Author Topic: Anyone know what the game population is?  (Read 983 times)

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
Anyone know what the game population is?
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »
I'm having a hella time finding folk in the 30-35 range to group with.  Last night around 8 Eastern there were about 3 Exiles in all of Farside.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
Re: Anyone know what the game population is?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
I don't know! I don't think they've released any info, judging by what thayd/illium looks like at primetime I'd say the populations are pretty healthy. I haven't seen the servers below medium except for the one oceanic server (which made sense since we'd be on off hours for them)

Supposedly medium pop for wildstar servers is comparable to high pop for most other mmos. Could be you just happen to be awkwardly positioned between leveling waves? Evindra also has a lot of people wandering around the cities/housing rp-ing instead of leveling :)

If I happen across anything I'll post it.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
It appears (anecdotally, but talking with many people across servers and guilds) that there's a decent max (50) level population but below that it's sparse.  I'm having increasing trouble finding groups for my leveling toons and getting the multiperson quests done is difficult.  Others express the same.  I'm not sure what this says, except that probably not many people after the initial rush are coming into the game and leveling new characters.

In an amusing moment I saw someone with an "11th Hour" tag.  He says they are not associated with the WoW guild but instead are a group that transferred from City of Heroes.

Marco

• Three Rivers Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »
There is wildstar-progress.com which tracks raid progress, for what it's worth.  The lengthy attunement chain means there isn't a lot of it.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 03:00:22 PM »
http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/megaservers-are-coming-to-wildstar/

Wildstar is announcing "megaservers" which sounds to me a lot like server merges, but they're spinning it as servers allowing larger populations.  My guess is that they had a number of servers with low population but not enough capability to merge two low-pop servers.  People (like me) are already complaining about random disconnects.

Theoretically they'll also give people more character slots, but there's already a problem of people sitting around with just a max-level character and not doing alts, so I don't expect that to have a big effect.

Wren

• Cupcakes Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
I mean it's sort of the thing to have mega servers now, gw2 did it, wow did it (essentially), eve always had it etc It's a nice way to ensure that there's always people to play with without having to worry about managing individual server populations.

I do feel for the rp folks who are upset although I think the reaction is a bit overblown. We'll see!

I thought it interesting that people were howling for megaservers at launch when there were queues and now there are people howling again that they're planning on implementing them. Well ok not interesting, probably about what I expected really.

Snique

• Cupcakes Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
I spent a lot of hours in-game this weekend and did not manage to get a random group once (queuing as DPS).  Anecdotal reports say this is true for anything lower than veteran queues, which does not bode well.