be honest: You just like saying "Marco's is better." It's OK, I got used to saying that 7 years ago.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Eointhas

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »
I have been lazy.  When is the blessed event?

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 04:06:55 PM »
Most likely October 14.

Aviel

• Feral Cat Mistress
  • Three Rivers Member
  • Master of the Kitty-Fu
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 03:31:49 AM »
Sparklies are gone??! NOOOOOO

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »
For those of you who are into costumes - multiple people from beta and PTR have reported that many transmogs break with the new models.  If you care about this stuff it might be worth your time to copy the character to the PTR and see if it's something that will make you mad once it goes live.

Gwyddyon

• The Fired Lord
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 06:36:01 AM »
6.0, the fashionpocalypse.
Gwyddyon | Gwyllow | Gwyah | Gwystal | Eckhardt | Gwymbulvetr | Tethys | Gwynyang | Gwyabolic | Gwynchester

Leah

• Boomcop Posse Friend
  • Professional Meter Maid
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 06:43:40 AM »
Break how?

jsoh

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 06:51:50 AM »
This is a family website. "Wardrobe malfunction" is as far as we can go.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 06:19:16 AM »
Break how?

I have not tried this myself, but people tell me that some clothing doesn't seem to render (best guess is it's somewhere under the skin of the new model) and some of it intersects the models weirdly. What seems to have happened is that the new models are not simply more detail, but actually different visual volume, which comes with all the challenges you'd expect when Blizz hasn't updated old gear to render on the new volumes.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »
Let me see if I have this modeling idea straight: I was thinking of saving up Darkmoon Faire tickets to pick up transmog gear for my Pandaren monk. The Darkmoon Faire gear are based on the old T1 and T2 models from vanilla. Since that gear was never designed with Pandarens in mind, would it look weird and funky?
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
Let me see if I have this modeling idea straight: I was thinking of saving up Darkmoon Faire tickets to pick up transmog gear for my Pandaren monk. The Darkmoon Faire gear are based on the old T1 and T2 models from vanilla. Since that gear was never designed with Pandarens in mind, would it look weird and funky?

There have been no changes to the Pandaren model, so it should look the same as it did in Mists.
o/\o

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
icy-veins has released a set of class transition guides, which are aimed at people raiding at level 90 between tomorrow's patch and the Warlords launch.  These are much more concise than the wowhead guides and include advice on rotations and talent choices.  Some are more elaborate than others.  I've linked to these in the first post.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 08:27:18 PM »
*Grumble* From what I can tell from Icy Veins, Affliction Warlocks have been nerfed to the point where it's not a great spec even for non-instance PvE. I've stuck with Affliction with Winston for several years, because I rarely took him into instances. If I want to level him in WoD I'm going to have to change his spec and learn a whole new playing style again. I couldn't get the hang of Destruction in Wrath, but maybe there's enough of a difference since then that I can wrap my head around it.
Bill Seligman

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:06 AM »
I have not looked at the 6.x changes for warlocks, but I will say that Demonology is a good learning spec if you're not raiding.  Your booberry can probably hold aggro on most things in the world while you figure out what buttons to push when.

I did spec Destro to get my green fire (GREEN FIRE!) and I found that more enjoyable than expected.  Very nice burst.  If it stays fun after the patch I might play that for a while.