Author Topic: Warlords Raiding  (Read 2697 times)

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
Warlords Raiding
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
Just curious. Although the silence on the forums doesn't seem too encouraging. Has there been any interest or talk of making a raid group for Warlords? Even if it's just a casual group once or twice a week. Something to see the content with without needing to rely on random groups.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
Re: Warlords Raiding
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
There has been talk in the respective Mists groups' boards. There will definitely be 3-5 DC groups raiding, and it will be much easier to add people with the new flexible sizes.

Which character/role would you be playing?

(also, wb Nikole)
o/\o

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 07:39:12 AM »
Which board is that? Although I admit I only glanced through the boards for a raid topic. Guess I missed it.

Either tank warrior or heal or balance with druid. If there's already plans going on for a group I'll be flexible with who turns into my main.

(Thank you!)

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
I was just talking about the hosted groups "secret" boards (not that secret, but members only), like the Bacon Bandits board but for the other groups.

For instance, the Boomcop Posse group I raided with is just starting to ask who will be around and up for raiding when WoD drops. I'm sure there will be more talk in this section when we have a clearer idea of when WoD raiding will start. Are you looking for a specific type of group (2-night, 4-night Mythic, etc)?
o/\o

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
Honestly, I've done almost no looking into what's going to be in Warlords so I don't know about the raid structures yet. I've just been getting the itch to raid again.

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
Oh! The biggest change is probably that most raiding, except the highest level, will be flexible sizes. This is like the current "Flex" tier of Siege of Orgrimmar, where you can take 10-25 people to the raid, and the content will scale. You can even lose/gain people as the night goes on. This should make scheduling wayyy easier, and, outside of class balance (e.g. still need 2 tanks), will allow more raid groups to combine and split more deftly.

"Mythic" is the highest level of raiding, which replaces current Heroic. It's the only fixed-size raid difficulty, with 20 players required.

With the new flex style, you don't even have to compete for raid spots!
o/\o

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 07:41:20 AM »
I expect that F&L will be running evening raids 2-3 nights/wk.  I suspect we'll continue to use the in-game calendar for invites, but are happy to add any DC members who want to be notified.

Winston

• Cupcakes Member
  • RPing since 1976
    • Argothald
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 09:01:58 AM »
Speaking only for myself, a bi-weekly raid schedule is usually all I can manage. (I'm still not sure how I found time to grind for the legendary cloak.) So I'll never fit in to the progression-oriented raids, but maybe if casual n00bish raiding shows up after a while, I'll join in.
Bill Seligman
Alliance: Winston, Yungi, Pellinore, Tebyalyublyu, Theadora, Vasili, Winella, Winstonia
Horde: Grotar, Swiftslice

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
With that explanation of raids it's almost surprising that it took this long for it to be added to the games.

2-3 nights a week is pretty much the maximum I would want to be available for raiding. Although Tues and Thurs are currently taken.

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 03:54:25 AM »
Release date. Neat. Still a ways off but any idea what groups are short on which classes/specs? So I know who I should level first when it does release?

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 06:18:55 AM »
F&L is often short on tanks.  It's hard to predict who's going to decide to level what, and Pogue and I will be able to two-tank things if nobody else is tanking (*) but it'd be nice to have more people who wanted to do that.

We are also historically low on warlocks, shadow priests, and ele shamen.

(*) It's amazing how much more effective tank coordination is when you have the ability to talk directly to the other tank without having to wait for Vent lag, key a mic, or cut through the chatter.  "Crap! I taunted Garrosh by mistake - can you get him back?"  "OK, my debuffs are off in 3, taunting."

Edalia

• Red Velvet
  • Cupcakes Admin
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 06:31:31 AM »
BCP always needs healers.
o/\o

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Well, that narrows down if I want to level Nikole or Kaylinare first.  ;) Suppose it'll have to come down what the raid schedules are.

Volde

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 07:47:46 AM »
Appears to be that time again.. deciding the question that always results in a yes: To raid this expansion or not?!?

Is there a DC raid group that raids around the 7-10 eastern 2-3 days a week seeking DPS and/or a Healer? I'd love to raid with BCP again, but I don't want to commit (again) to raiding up to and past 11pm, because I know I will burn out.

Kaylinare

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 06:32:31 AM »
Kicking this thread again because the expansion is that much closer. Also, due to vacation and family time throughout December (a portion of which I actually won't have internet at all), are there any groups not really looking to get their raiding going until after the holidays? Could pop on for leveling or 5-mans but I wouldn't be able to make real commitments until Jan. Living 700 miles from my family, they kinda get the priority when I take the leave to see 'em.  ;D

Also, my earlier posts said I prefer warrior or druid. But I've been knocking out my leveling. By expansion I could also do warlock (haven't raided since Kara), paladin, hunter, monk, rogue or mage. Shaman and priest characters are babies. They could be done. Maybe. Just means more work for me.